October 2016 Moms

Symptoms Thread 5/30

Tell ll us your symptoms here! (Sorry if the pic is huge, I'm on mobile today since my office is closed for the holiday) 

Re: Symptoms Thread 5/30

• Anyone else having what I can only describe as muscle cramps in the abdomen? They're not uterine, not deep enough to be, but more towards the surface and on the under side of the bump. I thought it was after being active but I'm feeling it this morning and haven't been active at all yet today. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• why with the hiccups? I can't stop. it's like I'm gasping for air and hiccuping 
  • Loading the player...
  • So I'm supposed to lay on my left side, right? Usually I switch back and forth between sides all night, so not a problem. However... my left hip has been bothering me, hurts when I lay on it and frequently causes my left leg to cramp up and/or get pins and needles. So now I'm switching back and forth between my back and right side and worrying that I'm suffocating the baby every time I'm on my back.

• @rainMira9e With DS I had a shoulder injury that took over 9 months to heal and of course it was my left side. I flipped around a lot propped my self up a bit so I wasn't directly on my back and it was fine. As long as you aren't spending all night in one position you are fine, and you will move if it is causing discomfort while you sleep. With this one I find myself waking up on my back and falling asleep on my right side.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Am I the only one still vomiting? Tell me I'll not. 

• I can't complain much, but ouch the round ligament pain has been unreal this pregnancy. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Pregnancy rage where'd you come from?!  I wish I had the weepiness I had my first pregnancy instead of this.  This is just plain ugly.
  • So I'm supposed to lay on my left side, right? Usually I switch back and forth between sides all night, so not a problem. However... my left hip has been bothering me, hurts when I lay on it and frequently causes my left leg to cramp up and/or get pins and needles. So now I'm switching back and forth between my back and right side and worrying that I'm suffocating the baby every time I'm on my back.
    I asked my OB about the back/side sleeping thing last appointment. She said if there's something wrong, you will move. Otherwise, women have been having babies for so long that we would have evolved to be round if there was a huge problem with how we sleep. I end up on my right side the majority of the time and will occasionally wake up on my back. She was not worried about any of it 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Waking up with horrible knee pain. I sleep with a pillow between my knees, what more do they want from me?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hips are killing me and my feet are swelling. 
  • LGW2015LGW2015 member
    @TurtleMomma I do the pillow thing too but I realized that if I keep my legs bent my knees really hurt, so I make sure to have my legs in a more straightened position (only slight bent) and they haven't bothered me since. Keeping them completely straight pulls on my abdomen muscles but having my legs bent up hurt my knees and put pressure on my hips so I found just a slight bend is the most comfortable. Hope you find a position that's not painful! Also maybe see if the pillow is too thick or too thin and throwing you out of alignment.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • crying all the time... at the tiniest of things. (Today I cried because my SO was going to go make mac and cheese without me... and when he was like why are you so worked up about this? only response I had was i don't know and cry harder.)

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • @ByeBabyBunting  you are not alone unfortunately. I spent most of the holiday weekend throwing up =( 
  • Yeah I'm definitely feeling what must be abdominal muscle pain or cramping, @MRSCORKER

I also made the mistake of taking a prenatal vitamin on an empty stomach over the weekend. Got nauseous, thought a shower might help. Cut to me on all fours, knees in the shower, head over the toilet, throwing up my morning glass of water, gastric fluid and bits of vitamin so violently my nose starts bleeding. My husband comes in and thinks I'm throwing up blood. I calm him down, get him to grab me a sparkling water and retreat back into the shower.

• I have a stomach virus and am running a low grade fever (99.7). Should I just sleep it off? Any suggestions?

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Yup, sleep it off 

• Is anyone else having crazy vivid dreams? I keep dreaming about the strangest things every night, and sometimes I have insanely vivid bad dreams. Just had a bad one now (about someone breaking into what was apparently our house, but I have never seen the house before), and hubby said I was talking / yelling in my sleep, which is really rare for me. 

• PupatellaPupatella member
    edited May 2016
    MRSCORKER said:
    I have a stomach virus and am running a low grade fever (99.7). Should I just sleep it off? Any suggestions?
    @MRSCORKER , I hope you feel better soon. I would call your doctor in the morning and ask. Maybe take some Tylenol to try to reduce the fever if you can keep it down?

• Pupatella said:
    Is anyone else having crazy vivid dreams? I keep dreaming about the strangest things every night, and sometimes I have insanely vivid bad dreams. Just had a bad one now (about someone breaking into what was apparently our house, but I have never seen the house before), and hubby said I was talking / yelling in my sleep, which is really rare for me. 
    I've been having crazy dreams too. I usually never dream and have been having one almost every night. There usually about sex and other weird things. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks @TurtleMomma and @Pupatella. Tylenol did the trick!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Anyone feel like they are leaking? I keep going to pee and only a little bit comes out but I feel like it's just slowly trickling out 
  • fitlady21 said:
    Anyone feel like they are leaking? I keep going to pee and only a little bit comes out but I feel like it's just slowly trickling out 
    That happens to me sometimes and then the next time I go it will be normal. I think it depends on where the baby is laying? Not sure but it's definitely annoying to feel like you have to pee and then barely anything comes out.

