Pregnant after 35

Introduction

Hello!  Just wanted to pop over here and introduce myself.  After 8 months of trying, I'm pregnant!  I was in the midst of infertility work up, all labs were normal for me, DHs SA was normal, HSG was normal....and must have cleared out years of Fallopian tube junk because I ovulated 3 days later and here I am!

I'm 37, DH is 36, this will be our first.  I am slightly terrified.  Hoping things will all be fine, but I still worry.  My first US is scheduled for a month from now.

Also, just to warn, I may be more of a lurker but will participate as much as I can. I was on TTC after 35, but I can be terrible at following along sometimes. 
Married: 7/9/15
Me: 37, DH: 36
Started TTC #1: 9/2015
Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Introduction

• Welcome @PattersRN!  Congratulations!  My first baby was a "HSG baby."  :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • @PattersRN congratulations!!! I was wondering how you have been. That is fantastic news and wishing you a H&H 9 months. Welcome to the geriatric mama's club!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations! Good to see you here. I remember you from TTC after 35. I hope your wait for your 1st ultrasound goes by quickly. 
  • Welcome and congratulations, @PattersRN ! I remember you from TTC>35. So glad to have you join us!
  • Congrats and welcome!
  • I remember you, too! Congratulations and welcome!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Congratulations!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • So glad to see you made it over!   Congratulations! 
  • Welcome and congrats! I too remember you from TTC >35. Glad you've crossed over!
  • MollySmMollySm member
    Welcome and congratulations!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• I have been on The Bump since December and just really started searching the site more....and found this board.  

I am 37 and am expecting #1 August 25.  There was been some ups and downs.....currently crossing my fingers that my placenta moves away from my cervix so I can have a natural birthing experience.  I have read that one factor is the woman's age.  
  • Hi @Whitewatermomma lovely to "meet you" you might want to do a seperate intro thread of your own or just jump on in to the weekly check-ins if you prefer. Welcome!!