November 2016 Moms

Baby registry

Registry First time mom here! We are beyond excited and can't wait to start the baby room I am 17 weeks and when would you say is a good time to start? My mother has been on a my case to start the registry but I told her 20 weeks... What does everyone think? 

Re: Baby registry

• JBing131JBing131 member
    edited May 2016
    I've done mine because people were asking and I was excited, but I haven't shared it with anyone really except one of my friends who already has kids.  She's been helping me with advice on stuff that worked or was helpful with her kids and what was used a lot versus not a lot.  I'd say do it whenever the mood strikes - but I will say I change my mind a lot which is another reason I haven't yet shared it with others - and they're super easy to start online! :) 

Oh, and I'm 17w3d.
  • I would start whenever you want. You can go back and add to it whenever you want. I think I did mine around 20 weeks, but I used it as a way to keep track of things I was buying used or was given. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Same here, I started ours early to keep track of items. But we are not sharing the registry with any family or friends, because we are better off financially and don't want to burden them with costs - instead I told my mom that she can buy our baby cute clothes and told MIL that her passing us family heirlooms for baby is already enough. 
  • I would start whenever you want. You can go back and add to it whenever you want. I think I did mine around 20 weeks, but I used it as a way to keep track of things I was buying used or was given. 
    This. I started adding items to my Amazon list as soon as they struck me. I'm also worried I might forget. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm at 15 weeks and I've already started mine. Just been adding things as I read about them/think of them. I've only shared with my new mom friends who have had children recently and will probably finalize it once I get a bunch of hand-me-downs from said new mom friends and find out the gender. 
    BFP#1 Mar 29/16, EDD Nov 22/16
    TTC #1 since Jan/15
    Married Since June/13
  • We started one over the weekend under a fake name so nobody can find it but us. We are using it as a place to save things we might like but at this point we aren't committed to anything. We created the registry in store and scanned multiples of the same item that we liked so we remember what we want to research and read reviews about.
  • edited June 2016

This thread is amazing, please keep the ideas coming non-FTMs!! I am loading up my registry as we speak! Nothing better than personal experience to back a product.

Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269