October 2016 Moms

Monday Bitchfest (30/5)

*American lady living in Tanzania.
DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)

Re: Monday Bitchfest (30/5)

• This is more of a petty problem but I left my computer at the office and I want to work from home tomorrow. Now I have to decide if it's worth driving to the office to get my laptop or to suck it up and go in tomorrow. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• edited May 2016
    I have to go out with my in laws for dinner tonight no way to get out of it. I know that this evening is going to go from being about my husband's belated birthday(they "somehow" couldn't make it on his birthday when we originally were going to get this over with) to about their anniversary and passive aggressively attitude against me(it's going to be all "Are you finally going to give me a granddaughter or do I have to wait till claire(my brother in laws gf) has another oneq or holly (my other brother in laws gf). I know one of THEM will give me one")  Plus his sister is now coming so I'll get stuck with watching her two boys plus my two boys and being left out of all the conversions as always. Then the whole religious conversation will start since I'm catholic and they are jewish im sure ill get an earful about how I'm going to get this kid baptised too and how are they going to know their jewish heritage blah blah blah. Like I know enough to teach them!  They are the rabbi and rabbicen!  Why don't you see your grandkids more often and you can teach them! As long as you don't hate them that hate other religions crap you teach my nephews! On top of all that my husband works till the very minute the dinner is start in so I'm to get both kids and myself decently dressed up in a good mood and outside by the time they get here and I just remembered i forgot to get their nice Car seats out of my mother's car before she went to work so now I have to check and see if their old car seats are perfectly clean and carry them out of the basement. What a crappy day. 

End of rant

Edited;

I swear I was done complaining till I went to check my facebook before starting to clean th. whole house and get ready for this nightmare of tonight until I see my SIL hanging out in york, pa the same place my family was leaving the last three years up til last year which shes was too far to visit despite DH practically begging her to come visit with our nephews, but now that we don't live there she can hang out and go to the mall there and just play around half the day. Just one more reason I can't stand my in laws it's such a classic move for them to get me all upset especially when I about to see them and have not many choices but to be quiet about it. I just want to scream at how ignorant they are!
  • Loading the player...
  • For some reason all of our family ended up coming over. We just moved the rest of the stuff to the new house last weekend so everything is everywhere currently as we're still trying to unpack. This weekend we decided we were going to spend the days off and holiday doing so, but all the parents ended up coming over at various times throughout the day. Well after everything was said and done I noticed a box was gone from the bathroom counter. I asked DH if he had moved it somewhere, and he hadn't, but we found all of its contents on a shelf and the box in the closet. I'm sure it's just the chaos of the move and hormones, but I was instant rage. Who goes to someone else's house and puts their stuff away?! Without even asking! I told him that no one is invited over (or allowed to invite themselves over) again until we're all organized. He thinks I'm overreacting, but I'm more annoyed by the fact that now I have to organize twice. 
  • I am working day 6 of 9 in a row today, with no OT thanks to my new (temporary) promotion into an exempt role. All I want to do today is nap and eat chocolate. I'm pretty sure a cold is raging within me, not just allergies. Part of me feels bad for my team, cause they'll have to deal with my mood today. Favors to whichever one of them decides to feed the pregnant lady.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I have to go to the grocery store and clean the house today. DH is home which helps because he can keep DS busy but he is no help with the actual chores.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Okay I know this going to be petty and they are totally in the right, but I'm still cranky about it!

