December 2016 Moms

Re: Memorial Day Monday Bitchfest

• Was supposed to go to the beach today with some friends. They offered to drive so we agreed. This morning they text us if we can meet them there. We have one working car and it does not have AC. So we are not going to the beach today. DH is bummed. But they are coming over and we are grilling so it ended well.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • DH told MIL that I would like an apology for her being disrespectful to me before I could truly move on. MIL then said she's done with me... So I guess the rest of my life will be awkward then? Since I can't go over there on holidays now I'm thinking I should ask DH not to go over there on holidays so we can spend them as a family. This whole situation is ridiculous. 
  • @doodleoodle - Hugs.  Hang in there.  I certainly don't think it would be ridiculous to expect your husband to spend the holidays with you and your children when you are not welcome at his mother's house, but I also hope that perhaps this will sort itself out.
  • I have a friend at work who will be starting a huge project over the summer.  I did a similar project last year.  She KEEPS asking for copies of EVERYTHING I did - from the proposal to the advertising, etc, etc.  It took SO LONG for me to put all that stuff together and she's just taking what I did and rewriting it for herself.  It is driving me crazy.  I want to help her but I'm also pissed that she took this on and can't seem to do it for herself.
  • beff12beff12 member
    edited May 2016
    Another MIL story! She had some coke that she watered down on purpose (I could probably stop there - gross) and DD wanted some. MIL heard me earlier tell her that she couldn't have any of my Coke, so MIL said "I don't think mommy wants you to have this." I said, "yeah, she doesn't need that - there's her cup." So what did MIL do? Proceeded to spoon feed (what?!) DD her watered down coke. Every few spoonfuls she said, "your mommy doesn't want you to have this!" *feeds more* I actually said TO HER FACE AND SHE HEARD ME a second time, "no, she shouldn't have that" AND SHE KEPT GIVING HER THE STUPID COKE.

I know it was watered down and it was caffeine free anyways so I'm not worried about the health side of it, but I said SHE DOESN'T GET THAT. It's the principle of it.

Can you tell that my fingers were angry while I was typing that? Because they were. They feel better now.

DH said "that's what grandmas do," and I said "false, your mom does that. My mom believes me when I say she can't have something."

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• @beff12 that is absolutely ridiculous. I am so sorry! Does your MIL not understand that she's teaching your daughter it's okay to disobey? 
  • @beff12 I would be livid.  Spoon fed her cola??!!! Are you kidding me? Bitch would have had that cup smacked out of her hands before she could blink.  
  • leksiLleksiL member
    We have been painting this house for the last ten days. We are down to the trim in the living room and then we can finally finish unpacking. I figured today we could totally prime and paint. Wrong!!! 5 hours later we were just done the priming!! 

also the washer and dryer in the house are broken. This morning the basement had water everywhere from the stupid washer. So we had to get a new set which is another expense we hadn't planned for. I had to go to target to get socks underwear and dish towels since they aren't delivering the machines until Saturday. 

On the plus side, I also got some maternity jeans and they are the best thing ever!! 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• beff12beff12 member
    @LinziLoo09 can your MIL have a MIL training class? On how to be at the very least easy to get along with?

I don't know. We are fairly certain that she doesn't like me, or at least doesn't like the fact that I married her son (thus taking him from her even though he was already out of the house). Theres always tension on days like today because my parents aren't thrilled with how she acts towards me. Raaaaage

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• BLOAT. My bitch is bloat. I keep reading and hearing that STMs show sooner but I'm feeling like a lunatic. I met a girl who is due the exact same time as me and looked like she just stepped out of a VS catalogue. Wah.

also, I made all sorts of not-so-subtle hints to my H that I wanted a FitBit for Mother's Day. He said it was a waste of money and blah blah but I made a good case and he surprised me with one. I lost it on Saturday and now I feel like a grade A spoiled brat. He got me something pricey that I didn't need and I was careless with it. I feel awful. Ugh. 
  • My MIL drives me crazy too. When I was only a couple months along we had dinner at her house and she preceded to TELL us that we would be christening our daughter as Anglican. Neither me or my husband are religious in any way. He had gone (been forced) through "confirmation" when he was younger and he probably hasn't set foot in a church since. I had had religion shoved down my throat for almost 10 years while growing up from my bat-shit-crazy step father and have absolutely NO interest in Christianity.

My side of the family (my mothers side anyway) does not do baptisms. My mother wasn't, and neither was I or my sister. Most of my family follows more of a loose pagan belief, although we have always been free to follow which ever religion felt right for us, which is something that I would like to continue to do with my daughter. I want her to be free to find herself as she grows. I do not want to force her beliefs on her, she can make those decisions on her own.

