April 2016 Moms

Activity playmats

LO is 2 months old and Im considering getting him a playmat. Are they worth the money? LO isnt interested in his toys yet, he mostly just looks around and up at the ceiling fan when he is laying on the floor. Im thinking maybe when he is a little older he will enjoy a playmat, or maybe he will be too busy rolling around to even care about the hanging toys. What do you mamas think of playmats? Yea or nay?

Re: Activity playmats

• My LO is also 2 months and really enjoys the playmat. At first he just kind of lay there but now he bats at the hanging toys and is kicking up a storm. I would recommend!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DD is on her playmat now. We also have wood floors and no rug in our TV room (where we spend most of our time at home). She isn't incredibly interested in the toys, but seems to like to have a soft spot to lay.
  • Loading the player...
  • Or little guy loves his! He's had it since week 5 and just kicks the toys and giggles at it.
  • DS has only begun to show interest in his now at going on 7 weeks. He still prefers the ceiling fan over any other entertainment and is very easily overstimulated.
    I personally don't think I would have purchased one if we didn't have all wood floors and need a comfortable place to put him down without having to get out a blanket every time! That said, I believe we will get our money's worth out of it for at least a few months. :) 
  • Probably the best thing we owned with DD and now the best thing for DS. And 4yo DD has rediscovered her love for it and plays on it with her brother. 
  • So far Mason hates his at 6 weeks old, both the tummy time versions and the ones that have the hanging toys. But I have never seen a baby continue to hate them forever, so I'm sure the playmat's time will come :) 
  • Thomas loves his! He grabs for the toys and kicks and smiles like crazy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD loves the kick & play piano, she kicks and coos and bats at the toys. DS also loved it as an infant. 
  • Mazie loves hers! The raised caterpillar is great for tummy time and she could stare at the mobile for twenty minutes straight. She was 8 weeks yesterday and is more and more engaged with the hanging toys and mobile every day. 
  • B is 8 weeks and is really starting to love her playmat. It's really nice to be able to put her down for a little bit and she stays occupied. She's been wanting to be held 24/7 lately.