June 2016 Moms
Options

Back pain

I'm a FTM, 35+6 today, and for the last week, my mid back (and only that spot) has been really painful in the mornings.  The only way I can describe it is like someone hit me with a baseball bat or stabbed me with a knife right in that spot.   It gets better throughout the day and then at night goes bad again.  I'm switching from side to side at night as I'm sure most of us are but nothing different than recent previous weeks.  It only "catches" when I move a certain way, especially sitting up really straight but when it does it takes my breath away.  Anyone else in this boat with me?

Re: Back pain

• Options
    Not this time, but with my first I had horrible back pain. A belt really helped me, sitting on a yoga ball and also seeing a chiropractor. Good luck momma and I hope you feel better!
    nws
  • Options
    I put three tennis balls in a sock and hubby uses it massage my back.  It's also helpful when sitting in a chair- if you place it where the pain is and lean back it releases the pain (at least for me this works.. We learned it at our birth class)..
    the other thing you can try is a rice sock.. You can heat and freeze it, so depending on which is more comfortable for you... It works wonders..  You have to use about 4lbs of rice-- real rice, not minute rice ;)

good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I have a few of these spots, but have found the midback region has been the worst the past few weeks. I find the bio-freeze is the best treatment ive found. I do also visit a chiropractor. But bio-freeze before bed for sure!
  • Options
    Thanks.  By the end of the day is gone or or mostly so but it's SO bad in the mornings.  Heating pad helped today.  
  • Options
    NLewis1NLewis1 member
    It sounds like you have a rib or two out of place. I had that about that time with my first pregnancy. I let it get so bad it hurt whenever I took too deep a breath in. Went to the chiropractor and ended up having 5 ribs and my left shoulder out of place. He adjusted me, then the next day I felt terrible again, he had me come back in (for free) and adjusted me "cold" (not heat to loosen the muscles before hand) and that time everything stayed in place. It was so painful! And I felt SO much better after I saw him! 

I highly suggest you you see a chiropractor as its not your typical "I'm massively pregnant" lower back pain. Trust me - you don't want to try to deliver like that!
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Options
    Tawny87Tawny87 member
    NLewis1 said:
    It sounds like you have a rib or two out of place. I had that about that time with my first pregnancy. I let it get so bad it hurt whenever I took too deep a breath in. Went to the chiropractor and ended up having 5 ribs and my left shoulder out of place. He adjusted me, then the next day I felt terrible again, he had me come back in (for free) and adjusted me "cold" (not heat to loosen the muscles before hand) and that time everything stayed in place. It was so painful! And I felt SO much better after I saw him! 

I highly suggest you you see a chiropractor as its not your typical "I'm massively pregnant" lower back pain. Trust me - you don't want to try to deliver like that!
    I second this. I have a couple out of place too.
  • Options
    I have and old back/shoulder injury from childhood that always gets a good reaction from the chiro but this is more lower thoracic spine area.  I think it's muscular only bc heat helps it and it "works out" through the day.  I know a better mattress would help but we've spent too much lately on other more needed stuff!  I do need to see the chiro though.  She really helps my migraines when I go regular.
  • Options
    Im 39+4 and have killer pain only on the left side of my back. Most of the time it only flares up at night. A heating pad or back rub helps but boy is it painful! I can hardly walk when it it hits. It will stop for awhile after laying on heating pad but flares right back up till about noon now. Doc thinks shes laying on a nerve or something. Im scheduled to be induced in a week if she doesnt come by then and i definitely cannot wait to not feel this anymore!