I volunteer for a cat rescue organization in my area and they have several closed groups for volunteers/fosters/adopters, one of them being a medical group.  Well I posted about my own cat that didn't come from this group, asking for ideas what might be the issue - well the next day isn't there a post from one of the runners reminding people that this group is for their cats only and not personal cats, because it will cause the group to get cluttered.  Umm the group gets MAYBE one or two posts a day, if that, so my one post isn't going to clutter the group.  I just feel like one of the organizers of this group are quick to criticize, when everyone is just trying to help (we are all volunteers after all).
    Pregnancy Ticker

• My husband has been snoring bad lately at night. Which makes me a grouchy hag.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel like I shouldn't bitch too much as it's Monday and a holiday. But the fact that I have to go back to work after a fun long weekend is blahhhhhhhh. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • My one day where I can sleep in and I wake up really early with knee pain so intense I can't fall back asleep. Grrrr. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm not sure if I'm being petty or not but I'm pissed at my SO's brother's wife. She has two young boys, almost 3 and 8 months. When I was pregnant 2 years ago, she gave me a bunch of things, clothes, breast pumps, play mats etc. When she got pregnant the second time, I gave her all of that back plus a stroller I had that I wasn't using. Keep in mind we both have two boys. Now, I'm having a girl and I know she's salty because she wanted a girl and apparently they're done. I haven't spoken to her since we found out. She hasn't liked or commented on a single one of my fb posts since then either. Whatever, I can understand somewhat. Today, I see that she's selling baby things on a fb yard sale page, bath tub, play mats and a bouncer. None of these things are exclusive to a boy so I'm a little pissed that she didn't ask if I wanted any of it first. To add to my pissed-ation, the bouncer she's selling I BOUGHT FOR HER. I paid $40 for it and she's selling it for $6! I don't really need it but I would've taken it if she was going to give it away. Am I being an irrational pregnant lady? I haven't said anything to her yet and not sure if I will until I confirm if I'm being crazy or not.  :#

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • LGW2015LGW2015 member
    @kelliott09 Not at all, I would be upset also. It only makes sense that she would offer them back to you, even if she wants them returned when you're done so you can sell them. It's just the considerate thing to do. Especially if she's doing it because she's bitter you're having a girl, that's ridiculous.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My mini vacation is coming to an end... 5 days FLEW by! I don't wanna go back to work tomorrow!!! WEH!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• My bitchfest is a little petty but it's good to vent so whatever. Tomorrow is our AS and i'm a little nervous as we have decided to go ahead and do the some genetic testing after much back and forth. We're hoping to get some input on further testing as well since my SO has Pierre Robins syndrome (accompanied by ear bone malformations) and had cranial malformation.His mom swears they're not genetic because she had 2 other children without the conditions; however, I am someone who likes to be super prepared and as some of you may know I am a self described worry wart. She keeps throwing in her 2 cents whenever we bring it up saying how we shouldn't do any testing and God only gives us what we can handle. (never mind the fact that both my SO and I are agnostic.) It gets a little frustrating.

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • F47F47 member
    My niece ate all of the Reddi Wip before I got my strawberry shortcake after dinner. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • F47 said:
    My niece ate all of the Reddi Wip before I got my strawberry shortcake after dinner. 
    :anguished: that's horrible!! I'm actually upset for you lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

• F47F47 member
    @LauraPCOS I tried my best to conceal my dismay. But, it was a fresh can! Wth?! 
  • F47 said:
    That's a fucking travesty  :s

• Okay I have bitchfest number 2 and holy am I grumbling.

So my senior cat thinks peeing on the floor is just as good as the litter box (awesome on hardwood floors in a rented house!) - but did I not just discover that when she actually does use the litter box, the fucking thing leaks?! Seriously all her pee seeps through the cracks and pools under the box and I didn't notice it until I moved the box to clean the mess I did notice and there was a serious size puddle! I mean I needed 6 paper towels to cover the size of this puddle!! I threw the fucking thing out (I have 2 other boxes set up) but of course my hubby is saying the garbage guys won't take this bag, and I said to try (no animal is going to get in it, it just a hooded litter box and litter) but he had to fight me on it and I want to be "seriously?! Can't you see I'm annoyed right now and you want to fight me on putting out a fucking bag of garbage?!"  Ya I can't deal with this shit right now! And he keeps saying get rid of the cat (which my mom said I can bring her there) but I feel like a shitty pet owner just considering it so instead I come here and bitch :smiley: 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• F47F47 member
    I have a second bitch, too. It took 2 hours and 15 minutes to get my son to sleep tonight. My MIL is in town and staying with us this week and I just want to be free to sob in my kitchen out of sheer exhaustion, but have to retreat to my bedroom to avoid looking like a freak. And hubby is soooo concerned with making sure she's happy/comfortable/ok (which, yeah, is sweet) he hasn't an ounce of concern for me. 

