November 2016 Moms
Options

Monday and Tuesday Ticker Change (5-30/31)

Since Monday was a holiday, celebrate with us Tuesday ladies today!

Week: 

What's new with baby (size, development)?

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby?

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: 

When is your next appointment? 

GTKY: What's your ideal place to live (beach, country, city, suburbs, woods...)?

Re: Monday and Tuesday Ticker Change (5-30/31)

• Options
    shevaCCshevaCC member
    Week: 16

What's new with baby (size, development)? Still fruit-sized?

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? We did so much cleaning and purging this weekend. DH and I are both exhausted. Saturday we got organized and worked together while keeping the kids from killing each other. Sunday I took the kids out of the house for the afternoon while he cleaned, then yesterday he took the kids and it was my turn. But! We can see the light at the end of the tunnel. We have SO MUCH LESS junk that it is starting to feel like a much bigger (and saner) house!

Also we've been working on moving DS to his sister's room. It's going well so far! Last night for the first time ever he slept in his own bed until 6am this morning. I don't anticipate that it will be easy every night but it's so nice having my own bed to sleep in.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I have some energy back, though cleaning is still exhausting. I feel better that DH is super tired too since I feel like I worked really hard, not just worked hard "given my condition".

When is your next appointment? 3 more weeks?

GTKY: What's your ideal place to live (beach, country, city, suburbs, woods...)? I LOVE where we live now. I'm a 10 minute walk from the beach (Seattle, though, so it's usually cold here) in a semi-rural area surrounded by beautiful tall trees. But I can drive 15 minutes to the ferry right to downtown Seattle.
  • Options
    loko08loko08 member
    Week: 16

What's new with baby (size, development)? Size of a grenade (thanks Pregnant Chicken!) and can hear things! 

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? Starting to research baby items online (strollers, car seats, etc). Other than that, just trucking along! 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Baby hates chocolate. Ugh. Other than that, I feel like I've turned a huge corner and have an idea of what foods trigger my nausea/vomiting now. Now that I've said that, it will probably all change.

When is your next appointment? June 20 for the anatomy scan! Still going Team Green though.

GTKY: What's your ideal place to live (beach, country, city, suburbs, woods...)? Beach and woods... one day.
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sweetlyuntiedsweetlyuntied member
    edited May 2016

Week: 18

What's new with baby (size, development)? Artichoke 

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? I've been making inquiries about daycare in our new area. Mostly for DD who will need to start as soon as I start work, but I also know that infant rooms fill up quickly, so hoping to get LO on a wait list ASAP.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: feeling good except the nasty eczema on my face. Eczema was one of those lovely "your body is going to be different after pregnancy!" surprises that showed up after DD was born, and is apparently only getting worse with subsequent babies.

When is your next appointment? Thursday for our anatomy scan!!

GTKY: What's your ideal place to live (beach, country, city, suburbs, woods...)? This is a touch questing, and sadly my least favorite of the above is where we will soon be living (suburbs). There's a lot I love about living in the city that I'll miss. I'm also outdoorsy and I love having easy access to hiking trails or the beach, really any natural landscape. So I could also easily see myself living in a very rural area or a tiny beachside condo. I can survive in the burbs as long as i'm not far from at least one of the above though (city, woods, or beach)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Week: 17, yesterday

What's new with baby (size, development)?  Kid is growing and developing somehow, I'm sure.

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? Well, we plotted holidays yesterday and are going in June rather than later in the year.   It's my 3rd.  There's not much to do right now.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I finally think I felt baby move yesterday....   FTM's ignore as being a third time Mom you know what to feel for.   With both my daughters, it took me 2 or 3 more weeks to confirm that what I was feeling was baby.

When is your next appointment? THIS afternoon.

GTKY: What's your ideal place to live (beach, country, city, suburbs, woods...)?  Woods or country but small town, more specifically.   And, if there's lots of snow that's even better.
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018
  • Options
    Week:  14

What's new with baby (size, development)? A peach.  Chin is now not tucked into the body

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? Nada

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Finally feeling much better but now am struggling with headaches daily.  And by the end of the day my stomach is huge.  Still not a bump in my book but damn that happened quickly.  It looks similar to what it look like at 18-20 weeks last time.

