December 2015 Moms

Is anyone's EBF LO sleeping through the night?

so DD goes to bed b/w 7-8
then wakes up around 10-11 then around 2-3 and 5 and then awake for the day by 7
i feed her both sides during the night. Just seeing if anyone had tips to share. DD is 4 months btw
i should add that during the day she eats about every 2 hours and will only eat one side each feeding. I try to offer the other side, but she won't take it.
I'd appreciate any advice!

Re: Is anyone's EBF LO sleeping through the night?

• DS wakes up once, he goes down between 8/half 8 and if it's a good night will sleep till 5 then wake up properly 6, other times he wakes up at 3 then 5. He's almost 5 months and has only recently started pureed food.
    I guess just push through, I have no advice but it's normal and your kid will eventually sleep through, although it may seem like they never will 
  • There's no normal with babies this young. Some kids sttn and others don't. And each baby will go through different cycles. Sybil wakes up around 10:30 and that's when I bring her into bed. She falls back asleep. For a while she slept til 5. Right now she's been getting up around 3 to nurse and then again at 5. But I know this will probably change in a couple weeks.

I just try to relish in the closeness and bond I get with her while she's little. She won't always need me. Sometimes it's hard, but I'm a lot less stressed when I don't compare her to others or get frustrated when she's not sttn.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mikey eats every 3 hours on the dot (5 months). At one point he was going a 6 hour stretch, but he decided Mommy was getting too much sleep. Last night I couldn't put him down without him screaming his head off and he was awake every 1.5 hours. I tried the cry it out method and couldn't do it. I just take it a minute at a time and hope my work doesn't suffer too much.
  • Uh, DD is 6mo, 1/2 breast 1/2 formula fed, eats all day long, including solids, and still wakes every 2 hours to eat. 
  • yl1m32015 said:
    Uh, DD is 6mo, 1/2 breast 1/2 formula fed, eats all day long, including solids, and still wakes every 2 hours to eat. 
    This. Henry eats 24/7 and its a lot when he eats. He has slept through the night a handful of times but he usually wakes up minimum of 3 times to eat. He's 6 months as well, but we haven't started solids yet. Really need to get my butt in gear on that. 
  • @xmasbaby15 this is exactly my LO waking schedule this week anyway.. He is 5 months and constantly changing his wake up times during the night.. Some days he will sleep from 7-8 to 3 some nights up by 11 and every few hours after that.. I try his paci first if that doesn't work I pull him out of his bed and feed him. 
  • So my girl is a little over 4 months, fed only breastmilk, and has been sleeping through the night consistently since she was about 8 weeks. She eats every 2 hours during the day. She goes down around 730pm and sleeps until 5am. I swear to you this is nothing that we did, there are no secrets or tricks, she just likes her sleep and did it herself when she was ready. I didn't Ferber her or anything, and I still nurse her to sleep at night (which apparently I'm not supposed to do). We will be starting to transition her out of the swaddle this weekend so I expect all her good sleeping to go to shit as soon as she has access to her arms at night. 

Not sure if it makes a difference, but she was born 10.5 pounds. I have heard that some people think sleeping through the night is related to weight. She's about 17 pounds now. 
  • mltarrio said:
    So my girl is a little over 4 months, fed only breastmilk, and has been sleeping through the night consistently since she was about 8 weeks. She eats every 2 hours during the day. She goes down around 730pm and sleeps until 5am. I swear to you this is nothing that we did, there are no secrets or tricks, she just likes her sleep and did it herself when she was ready. I didn't Ferber her or anything, and I still nurse her to sleep at night (which apparently I'm not supposed to do). We will be starting to transition her out of the swaddle this weekend so I expect all her good sleeping to go to shit as soon as she has access to her arms at night. 