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• UponAStar16UponAStar16 member
    edited May 2016
    @MRSCORKER about the muscle pain/cramping, when that happens for no apparent reason, it really helps when I drink a lot of water. First thing in the morning or after sitting/laying, getting up slowly or rolling to the side before getting up also helps

edit to add PS, I have a c section-like surgery scar too so it might be a little different but I think should still help, unless you're talking Braxton Hicks?
  • emmaaaemmaaa member
    I had some serious pain/cramping yesterday for the first time. DH wanted to take me to the hospital but since I wasn't bleeding, I convinced him to wait. We were helping MIL  move this weekend and paint so I figured I just over did it. It's better today so that's good but I just need to take it easy. 
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I have been feeling like my heart races at night when I lay down.  It feels similar to having too many cups of coffee, but I only have one cup in the morning so I know it's not caffine related.  Usually it's accompanied with RLS so I can't sleep at all.  Could be anxiety related but definitely something I plan to bring up to my dr.  
  • @MRSCORKER - the fever would be the main thing I'd worry about. If tylenol brings it down then it's probably fine. And as long as you're able to stay hydrated. Otherwise, your OBGYN would probably want you to come in.

My skin is doing much better - no new acne in about a week. I'm still not feeling real movement which is bumming me out, but I do think I feel some flips or little things...at least I'm trying to convince myself that's what I'm feeling. I'm also still low on energy. I used to be able to shop all day, but went to the outlets yesterday with my mom and sister and had to keep taking breaks to sit down and finally told them we had to wrap it up after a few hours.
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • KaessiKaessi member
    I woke up yesterday morning with a rash all over my stomach/torso area. Just small raised bumps that kind of itch, but not severely. I've called my doctor but haven't heard back yet. Anyone else experience this?
  • bosslady925bosslady925 member
    edited May 2016
    @Kaessi - my skin has been even more sensitive since getting pregnant. If it doesn't look really bad (like blisters) I wouldn't worry about it. Did you switch detergents/soaps/shampoo/lotion? Wear a new shirt? Sit in the sun? I wore a new shirt early on and got a rash on my arms. It took me a day or two to figure out what it was. Just this weekend I sat on a towel our dogs had been lying on and had an itchy red rash immediately afterward. I thought it was from the sun/laying out but realized it was from the dog hair. It could also just be dry skin if you can't think of any other changes. Maybe try putting some coconut oil or lotion on it.
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • I have been feeling like my heart races at night when I lay down.  It feels similar to having too many cups of coffee, but I only have one cup in the morning so I know it's not caffine related.  Usually it's accompanied with RLS so I can't sleep at all.  Could be anxiety related but definitely something I plan to bring up to my dr.  
    Talk to your doctor but it's a common pregnancy thing. This is 3rd pregnancy for me and it's one of my first symptoms, and stays around until birth. It's a concern if it doesn't slow to normal or become regular in rhythm. 
  • @emmaaa I had some cramping and tummy pangs yesterday too, didn't really feel like RLP.  But, I had been working outside in the yard, then moving boxes and painting, so I tried to not get too freaked.  Drank some water and went to bed early - felt lots better in the morning! I think it's just our body's way of saying, "Chill, woman! We can't keep up with you these days!"
  • I'm wondering if these are BHs but weird lingering tightness in my lower belly. It's nothing like what I remember of contractions but I get all bent-over and can't quite stand up straight (comfortably) for a little while. 

• I'm wondering if these are BHs but weird lingering tightness in my lower belly. It's nothing like what I remember of contractions but I get all bent-over and can't quite stand up straight (comfortably) for a little while. 
    I've been the same way for about a week. If I sit or am reclined for too long it's tough getting back up! Climbing out of bed over all the body pillows is [apparently] a funny sight for DH.
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    MRSCORKER said:
    I have a stomach virus and am running a low grade fever (99.7). Should I just sleep it off? Any suggestions?
    oh no! Feel better soon :( As PP have said, I'd sleep it off, given that your fever isn't really high.
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    Kaessi said:
    I woke up yesterday morning with a rash all over my stomach/torso area. Just small raised bumps that kind of itch, but not severely. I've called my doctor but haven't heard back yet. Anyone else experience this?
    hopefully not PUPPS... I read that it usually starts later in pregnancy but can start any time. Or, as a PP said, it could just be a sensitivity to someone new... maybe hives. Keep an eye out to see if it's spreading to other places on your body as you scratch and then touch other areas. I hope it goes away soon!
  • My legs fall sleep and go numb when I'm sitting down, it is miserable when I have to drive for a while. 
  • For anyone else dealing with newly-developed issues due to thighs rubbing together, I've found that baby powder helps a little. Not that I had a thigh gap since I was like 8, but it's getting annoying/painful in a way I never noticed before
  • All I have to say is being pregnant in the summer should come with a complementary thigh gap.
    The chub rub is real.

Thanks to everyone for responding with suggestions for my fever. Tylenol, gatorade and sleep did the trick!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• blaf322blaf322 member
    When I first wake up in the morning the bottoms of my feet are super sore, like I've been standing on them all day. It gets better as the day goes on and I walk on them a little more, but they are crazy tender in the morning. Not to the touch, just the pressure of standing. Any ideas? 
  • Just throwing it out there (and cuz I can't STAND when my thighs rub together, especially in the heat!) but I bought this at Walmart to ease the current "chub rub" (such a good term!) under dresses... It's very lightweight, stretchy, sits nicely over the belly and breathes.  It was only $16 and I've already washed it once, held up nicely.  I haven't exactly worn it to sit outside all day, more to work or out to dinner...but I pretty much limit my time outside of A/C in the summer - pregnant or not pregnant.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Flexees-by-Maidenform-Women-s-Firm-Control-Seamsless-Packaged-Hiwaist-Thighslimmer-83047/35498965