So...like @LauraPCOS I'm back again to vent. 
  • @F47 lets go have a sob fest together! :bawling: 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• F47F47 member
    @laurapcos I'm down. Can we also eat sugary cereal?

Also, can't you play the, "I'm pregnant so I can't be dealing with cat litter" card and make your hubby clean that floor? I don't have cats, but if I did, you can bet that would be my plan of attack. 
  • @LauraPCOS have you taken your cat to the vet for peeing outside the litter box? I have a 14 year old cat. Every time he does this, he has a urinary tract infection. One time I didn't notice it for a while because he had found a new spot. He ended up getting a blockage which put him into kidney failure. He spent a week in the kitty hospital and I came very close to losing him. Just a suggestion in case you haven't explored that.  :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I know I'm a day late, but it still feels like a Monday and I have something to bitch about.  I own a company with my father and brother.  I pull my weight around here and then some.  But I'm not in the "Boys Club".  My brother shirks his responsibilities and it either goes unnoticed or gets justified.  I'm supposed to pick up where he leaves off and I'm over it.  Looking into additional schooling in the fall.  Then they can run this place into the ground on their own.
  • @LauraPCOS have you taken your cat to the vet for peeing outside the litter box? I have a 14 year old cat. Every time he does this, he has a urinary tract infection. One time I didn't notice it for a while because he had found a new spot. He ended up getting a blockage which put him into kidney failure. He spent a week in the kitty hospital and I came very close to losing him. Just a suggestion in case you haven't explored that.  :)
    Yes, this.  I'd definitely get to the vet.
  • My dog keeps sneaking upstairs and eating my cat's food if we don't remember to shut the gate across the stairs all the way. The poor cat keeps ending up with no food and I am huffing and puffing going upstairs all the time to check if she has food and/or refill it. I've been lucky that the cat never really was interested in jumping up on tables and I don't want to start encouraging it now and I don't know where to hide her food so the dog can't get it but she can.

Also, these maternity work pants from Walmart.com are ridiculously uncomfortable. In what world are "maternity" pants the tightest in the stomach/hip area but loosely fitting down the legs?? Although I like feeling what I think are her kicks, I do NOT enjoy feeling them more because she's squished in there - it's like I'm sleeping on my stomach. I hate online shopping and Walmart in general, ugh
  • And can I just add more because my crying-moodiness is back to bitchy-moodiness....why TF do people feel the need to tell ME all about how my husband is going to be jealous of all the attention the baby's going to get because you know, all men get that way when their wife is busy with the baby??? He's pretty independent but even if that does happen, why tell me? So annoying
  • @UponAStar16 - we have a cat door on the door going down to the basement and that is where we keep the litter box and food, etc.  He gets his peace and the dogs are none the wiser.  Don't know if a cat door is an option for you or not.
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited May 2016
    @kelliott09 - I get why you're upset. I would probably be hurt by it too. IF you bring it up, I'd be cautious of her feelings. She's likely being ridiculous but ripping her a new one over a bouncer you don't really need won't help your relationship. I'd maybe consider just letting this issue pass, assuming you feel like you can move past it without a discussion. But my short answer to your question is, no, I don't think you're being crazy.

@ashleymn - I'm a carrier of a genetic disorder that my dad was told (back in the day) there was zero way for me to pass to my kids because I don't have the disease actively. They were wrong. I don't have the disease actively, but my kids have a 50/50 shot of having it actively or being a carrier. My point in all this is, I'm glad you did what you felt was best, not what your MIL felt was best. My dad SWORE there was no need for genetic testing, that his doctor said there was no way for me to pass on the disease and after getting the testing I insisted on, I'm glad we did.

edited because.... typing is hard ;)
  • bnsmith85 said:
    @kelliott09 - I get why you're upset. I would probably be hurt by it too. IF you bring it up, I'd be cautious of her feelings. She's likely being ridiculous but ripping her a new one over a bouncer you don't really need won't help your relationship. I'd maybe consider just letting this issue pass, assuming you feel like you can move past it without a discussion. But my short answer to your question is, no, I don't think you're being crazy.

