October 2016 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change 5.28

How many weeks? What size is baby? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? 

Upcoming appointments?

What would you most like to learn and why?

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 5.28

• How many weeks? What size is baby? 
    21 weeks, a weasel

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    The RLP has stepped up its game, rolling over at night is quite the challenge. 

Aversion is all food, nothing sounds good and I'm eating like a bird. I'm plus size so we all know I love food, but it's just mediocre lately. 

Upcoming appointments?
    Not for another three weeks for bean, but I have an ENT appointment next week to clean out my nose from the surgery. 

I'd love to learn how to be successful with investing money and growing our nest egg. I don't want to be rich, but comfortable with a modest lifestyle would be great. Not saying that we struggling now because we're not, but working in a financial institution has opened my eyes to things that I could be doing to grow our money. 

Also I'd love to continue learning German. I took 4.5 years in school, but that was 12 years ago and I've lost a lot of it. One of my goals is to travel to Germany and see where my family came from. 
  • AndiLaAndiLa member
    19 weeks. Mango.
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Upcoming appointments?

• Loading the player...
  • AndiLaAndiLa member
    I have no idea why this didn't work :( everything was typed in there!
  • jek2016jek2016 member
    18 weeks, an artichoke

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I'm a pants girl; I don't wear shorts and skirts scream "dressy" to me, but I live in NC and it's getting hot. I don't know what I'm going to do through these summer months when the thought of pants makes me want to cry, haha. 

think that I'm starting to feel my baby move. I'm a FTM so I pretty much second guess everything because I'm not sure, but there are definite movement feelings I haven't felt before. 

Upcoming appointments?
    On June 14 (my last day of work for the summer!) I go for the anatomy scan. I'm excited to see how things are going but the worrier in my is already scared that there could be something wrong. 

I'd like to learn more about my maternity leave. Thankfully I have a meeting with HR Tuesday to discuss it. 

21 weeks- endive
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    My cough from my cold is still hanging on and I just want it to go away. 
    Daily nosebleeds and congestion still. Shortness of breath. Food doesn't sound good, except ice cream. 
    Upcoming appointments?
    tuesday! Just a regular monthly appointment. 
    I want to learn about baby wearing but I get so overwhelmed when I sit down to start looking at stuff. 
  • How many weeks? What size is baby? 19 weeks, zucchini/hedgehog

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Emotions are all over the board, tons of anxiety lately but none of it baby-related. Just old habits coming back to haunt me.

I want all the food, all the time. 

Upcoming appointments?
    Anatomy scan June 6th!!!! Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl so we can get serious about picking a name!

Not baby related - I really wish I spoke Spanish. It would be beyond helpful at work and in future career endeavors. Someday..
    BabyGaga
  • 21 weeks... tge size of a ball cap

Rants and raves: trying to plan this gender reveal, seems to be all i think about.
    And, oh yeah, pretty sure i have a uti

Cravings:  bring me more watermelon 

Appointments: tuesday is our first appointment with the new doc

If i could sign language, i would be so happy. I've always been drawn to the handicap community. Everyone deserves communication 
  • How many weeks? What size is baby? 22 weeks, coconut.   

Rants/Raves/Questions? We had our anatomy scan a few weeks ago but needed to go in for a rescan of the spine. Baby was still not cooperating so we might need to go in again. We are team green but I think we may have gotten a picture of some boy parts. The tech gave us a picture of the legs and feet but something is clearly between the legs. Now it is 10x harder not knowing then before! 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  Feeling pretty good lately. Out of breath super easy and get full really quick so I can't eat big meals. 

Upcoming appointments? Next midwife appointment is June 20, so we have a while. 

I would love to take some professional cake decorating classes. I make my kids birthday cakes and they look great and taste amazing. But I go through a lot of trial and error with different frosting designs. 
  • How many weeks? What size is baby?  21 weeks – carrot or a large brioche

Rants/Raves/Questions? I feel bad that I’m not as engaged with this pregnancy as I was with my first.  I feel like the second child is getting the shaft already and he’s not even born.  Also, any tips on how to stop obsessing about weight gain?  I know it's healthy and I'm within the guidelines, but it sure is difficult watching the numbers on the scale go up, especially since it's happening so much earlier this time.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I’m either starving or nauseated.  No in-between.  I know the nausea lasted a long time with my first, but this seems excessive.  Also, I've been having a hard time running lately.  I still make myself do it 6 times a week, but I don't run as fast or as far.

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan on Tuesday and monthly appointment on Wednesday.  We’re bringing my 2 year-old along to the anatomy scan.  I have the feeling my husband is going to miss most of it.

Japanese.  My husband is mildly obsessed with Japan and I’d love to be able to take a family trip there without feeling totally out of my element.

•  How many weeks? What size is baby? 21 weeks/Chipotle burrito...ummm, YUM

Rants/Raves/Questions? any STMs with boys have any go-to places to shop for clothes?  I've looked a bit at places like Carters, but I'm just not loving stuff plastered with dump trucks, "tough guy", etc. 
    Rave: my little girl is so excited about having a brother.  She keeps snuggling and kissing my belly.  Sometimes I want to be done being pregnant, but times like that I wish it could be her and I and brother in my belly for much longer.  Trying to savor these moments.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Still getting heartburn from anything remotely spicy, tomato-y, and peanut butter (and the list goes on).  So as delicious as that Chipotle burrito sounds, not having any of that for a looooong time.  Sad face.

Upcoming appointments? Not until 24 weeks.  Hoping I get some more info from my ob about specifics from my A/S (had with a nurse practitioner), because while "everything's normal" is great...be.more.specific. Ugh.

Honestly, after going to college for 10 years and then grad school, I'm not into doing anything academic-wise for a long time.  Maybe something fun like knitting/crocheting so I could sell some stuff on etsy?

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • AndiLaAndiLa member
    So worth it!! I did this last Summer and it was sooo fun. I attached a cake I did recently. You can take a class at your local Michael's or Joann Fabrics!:)
  • @sidecarsareforbishes Hanna Andersson is expensive, but they've got some cute boy and neutral clothing that isn't all trucks and sports.  Most of my son's clothes are from Gap and Old Navy because I have a Banana Republic credit card and had a bunch of free money there.  Old Navy tends toward the "tough guy" onesies, but they have decent prices on knit pants.  Gap is pretty good at avoiding the "boy clothes" cliches.
  • @AndiLa that cake looks great! Thanks for the advice. 
    21 weeks, endives (boy/girl twins)

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Rants:  Pregnancy rage, yes rage, showed up for me this past week.  My first pregnancy I was weepy, but I'll take that any day over this uncontrollable rage.  I'm definitely going to bring it up at my next appointment.

Cravings:  Chocolate Ice cream and fried pickles.  Not at the same time.  That'd be gross!  :)

Upcoming appointments?

2nd anatomy scan to follow up on parts that we didn't get quite enough measurements on last time.  I'm one of those who gets faint when lying on my back while pregnant, so I was so uncomfortable, I guess they figured it'd be easier for me to come back a second time than continue scanning the babies.  My 5th month OB appointment is the same day.

How to optimize our investments for our financial future.  I feel pretty confident that I'm maximizing what I can at this point in my life, but is it enough?!  That worries me, especially with twins on the way and a preschooler already here.  I want to know they'll have a secure future too.

• Thanks @ignoscemihi I've looked a little at Gap, I'm excited for their fall clothes to come out so I can really start buying!

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers