June 2016 Moms
Options

Tuesday check in

How far along:

rants/ raves/ symptoms:

what are you doing to prepare for baby?

questions?

GTKY: I realize I already have a post going about this but I have a headache and feel completely uninspired today. What are you reading now? If you are not reading anything at the moment what are you looking forward to reading next?

Re: Tuesday check in

• Options
    Tawny87Tawny87 member
    edited May 2016
    How far along:  39+2

rant/rave/symptoms:  contractions for a few hours looking like they could lead to the real deal. They didn't. Obviously : /
    My husband will be working from home today so that is nice, I can make him finish running the laundry between phone calls. Symptoms, just some contractions.

what are you doing to prepare for baby: nothing right now, car seat still needs to go in. Since I have kids already my approach is pretty nonchalant this time around.

GTKY: just started gone girl, seems pretty good so far.
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    How far along: 37+5

rants/ raves/ symptoms: First day of maternity leave... I'm already bored. Haha. Mostly because my hubby stole my car, so I'm house bound. Otherwise, I'm feeling ok.

what are you doing to prepare for baby? Not much.

questions?

GTKY: I realize I already have a post going about this but I have a headache and feel completely uninspired today. What are you reading now? If you are not reading anything at the moment what are you looking forward to reading next? Already answered on the other post, but I'll probably start Girl on the Train or Babywise today.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along: 38+6

rants/ raves/ symptoms: Super uncomfortable, I think I lost my mucus plug, and I think she dropped even more because there's just so much pressure on my pelvis.  But today is literally the ONLY day that I absolutely CANNOT have this baby.  DH is on a business trip in a place that's difficult to get in/out of and he gets home super late tonight (like 11pm).  So of course I'm stressed out and over analyzing every little cramp and twinge.  Also, the heat this weekend really kicked my ass (it was 92 and super humid all weekend and I was out in it every day for at least a couple of hours).  Trying to take it easy now and stay hydrated since I have FIL here to help me with DS.

what are you doing to prepare for baby? We hung all the art in the nursery and put out all the accessories, I set up the moses basket that will be in our room in the beginning, and FIL is going to raise the crib for me today so I can make the bed even though she won't be there for at least 2 months.

GTKY: I realize I already have a post going about this but I have a headache and feel completely uninspired today. What are you reading now? If you are not reading anything at the moment what are you looking forward to reading next? Reading Mindy Kaling's book currently.  My #1 book to recommend to people, though, is Moloka'i by Alan Brennert, it's just a really beautifully written book.
  • Options
    How far along: 37 + 6

rants/ raves/ symptoms:  HUNGRY all the time! Sore hips, sciatica pain. Nothing major. 

what are you doing to prepare for baby? Relaxing, hoping baby will turn back head down. 36 weeks she was head down....2cm dilated...50% effaced and doctor could feel her head. 37 weeks....breech....doctor had to do a deep examination to touch her body. I am home now from work waiting for doctor's appointment. Discussion about possibly turning her if she is not in position.  :(

questions? Has anyone STM...and more mom's had to have breech baby turned? How bad does it hurt?

• Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    @penelope5804 there's a thread on ECV not too far down the page that might have some good info for you.
  • Options
    How far along: 39+6

rants/ raves/ symptoms: Nothing major. I'm actually feeling better now than I was in the 33-37 week range. Just feeling some anxiety over what to expect during labor.

what are you doing to prepare for baby? Waiting for his arrival.

What are you reading now? If you are not reading anything at the moment what are you looking forward to reading next? I really want to read The Girl on the Train, but I'm waiting for it to come out in paperback. I've been reading The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding. As someone mentioned on the other thread, it's a little too dogmatic about breastfeeding in general, but there is also some really good practical information about what to expect at each of the different stages after baby is born.
  • Options
    How far along: 37 weeks

rants/ raves/ symptoms:
    Rant - I'm so lazy/unmotivated at work right now, it's awful. And I have things I need to get done on my lunch breaks, like getting a bday gift for a kid today, that I just don't feel like doing. It's mostly because I am just sick of talking about my pregnancy and people asking questions about it and I just want to go back to my anti-social self and go through life unnoticed lol

Rave - I think I am nesting now, at least, so I'm suddenly motivated to accomplish baby prep at home. That's about the only thing I've been motivated to work on lately...