@ashleymn - I'm a carrier of a genetic disorder that my dad was told (back in the day) there was zero way for me to pass to my kids because I don't have the disease actively. They were wrong. I don't have the disease actively, but my kids have a 50/50 shot of having it actively or being a carrier. My point in all this is, I'm glad you did what you felt was best, not what your MIL felt was best. My dad SWORE there was no need for genetic testing, that his doctor said there was no way for me to pass on the disease and after getting the testing I insisted on done, I'm glad we did.

Stuck in the box...
    We don't have much of a relationship anyway. She's a really hard person to talk to and get to know, although I've tried my hardest. She's also about 10 years younger than me so that doesn't help. I definitely wouldn't have ripped her new one over it but I did consider some passive aggressiveness. I was either going to comment on the things I was interested in like everyone else or just like the post so she knows I saw it. I waited to talk to SO last night to see what he thought. At first he thought she was being a bitch but then he looked at the pictures and said I can see where she thought you wouldn't want that boy stuff. I almost blew a gasket! She had one of the kick and play piano mats! That isn't gender specific! I wanted that. But...I just decided to let it go...and delete fb for a while because it seems everything hurts my butt lately and I just need a break.  :'(
    Thank you all for assuring me I wasn't being crazy though!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My BIL is a damned troll. Every time I post any kind of feel-good article he makes it a point to post and shit all over it. Every. Time. I'm so fucking sick of it. I'm going to restrict his access to my stuff. 

She's done it ever since she was a kitten.  She is a snobby princess that doesn't like her paws dirty so if the litter box is just cleaned, she doesn't want to use it until one of the other cats do, and then she doesn't want to use it cause it's dirty.  I can't win!  I've also watched her pee once, she starts in a squat then a moment later, while still peeing, she goes into standing position peeing everywhere.  I have high walled boxed, but being 14 she's starting to get arthritis and I'm noticing she can't jump in some times, which is why I got the dome, but that didn't work.  I'm going to try something else but for now she'll have to use the high boxes.

@F47 anything surgery or junky I'm in! I've tried the whole "I'm pregnant" argument with hubby but he says the smell of cat pee makes him gag and puke :neutral: and it's been a fight but I can't let the boxes go 9 months, that's just gross.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I get annoyed when people do that or come in here demanding answers. call. your. doctor. 
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    Ha... I missed the am I showing undies pic
  • bnsmith85 said:
    Then she got all upset and called us names because we didn't all compliment her abs or something. It was pretty special. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• blaf322blaf322 member
    MRSCORKER said:
    bnsmith85 said:
    Then she got all upset and called us names because we didn't all compliment her abs or something. It was pretty special. 
    bahahaha! I might have to go digging for that one if I get bored later this week. I'm sure it was during the 2 or 3 week hiatus I took from the board last month.
  • MRSCORKER said:
    The worst one was the rando who came in and literally posted pics of herself in her underwear wondering if she was showing. 

Wait, What? How did I miss this?

We did "no phones over the holiday weekend", so today is my Monday damn it- My gripe is how much work we had to do over the weekend. Spray for bedbugs (ended up finding one dead tick in my bed, nothing more), having to stay out of my house while it aired out, washing virtually every bedding or clothing item we have, plus stuffed animals, and working on remodeling the garage into a master bedroom so the current master can be a nursery. And furthermore, how much more work we have left to do =/ at least we have no bugs. That's a plus.
  • Omg I missed that one too!  :/

@jennjenn81713 thanks for the idea...I might try to put in some kind of cat door or, I could swear the one day I saw a gate that has a cat door too! We shall see haha...