September 2015 Moms

Need reassurance/advice/thoughts, everything.

11 hours after having the boys i got my tubal ligation. & ive had my period every month ever since they were born. I EP for the first
6 months and just recently noticed my milk completely dried last week(they will b 9 months Friday).

Heres the thing, i haven't had my period this month. Every month its been later & later by a few days or so. In February it was the 13-15th In March i had it the 17th-20th. April 20th-23rd & this month nothing & i am losing my head! My mom is usually my rock but she just said "you're fine dont worry about it you had your surgery, & if you're pregnant you're pregnant get over it." which didnt really make me feel better. But of course if i am, i'll have & love my baby but im scared & shitting bricks! I wanted to be done. In almost 5 years with the mirena i never had a scare, & almost 9 months with the tubal ligation ive had 2 scares. WTH!

-I dont have any symptoms @ all of being pregnant. (though it could still be too soon)
 -Ive been a little stressed about the boys surgery(turns out they both have a hernia & both need a surgery) but not to the extent that it should affect my period since i know its a half hour-hour surgey, in and out.
-ive been stressing about my period since the 20th & been thinking about it none stop.
-I did gain some weight back(15 pounds).
-besides my weight, my milk completely drying up is the only change my body has gone through.

Idk whats going on or what to think. & i dont want to take a test yet because i dont want it to be real just yet. 

Any one out there who can tell me to calm the fuck down lol. that im doing this to myself. Or have advice of what it can or cant be? I also told my husband about it & he just said, "what if we have twin girls now" :neutral: i was like really? Lol im trying to feel better here lol.

Re: Need reassurance/advice/thoughts, everything.

• rjanicerjanice member
    edited May 2016
    Your post made me lol a tad. Sorry but is true. I envisioned you saying it all in one breath with wide eyes that say "are you effing kidding me!?" 

Pee on a stick! Then smack your mom and hubby with said stick (yup the one you just peed on! ;) )

Eta: only certain parts made me lol specifically the ones regarding comments made by mom and hubby. I will pray for a smooth procedure and recovery for your boys. Hugs momma 
  • cmlsucmlsu member
    Calm the fuck down.... I only said that because you specifically asked.

But seriously, pregnancy scares are shitty. Right now, there's nothing you can do except test. Periods can be irregular, especially after babies and stress, which as the mom of new twins and upcoming surgeries and other kids to worry about, you're certainly under a lot right now. Breathe, realize that you can't change it with your worrying, and get yourself a test to find out of you really do need to freak out or if you're free to relax. 

We're here to help either way. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a tubal as well and I've noticed that a few months after my periods came back they also started coming later and later. I'm not sure if this is an age thing; I'm 36, a weight thing: I'm embarrassed to say that I gained back weight as well, or maybe a tubal thing since you've had a tubal and are experiencing the same thing. It's definitely nerve wracking to have a period that normally comes like clockwork not come on time. If taking a test gives you some peace of mind then it's money well spent. 

If it's normal I certainly won't object to having a longer cycle since the baby doesn't care that I'm having cramps and just want to lay on the couch with a heating pad. 
  • @rjanice lol im glad i made you luagh! & yes my eyes were like that lmao! & thank you so much!

@cmlsu lol thank you! I know worrying doesnt get me anything or anywhere but i  cant help it. Haha 

@missliz53 i dont think its an age thing, im 23 & will be 24 in July. & then i just recently gained the weight this last month & my period has been being later & later for a few months already.(i know what you mean about the weight im embarrassed about it too!) & see with the mirena i would get my period once or twice every 6 months for a day or 2 for 4.5 years. So it was normal. With the tubal ive had my period every month, late almost every month except for this month so idk.

i guess ill take a test in 2 weeks. :anguished: