November 2016 Moms

Strange Pop in Belly

Hey y'all! I'm pregnant with my second baby and about 3 times now, I've felt this weird "pop" in my belly.  It's always when I'm sitting or laying down and I'm yawning or taking a deep breath. I don't think it's the baby because it's been high up, like above my belly button and to the right.  I never felt this with my first so I have no idea what it is!! Has anyone else experienced this?? I have a dr appointment Tuesday but I can't wait till then, I have to know if anyone else knows what it is! It almost feels like someone is poking me from the outside. 

Thanks in advance!! 

Re: Strange Pop in Belly

• I had this all the time with my first. Doctors had no answers for me
  • MawmeeMawmee member
    I get this all the time when I sneeze, cough too hard, or stretch and/or twist a certain way. Scares the crap outta me, but no issues.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's probably just a small separation of your ab muscles. I have the same thing. 
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• I have the same thing- it happens when i twist my torso sometimes. It happened the other day when I got into bed and i thought my son was poking me with his finger in the belly. I don't remember feeling this with my first!
  • edited May 2016
    I bet you it's your ligament flicking over the bone of your pelvis. I'm sure it's fine :) I have that in my hip, it clicks/pops every time I move a certain way. Still mention it to the doc.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• Thank y'all so much! Y'all have helped eased my mind! I'll definitely still talk to my dr about it though! 
  • I have the same thing.  It's like and elastic snaping then feeling something pushing out. I couldn't explain it to my dr.  I just realized it's when I use my an muscles to sit up or turn so I've started using my arms and bending/moving more careful.  It feels like a baby moving in the 3rd trimester.  Weird as heck! 
  • I'm going through this too it happens when I move to fast or turn while sitting/laying. I think it's just everything moving and being pushed up so when we move to fast or whatever it causes our insides to shift also. My Dr said it was normal