February 2017 Moms

FFFC!

It is Friday so time for flame free Friday confessions.

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks

Re: FFFC!

• So mine is I have only found out I am pregnant a couple of days ago and I have already told a ton of people. I know we are suppose to wait till the chances of a MC are smaller but I realized after my mc, I had to tell a ton of people why I was soo sad and depressed. I am happy person, so people kept asking what was wrong with me. So basically it did not help to wait to tell people because instead I had to tell people yes I was pregnant but I had a mc that is why I am crying all the time. So now I am starting to tell people who found out about my MC. That way I do not have to go through that awkward conversation again. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • @skiingstark That's exactly how I feel. We told my in-laws the first day I tested positive even though I hadn't even passed my missed period because 1) we told them early the first time and 2) we wanted to know people were praying for us and our little one. I've only told a couple people so far but we're telling the families soon. I told DH that I didn't want to have to tell people I was pregnant and MC in the same breath, I want to be excited no matter what happens.
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My FFFC - today I'm having my first coffee in 2 weeks. And it's good! Also, I still have my TTGP May siggy up lol.

Love my LEO!!

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• @skiingstark  We've already told both sets of parents and siblings.  DH initially wanted to wait but we both decided that if anything should happen, we wanted the support either way.

FFFC- I'm wearing the same pair of pants for the 3rd day in a row.  They are just so comfy and 'broken in', I have zero f*cks about it.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • @BumpasaurusRex I've worn 1 pair of pants to work several times this week. They're the only pair that's comfy but I can't button them because bloat so I just wear flowy tops. I think a shopping trip is in order this weekend.

Love my LEO!!

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• I see nothing wrong with telling people as soon as it's right for you and your SO! We're chosing to wait on most, but every couple is different. My FFFC is that I can decide if I'm already having symptoms or am imagining them as an excuse for afternoon naps.  
  • yogadevilyogadevil member
    edited May 2016
    My first FFFC so hopefully I'm doing this right-

Since finding out we we're pregnant my MIL decided to move close to us, and it pisses me off. 6 hours away was plenty close!!

Edited because my comment somehow disappeared
  • @becbec28 I like what you said about being excited no matter what. :smile: My FFFC- I don't care how or when MIL finds out we are pregnant. She bascially has nothing to do with us, for no apparent reason. DH only speaks to her maybe once a month. I really want her to be involved, but I am not forcing her to be in my child's life.
  • joyful08joyful08 member
    edited May 2016
    I think it's totally okay to tell whenever you feel ready. 

My fffc is that i am convincing DH to wait another month and a half to tell our families because I cannot deal with MIL knowing. (He doesn't know this is the real reason) She smothers me and I just want space. I don't want her constantly asking me if I'm okay and bringing me things that she thinks will help like she did with my last pregnancy. Just leave me alone! Lol
  • joyful08 said:

My fffc is that i am convincing DH to wait another month and a half to tell our families because I cannot deal with MIL knowing. (He doesn't know this is the real reason) She smothers me and I just want space. I don't want her constantly asking me if I'm okay and bringing me things that she thinks will help like she did with my last pregnancy. Just leave me alone! Lol
    I am worried about this too. My MIL is sweet, but she was very smothering around our wedding and I'm a pretty independent person. I'm enjoying this time of it being our little secret in many ways, though it will be fun to share when the time comes. 
  • fsuswimfsuswim member
    Thank you for posting your thoughts on sharing pregnancy news after miscarriage! We just found out we are expecting after a loss last August and I want to tell our family members so that they can be supportive and pray for us. The loss was really hard for us both. We're feeling very optimistic this time around! Wishing the best for you all as well! 
  • VastraVastra member
    @skiingstark Excellent point about support and wanting people to have known if something goes wrong. I told H last night that I want to wait at least 8 weeks before telling any family (all in other states), but I did call BFF today, because she's had her struggles, and knows what it's like to suffer in silence. I kept apologizing for telling her so early, and she reminded me that I will have her full support if something goes wrong. 

FFFC: I left a cast party early last night so I could come home and test. Glad I did! Also, I got a haircut on Thursday just so I could have someone else wash my hair. Almost fell asleep in the chair. 
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • @BumpasaurusRex
    Ain't no shame in that game! I just recently entered the queue to become a LuLaRoe consultant which I am STOKED about (hello..discounts galore on amazing "maternity" clothes)! I have several pairs of LLR leggings that I wear on a daily basis when I get home from work. My DH now refers to them as my sassy pants and said LLR sassy pants are the reason I got knocked up. LOL
  • joyful08 said:

@joyful08  So. Much. This. Last time I got pregnant, we told her the day of BFP, and she literally told me I could no longer open my car door or do laundry.....seriously??? More like a Smother In Law. I am sooo glad we live 3 states away right now.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!