June 2016 Moms

Numb tongue anyone?

I just emailed my doctor about it, and Google is vague. Was wondering if anyone else has experienced tongue numbness after/while eating. I'm 38 weeks. Most things I see say it's normal or preeclampsia. So, that's fun.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Numb tongue anyone?

• Tawny87Tawny87 member
    Never heard of it. Maybe call over to L&D they should be able to troubleshoot it for you.
  • Thanks. I think I will. It's so weird!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Have had this but only after eating foods that are acidic like strawberries or cherries. Sometimes with fresh veggies too and then my tongue looks splotchy or what they call "geo tongue". Mentioned it to my doc who said not to worry and it is normal as long as its not swelling to the point of being an allergic reaction 
  • It could also be thrush. I get the same symptoms when I'm getting close to having a run of thrush. Blotchy tongue and numbness when eating acidic things. Try eating a yogurt every other day. Thrush is caused when the bacteria in your mouth is out of wack. I have only had one small bout since getting pregnant but have dealt for years. My doctor said being pregnant makes crazy and weird things happen because your hormones run everything so be prepared for anything.
  • Sounds like thrush-I had it. Felt like razor blades has a white coating on my tounge perscribed some oral mouth rinse and now I'm all better :)