June 2016 Moms
Options

Definitely going to be a June mama!

I'm due June 2 (Thursday) and last Wednesday 5/25 my doctor told me she wouldn't be surprised if I had my little girl within the week. So it was either late May or early June baby!

Well I'm still pregnant with no contractions (besides a crap load of BH) today, so it looks like Evelyn is going to be a June baby! 

Currently, Snorlax is my spirit animal. 

Re: Definitely going to be a June mama!

• Options
    I was so so so sure i was going to have a May baby, since before i was pregnant, i told anyone who asked she would be a girl born in May. Shes a girl... but May seems like its not gonna happen! Its okay. June has a really pretty birthstone!

bs3.jpg 60.9K
  • Options
    Ugh my baby is due tomorrow and I've had no signs at all of impending labor. I'm about to go nuts! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yup! my due date is Friday, the 3rd. I've been 2cm dilated for weeks with my 2nd baby. 
    This boy is def. going to be a June baby!
  • Options
    Was due May 26. So far, no baby and tomorrow is June so...definitely going to be a June baby.
  • Options
    scottenscotten member
    Yep, me too! RCS is scheduled for tomorrow morning.  :)
  • Options
    I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever! I wish there were some signs of impending labor. 
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I'm due tomorrow, and I really thought I was gonna go early (no good reason, just felt like I wouldn't last until June). But here I sit, with inconsistent BH, random symptoms, but no sign of impending labor :) I know it could be two more weeks, and I'm trying to just get over my impatience and enjoy the final silent moments for the next 18+ years. 
  • Options
    Just got back from my doctor appointment and I told her no contractions besides BH and pelvic pressure. She did an exam and was very surprised that I am 3cm dilated and 70% effaced! She said that I probably have a high pain threshold and just haven't felt the contractions as painful! She couldn't strip my membranes to help things along because I'm GBS positive though. Damn.

Yay, progress! 
  • Options
    kayla2536 said:
    Just got back from my doctor appointment and I told her no contractions besides BH and pelvic pressure. She did an exam and was very surprised that I am 3cm dilated and 70% effaced! She said that I probably have a high pain threshold and just haven't felt the contractions as painful! She couldn't strip my membranes to help things along because I'm GBS positive though. Damn.

Yay, progress! 
    I had my membranes stripped last time even though I was GBS positive. I wonder what the thought process is there. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    adiaz132003adiaz132003 member
    edited May 2016
    kayla2536 said:

Yay, progress! 
    I had my membranes stripped last time even though I was GBS positive. I wonder what the thought process is there.

QBF:

Maybe because sometimes the sac can break during a sweep then then they'd have to start you on meds where as if you're negative they could let you go home for 24 hours and see if labor starts on its own, otherwise you have to be induced.
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    kayla2536 said:

Yay, progress! 

QBF:

Maybe because sometimes the sac can break during a sweep then then they'd have to start you on meds where as if you're negative they could let you go home for 24 hours and see if labor starts on its own, otherwise you have to be induced.
    My understanding is to avoid moving the bacteria up the birth canal. Doctors seem split about it, but my doc said she doesn't recommend membrane sweeps, excessive cervical exams, artificial water breaks, and some induction methods that would put something up your vagina.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    She said it wasn't recommended and if I don't have her by Monday, they'll schedule a tentative induction at 41 weeks. Hopefully I have something going on soon! I had a pap smear at my very first appointment back in October, maybe another exam at 20ish weeks then this was my only cervical exam. She asked me if I wanted her to and since I was already pantsless and anxious I was definitely curious to know!