Not sure if it makes a difference, but she was born 10.5 pounds. I have heard that some people think sleeping through the night is related to weight. She's about 17 pounds now. 
    DD was born 9 lbs 7 oz 
    so she was a big girl
    she is now 17.5 now

• Mine is EBF, 5.5 months and sleeps from 7pm - 6:15am. We haven't started solids or anything. He was 8 lb at birth and born at 41 weeks. 
  • BubbzBubbz member
    Rowan was 10 lb 9 oz at birth, over 17 lbs now, and is still not sleeping through the night except but here and there.  /shrugs

Sometimes (most times) he wakes once a night. Sometimes twice. Soooometimes more than that. They're learning and changing so much at this age I'm not worrying about it. We just got over the "rolling around and yelling about getting stuck" phase, for example!
    Is heartily apologizing to her child in advance for genes that predispose them to shitty vision and being Too Damn Tall.
  • DS is EFF and doesn't sleep through the night consistently. He has a few nights, but usually he wakes at least once, sometimes twice. He's in bed by 8/9pm and up for the day at 7/8am. Wakes between 2 and 3am.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• edited May 2016
    DD is BF, supplemented with a very small bit of solids (2 oz of fruit over the course of the day when she feels like eating a lot). She's 5.5 months, was 10lbs at birth, falls asleep around 8pm and consistently slept through the night until 18 weeks.  Last night was the first STTN since then.  The "good" nights she only wakes around 2-3am. The "bad" nights she wakes at least every 2-2.5 hours.  I feel like her being too warm/cold is what wakes her, rather than being hungry, but I still BF to get her to sleep... Like some PPs have said, she won't need me forever so I'm trying to stay zen when she does. Even at 3am :)

Edited for typos :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I EP.  Has your lo started sleeping on their tummy yet?  It made a huge difference in sleep lengths for DS.  We also did a dream feed around 11pm from 4-5months or so.  DS is 6m next week, and just started sttn about two weeks ago, from 7pm to 5am or so.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I EP.  Has your lo started sleeping on their tummy yet?  It made a huge difference in sleep lengths for DS.  We also did a dream feed around 11pm from 4-5months or so.  DS is 6m next week, and just started sttn about two weeks ago, from 7pm to 5am or so.
    That's when we saw the biggest difference in sleep. My LO is definitely a belly sleeper, and he sleeps so much more soundly and comfortably now that he can roll himself over.
  • laurabwalkerlaurabwalker member
    edited May 2016
    The best thing is tummy sleeping! Once my LO started rolling, it changed everything! I feed her twice a night, one Dream feed and one she wakes. She sleeps 6-10 (I Dreamfeed), then she wakes sometime after this, and sleeps to 5 or 6. 
    Edit she's 19 weeks and 18lbs. Does your LO feed every waking? Or is it like five minute comfort?
  • I'm still EBF and she wakes up twice a night usually. We've had stretches where it's been 1 waking, and opposite nights where it's been 3-4 times. I'm happy with 2 wakings! She goes to bed by 730ish, and wakes up around 1am and 4am, and then is up for the day around 630am.
  • My little gal started sleeping through at about 12 weeks for 8 to 9 hours. She got bottles of of expressed milk during the work week. Then the four month sleep regression hit and it took a bit to figure out that the magic sleep suit would help. Worked for a couple weeks. But now she's teething and all bets are off!
  • DS is EBF at 5.5 months.  During the day he eats about every 2 hrs still.  I put him down for the night around 8:00 and then go do a dream feed around 10:30 before I go to bed.  He then usually wakes up somewhere around 4:00 and then sleeps again till 7:30 or 8:00.  If we are out and about during the day he is more distracted and doesn't eat as well and might get up an extra time.   Sometimes (maybe once a week) he will sleep through the night.   But then when he wakes for the morning he is HANGRY lol!!!
  • evek14evek14 member
    LO is five months EBF and STTN since 9 weeks goes down at 8pm and wakes up to eat 8am, I honestly think they just do it when they're ready, we really didn't do anything special, I do think that her rock n play helped get her STTN but she's in her crib now 
  • Bash will be 6mos on 6/7, ebf and still gets up twice a night to eat