I have no problem with Christianity, most of my friends and their families are, and I have grown up around it, but I just don't believe in it. I had always tried to, and wanted to, but it just never sat right with me. I didn't think it would make me as angry as it did that she is trying to force this on us, and my daughter. It is absolutely NONE of her business what we choose to do. It is OUR decision. If my husband felt strongly about baptizing his daughter then I would support his wishes entirely, but the fact that she thinks she has ANY say in this is what makes me so angry.

My husband and his mother aren't even that close. She has been nothing but manipulative for as long as I've known her. She has a big gambolling problem and will "borrow" money every chance she gets and is extremely nosy as well. She feels that she has the right to stick her nose in both our business as well as my husband's fathers, whom she had been cheating on for over 15 of the 25 years they were together!! It crushed his father (whom my husband IS extremely close to) when he finally found out. She will come over unannounced and just walk in the house. She comes over and sifts through my FIL's mail and personal belongings. She makes me insane.

I apologize for the long rant... it feels SO good to get this off my chest though!

• I have a friend at work who will be starting a huge project over the summer.  I did a similar project last year.  She KEEPS asking for copies of EVERYTHING I did - from the proposal to the advertising, etc, etc.  It took SO LONG for me to put all that stuff together and she's just taking what I did and rewriting it for herself.  It is driving me crazy.  I want to help her but I'm also pissed that she took this on and can't seem to do it for herself.
    This is the worst!!! I have been there before. I don't think it is always necessary to reinvent the wheel, but It's the worst kind of compliment when someone reuses ALL you have worked so hard to create. And they'll never know or appreciate just how much work it took.. But they will be oh so proud of themselves for all their "hard work"...
  • em01092em01092 member
    @kmarshall27  What did you/your husband say about it after she said that? I have a feeling a similar conversation is coming between my MIL and DH and I also. MIL was raised Methodist and DH wasn't baptized as a baby, but she is super hardcore Lutheran now and that is a big deal in that denomination, apparently.

I was raised Southern Baptist, so while I am also not religious now, I do appreciate the Baptist mentality behind allowing a child to choose when he/she wants to be baptized and profess his or her faith before the congregation. It's a very independent thing. I mean kids will tell their folks ahead of time they want to join the church or get baptized, but there isn't typically a lot of pressure. You do it when you are ready, and everyone is different. There is no set timeline or year that you enter any sort of prep or training.

We already talked about it and he said if she brings it up, he will address it with her since it's his mother. One less thing for me to worry about lol. 
    December 2016 August Siggy Challenge: Embarrassing Back to School Pics

BabyFruit Ticker

• MILs are just on a roll lately! Mine too. We went for the day up to their small cottage on a lake about a two hour drive from our house. My DS is 18 months old and we made the plan that we would leave in the afternoon for his nap time so he could sleep in the car on the way home. As we're leaving (after MIL spent literally 20 minutes with him over the 5 hours we were there) she swoops in and says that she's going to come to our house and take him from us and not give him back for hours. Uhhh no. He doesn't even know who she is! Maybe she should spend some time with him at our house or with us somewhere first before she just whisks him away. She'll take him over my dead body.

Her two other daughters-in-law couldn't wait to get a break from their kids and would essentially throw them at her when they were babies so that they could do something for themselves. That's fine if it worked for them but that's not how DH and I parent. So sick of her making comments like that EVERY time we see her. And she bitches about it to her sisters (DH's aunts) so that THEY also make the same comments. One of them is my mother's dental hygienist and she said something to my mom about how my DS hasn't spent an overnight at my MIL's! So irritating. 

• @doodleoodle I wish we could set an army of D16ers loose on your MIL and DH to set them straight. I feel so bad for you.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • @slartybartfast oooo let's arrange that! It could be like the scene in The Santa Clause where the elves tie up the cop to bust Santa out of jail. "We're you're worst nightmare. Pregnant women, with attitude." 

Sorry for the obscure Christmas movie reference. I've only been able to think about Christmas and how terrible it will be. Part of me feels like I should just give in and apologize for the greater good. Tell her I'm pregnant and use pregnancy hormones as an excuse, but the other part of me wants to take a stand for all of the times she's shoved her opinions about various things down everyone's throat. 

P.S. I'm so sorry that my stupid in law drama has taken over so many threads. I'm going to a better community member from now on. I promise! 
  • @em01092 I was kind of in shock when she had said it,  I should have said something right there but I didn't, then after we left it just kept making me angrier and angrier. I didn't tell hubby how much it angered me. He's never been to a christening so he has no idea what we need to do or where we are supposed to go. His mom doesn't even attend church. I asked him about what was happening with the whole thing and if we were just supposed to walk into a random church and ask if some stranger would christen our kid(?)... he has no clue.

I have to sit down and really talk about it with him one of these days and find out what HE wants, not his mother.