When is your next appointment?   Thursday the 9th with Maternal Fetal. 

GTKY: What's your ideal place to live (beach, country, city, suburbs, woods...)?  I guess I'm a suburbs type of girl.  I like being close to things and cool stuff but I like having personal space and privacy.  DH and I bought a house on a little over an acre last year and I LOVE it!.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Week: 16

What's new with baby (size, development)? Size of an Avocado or a Dill Pickle. I'm honestly too tired to look up what's going on with him/her right now.

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? Still nada.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Heartburn. All the heartburn. 

When is your next appointment? June 10th

GTKY: What's your ideal place to live (beach, country, city, suburbs, woods...)? Beach which is a good thing since I live 2 miles from it!
  • Options
    Week: 16

What's new with baby (size, development)? Avocado 

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? Not much this week - had our gender reveal last Saturday (it's a girl!). Moving to a new apartment in a couple months so I need to start cleaning/organizing in prep for that. 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Still tired. Ready for all that energy everyone keeps talking about

When is your next appointment? June 21st

GTKY: What's your ideal place to live (beach, country, city, suburbs, woods...)? I've always been a city girl but now I think it would be great to live near the beach
  • Options
    Week: 16! I keep wanting to call it "4 months" but it's really more like 3.5. 

What's new with baby (size, development)? Avocado? Honestly I haven't looked.

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? We bought a big, comfy glider chair for the nursery. It's a 10 week delivery time frame, so we bought it early. 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Still tired... Ready for that to stop.

When is your next appointment? Friday - just my monthly checkup with my OB.

GTKY: What's your ideal place to live (beach, country, city, suburbs, woods...)? Ideally, the city. But I've always worked in suburbs so that's never been a good option. I actually really love the suburb/small city we live in now though. Super walkable, decent public transportation, plenty of restaurants and stuff in the downtown area. It's not quite the same, but it's close enough that I'm really happy here.
  • Options
    m6aguam6agua member
    Week: 15

What's new with baby (size, development)? Orange

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? Picked up the crib bedding. Well actually my friend did because she saw it on clearance while she was out.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Not much here.

When is your next appointment? June 21

GTKY: What's your ideal place to live (beach, country, city, suburbs, woods...)? Where I live now. It is suburbs, but our city is pretty small (100,00 people) so its still the city.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    Week: 18

What's new with baby (size, development)? Croissant

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? I continue to add stuff to the registry and I am also beginning to clear up the areas of where the crib and dresser are going to go. I have the most energy I have had since finding out so I might as well take advantage. 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Congestion. I can't tell if I am developing allergies or if it is pregnancy

When is your next appointment? June 15! I get to see baby again and I can't wait!

GTKY: What's your ideal place to live (beach, country, city, suburbs, woods...)? I currently live in the city and I love it. But a part of me would love a beach house and to live where it is warm all year. 

• Options
    Week: 17

What's new with baby (size, development)? Pomegranate
    Baby is putting on more weight/ bones hardening
    umbilical cord is thickening
    sweat glands are developing
    ability to hear is maturing

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? We figured out we are for sure moving, now the when is being sorted out.  Hopefully by September.  Other than that I started a wish list on Amazon to get ready to start my registry.  Our target has a such a small baby section I want to wait to register until I actually see things and will most likely go to a bigger store near my parents or where my best friend lives in a few weeks. 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I think I am officially over morning sickness.  I am still really tired though.  Other than that, feeling good and loving the little bump that is growing

When is your next appointment? Anatomy scan on June 14th, so excited

GTKY: What's your ideal place to live (beach, country, city, suburbs, woods...)? I love my little town now. I grew up in more of a city atmosphere and now live in more of a suburby-woodsy area.  We are close to everything though--beach is a few hours that way, snow is a few hours this way.  Plus we have the best change of seasons, I love it.  Hot summers and snowy (minor) winters.  It's great.  I will never move back to the city.