October 2016 Moms

Moms of 2+ : Can we talk double strollers?

I really hope this wasn't posted yet. I tried to search, but mobile sucks.
DD will be coming on 3 years old when the new baby comes and I'm at a loss on double strollers. 
Do I want a side by side? Anything in paticular I should be looking for? One with an option of to sit and/or stand for DD? 
      Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014

Re: Moms of 2+ : Can we talk double strollers?

• I got a used double BOB. I like the side by side better than the tandem because it's easier to push. I've heard that tandem doubles are hard to manuver and that the weight distribution is weird when there's only one kid in it

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• We're leaning toward the Baby Jogger City Select with the doubles kit.  It's got a lot of storage underneath (great for grocery shopping) and it has a bunch of different configurations for the seats.  We'll probably also get the glider board in case the toddler wants to stand.  We've used a double BoB (when my son was doing a temporary nanny share with another kid), and it's great for maneuverability, but it doesn't fit through the door at a lot of the coffee shops and little stores around our neighborhood, so we're going with a tandem.
  • Loading the player...
  • City select all the way. I love it! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MeetherMeether member
    Does your DD like strollers? At 3, you can get the glider board/buggy board attachment thing. This is my third, but my middle will be 2 when this baby gets here. She likes walking as did my older DD, so I plan to just wear the new baby if she decides to need the stroller, or if I need to contain her lol. If it's my husband and I, we can use 2 strollers for extended day trips.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm no expert since I don't have 2 yet, but I'm planning on wearing baby and using the stroller for dd until probably spring, at which point she'll be 3 1/2.  At that point, we might get a sit and stand stroller because she typically doesn't like riding in the stroller much even now.  The only time I can see using a double would be somewhere like Disney World, and in that case we'd rent.  But we live in the suburbs and drive most places, I might feel differently if I lived in a big city without a car.

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We are also waiting until spring. I don't see us doing many major adventures over the winter to get a stroller yet. My daughter will be 3 1/2 when baby is born
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We have a city select righ now that we'll be converting to a double. Love it as a single stroller. I feel Ike the side by sides are too wide and hard to get through aisles, etc
  • DH and I loved our side by side jogging double stroller! My DH whined when it finally died (it was second hand and we used it EVERYDAY on the horrible city sidewalks.) 
  • Several people have mentioned the City Select. My question is: do your kids have enough leg room in there? My LO is always tall on the growth charts, and I worry about the seats being so close together. Also, do your kids like the "stadium style" seats, or is it a battle over who gets which seat?
  • vcabbywvcabbyw member
    I think I'm leaning towards just a basic sit and stand stroller. 
  • DS will be almost 3 1/2 when new baby arrives. We have a BOB jogging stroller than we have put hundreds of miles on that is still in great shape. It isnt a huge fan of it anymore, so on walks/hikes, I often take it just in case he needs it. Im thinking I will not go for a double stroller just yet.. I plan to wear baby and take the stroller for DS if he needs it. By next summer, as baby is approaching one, if I feel like baby isnt digging baby wearing, Im hopeful DS wont need the stroller much at 4. I do anticipate this plan may change but it's what Im going with now. A good friend of mine has a double BOB that she uses for her kids who are 20 months apart. She loves it. We jog together regularly and she does really well with corners, etc, even with two good sized kids (now 16 months and 3)
    DS 5/10/13
    New Bundle of Joy- EDD 10/27/16
  • kmvisioli said:
    Several people have mentioned the City Select. My question is: do your kids have enough leg room in there? My LO is always tall on the growth charts, and I worry about the seats being so close together. Also, do your kids like the "stadium style" seats, or is it a battle over who gets which seat?
    My oldest is over 3 and quite tall. They don't care where they ride, if they fight I actually make them ride back to back! Lol I like that the seats can be changed and when DD2 was really little I had her facing me slightly reclined so she could sleep and DD1 rode in the front seat, and they could also recline. They both at 3.5 and 2 still like the stroller and I go for walks 3-4 times a week. I love it in malls, it fits everywhere. Tons of basket room for all my stuff too. 
  • I had a double BOB cause I loved my single bob with my first, it was just too wide for us for stores and I didn't like that my DD1 was going to be right beside her sister and if they're fighting (which they do now that they're older) it would be a battle, the car seat also was super super hard to get on the adapter on the double and I was always struggling in malls. If I jogged I would probably suck it up, but since I don't and we have good side walks and streets here I have no need to have a jogging stroller. In a perfect world I would have both but the budget just isn't there when both strollers are mega pricey.