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Finally started on the nursery (Ha!) I have all the decor purchased, just haven't done anything with it. Basically I need to get someone out to paint it and then I can get it all laid out. We only just moved DS2 in with his brother this weekend, which is why I just started. I wasn't even sure we would do it before baby anyway. But, as soon as we moved him out, I felt the motivation to get to work.

Questions? Does anyone else want to just hide away and not interact with people for 3 weeks?

GTKY: I realize I already have a post going about this but I have a headache and feel completely uninspired today. What are you reading now? If you are not reading anything at the moment what are you looking forward to reading next? Not reading anything... haven't done much reading since I had kids... might read some parenting/family books my SO got me for Mother's Day, I forget the names.
    DS1 5-18-2012
    DS2 5-18-2014
    DD1 EDD 6-21-2016

babysizercom pregnancy ticker
  • Options
    How far along: 39+6

rants/ raves/ symptoms:
    Last night i had contractions 5 min apart for 45 min then they spread back out. Very frustrating! Doc said to try to sleep and if i could sleep through them they werent strong enough to come in yet. Today is hubbys birthday and he really wants her to come. Ive been excersising and trying to stay active to encourage her. I feel like i have to constantly pee with all the pressure shes putting on my bladdar. Ive also had some killer back pain the last three days. Just on one side though. 

Finishing up some laundry and trying to keep the house clean so when she does decide to come we have a clean house to come home to.

questions?
    When timing contractions do you stop the timer when the contraction stops hurting or when your belly isnt hard anymore? Sometimes my belly will stay hard for minutes after the contraction stops hurting...
  • Options
    cmac827cmac827 member
    How far along: 37+4

rants/ raves/ symptoms: I've been having random lower back spasms since Saturday. I'm not sure if it is the beginning of back labor or what. 

what are you doing to prepare for baby? trying to rest

questions? n/a

GTKY:  What are you reading now? Zero to Five, 70 Essential Parenting Tips
    37 y/o
    Married 9/1/13
    Off OCP 3/1/14
    TTC 6/1/14
    DX Endometriosis in 2002
    Laparoscopy 2002 and 2007
    HSG 8/2014, right tube partially blocked
    1st BFP 1/5/15 EDD 9/12/15- miscarried 1/8/15
    BFP 10/5/15 EDD 6/17/16- delivered healthy girl 6/18/16
    BFP 8/4/16 EDD 3/2/18- trisomy 18 girl- no heartbeat 8/25/17 at 13 weeks d&c 8/28/17
    BFP 12/4/17 EDD 8/19/18

• Options
    cdmkruger said:

questions?
    When timing contractions do you stop the timer when the contraction stops hurting or when your belly isnt hard anymore? Sometimes my belly will stay hard for minutes after the contraction stops hurting...
    Following. My water broke with DS before I had any contractions so I'm curious about this too.
  • Options
    How far along: 39 + 6

rants/ raves/ symptoms: Mild prodromal labor. They mentioned the 'I' word today at my NST, so it looks like we'll try membrane stripping at my Friday appointment and then schedule an induction.  :s  Oh! And to make life more interesting, I found what is likely a pre-cancerous skin spot on my arm. Because I have time for this shit. 

what are you doing to prepare for baby? trying to relax and be patient. 

questions? has anyone tried acupuncture to induce labor naturally?

GTKY: I've been reading 'Lafayette in the Somewhat United States' by Sarah Vowell. A snarky history lesson about the Marquis de Lafayette's role in the Revolutionary War. If you like history and dry humor, Sarah Vowell's books are awesome. I'm almost done with it, so I'm looking for something new in the David Sedaris-snark-non-fiction realm. 
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    @penelope5804 there's a thread on ECV not too far down the page that might have some good info for you.

@26pointrunningfor2 I hope it turns out to be nothing.
  • Options
    alitriaalitria member
    How far along: 36 weeks today

rants - GBS came back positive and my dr emailed me this morning.  LAME. My water broke pretty early with my son so I could end up at the hospital for most of my labor.  That was something I was hoping to avoid.
    raves - 1 more week until I'm full term.  I'm still at work (uncomfortably and not terribly productively, but here and not using leave)
    symptoms:  The last two days I have been starving non-stop.  Yesterday my husband was making fun of me and I didn't even care, there wasn't enough food on earth.  Slightly better today, but still noticeable. 

what are you doing to prepare for baby? First NST today after work.  Last US  and 17P shot on Thursday morning.  I did a bunch of last minute stuff this weekend so other than nagging my husband (who will be driving) to maybe put in the infant car seat base in his truck already, I'm mostly good. 

questions?

GTKY: I realize I already have a post going about this but I have a headache and feel completely uninspired today. What are you reading now? If you are not reading anything at the moment what are you looking forward to reading next?
  • Options
    How far along:
    37+1 Finally full term!!  Woo!

rants/ raves/ symptoms:
    Ugh, the swelling...I can't wear any of my shoes without them digging in my feet somewhere! 
    As of my appt last week baby is head down and I'm set for a vbac!
    Just typical stuff...swelling, contractions, still a bit of heartburn

Just waiting now.  We have everything we need to bring her home, so she can come anytime now!

questions?

Well...right now I'm reading this post... lol I haven't read a book for my own pleasure in way too long.  I have "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" on my night stand waiting for me to pick it up again so I can finish it.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Stuck in a box 

How far along: 37w 2days with fraternal twins 

rants/ raves/ symptoms: rant: my husband got sick yesterday - throwing up, fever, aches and pains, exhaustion. I am so scared and stressed that i am going to get sick. Im scared that he will be too sick to be at the hospital with me during delivery. And im angry that he cant help me these next few days as we have so much left to do to prepare for the twins - the renovation on our house ended only 1.5 weeks ago! We have to put our house back together! And he decided he "needed" to go to skeet shooting on sunday when we had a babysitter so he didnt get anything done that day! I knew i should have told him no!! Ive been ugly crying all day out of frustration, being scared and angry. And i have no energy to do anything! I wanted to just get these babies out but now i am desperate to keep them in until my husband is better and hopefully i dont get sick. 

what are you doing to prepare for baby? nothing, my husband is sick in bed. Im too exahusted, dishes are stacked up in the sink and laundry is piled up. 

questions? Has anyone gone through labor while sick or know someone who has? Im super nervous that im going to be sick and in labor. Im worried about my safety and the twins safety. (Already have a call into my doc but they liekly wont get back to me until tomorrow)

• Options
    Tawny87Tawny87 member
    Stuck in a box 

How far along: 37w 2days with fraternal twins 

rants/ raves/ symptoms: rant: my husband got sick yesterday - throwing up, fever, aches and pains, exhaustion. I am so scared and stressed that i am going to get sick. Im scared that he will be too sick to be at the hospital with me during delivery. And im angry that he cant help me these next few days as we have so much left to do to prepare for the twins - the renovation on our house ended only 1.5 weeks ago! We have to put our house back together! And he decided he "needed" to go to skeet shooting on sunday when we had a babysitter so he didnt get anything done that day! I knew i should have told him no!! Ive been ugly crying all day out of frustration, being scared and angry. And i have no energy to do anything! I wanted to just get these babies out but now i am desperate to keep them in until my husband is better and hopefully i dont get sick. 

what are you doing to prepare for baby? nothing, my husband is sick in bed. Im too exahusted, dishes are stacked up in the sink and laundry is piled up. 

questions? Has anyone gone through labor while sick or know someone who has? Im super nervous that im going to be sick and in labor. Im worried about my safety and the twins safety. (Already have a call into my doc but they liekly wont get back to me until tomorrow)

That sucks about your husband. I would just keep your distance and hopefully you can keep healthy. My friend delivered one of her kids with the stomach flu, besides total misery it was completely fine and both mom and baby did well. For the record she is allergic to something in the flu shot and was advised not to get it.
  • Options
    alitriaalitria member
    @chesterdoodle I was getting sick as I went in to labor with a full blown respiratory infection.  It sucked because I couldn't see my son in the NICU because of fever/cough but I don't know that it made much of a difference in my labor or safety of the baby.  Can you call a housekeeping service to come do a cleaning for you?  If you have friends and family available, I recommend calling them and begging.  You can get away with a lot when you're pregnant, do it.  I cried so hard on the phone my friend came over and cleaned my bathrooms.  Any other time in my life, I would have been too mortified to let her in the house but I was too grateful to care at that point and it helped.  Sometimes, it's worth giving up your pride or the cash.   When you do hear from your doctor, see if they will give you some Zofran to have on hand and maybe feed to your husband.  The thing that is both good and bad is that so many women puke during labor that it won't be a big deal to the people in delivery and they will give you anti-nausea drugs and saline if you need them which will really help how you feel.  Other than that, I am SO sorry because when you're this pregnant the ability to cope has already disappeared and you have way too much to do to be this pregnant, especially with twins.