October 2016 Moms

Petty Problem Saturday! 5/28/16

Tell me your petty woes! 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Petty Problem Saturday! 5/28/16

• It might rain today. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • the pets are all shedding like crazy because it's warm out. I vacuumed yesterday and it's already out of control again! 

• It's way too hot already
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have lower back sweat and I am wearing a colored shirt so you can see it :( 
  • DH brought home meat to cook for dinner and its like a tiny bit steak and the rest is like stomach and other weird places that he knows I hate :/  
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • I'm on day 2 of the stomach bug. I just want to go outside and play  :s
          Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014
  • Not enough cream in my coffee to drown out the horrid coffee taste but I need the caffeine to function today. 

• It's a holiday weekend and I had to work today for straight time. 
  • Our air conditioner is broken. Yesterday it wasn't too hot but today it's a lot warmer. Still not full Texas summer, but pretty damn hot.

• @nataliemaephotography I'm with you. Today is day 4 of 6 in a row, and none of them are OT. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I work weekend option at my hospital (Friday & Saturday nights), but Memorial day is my holiday, so I have to work Sunday night too. I absolutely hate working Sunday nights. Sunday nights are literally the bane of my existence. Plus, 3 12 hour night shifts in a row is hard during pregnancy. I'll be thinking about my nice comfy bed the whole time I'm there tomorrow night. :( 
  • edited May 2016
    It's hot as hell here in CT... If this is a glimps of what summer is going to be like im gonna be fat and miserable lol. I keep begging my DH to get us a pool! I'm pricing them out right now! I will win this battle! Lol 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• I'm at my aunt's for a BBQ and she has a ton of food, but I was hungry earlier so I had lunch and of course ate too much.  Now I'm not hungry for food and I want to eat all of it :bawling: 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• LGW2015LGW2015 member
    YES to swamp crotch. It's so hot today and out of control. Also my fingers are swelling up like crazy from this heat so there go my rings :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is really petty, especially since it really isn't my problem.  My in-laws have been talking about buying a house in our city since my son was born over two years ago.  I didn't every believe they'd do it because my husband's entire family lives in the city where they currently reside.  They finally decided to get serious when we told them we're having a second.  (They decided they'd live here part of the year, but spend most of the year in their hometown, where my sister-in-law and her kids live.)  Last weekend, they put in an offer on a condo and they called Monday to say they won the bidding war.  They put down earnest money and were all set to close in June.  I was so excited because I'd love for my kids to have grandparents nearby for at least part of the year.  We live over 2,000 miles away from our families and, while I love the city we live in and would not move to either of the places our families live, I get sad knowing my kids will only see their grandparents two weeks a year.  Well my mother-in-law emailed today saying the HOA regulations are too restrictive and they may not go through with the purchase.  I read the regs and they don't seem any more restrictive than any other condo regs, so it feels like they are never going to actually get a place here.  I feel dumb for being so disappointed and I wish I hadn't let myself get so excited.

• This morning I ran out of almond milk and had to use regular milk on my cereal  :s
  • We were at the beach and dinner lasted until after it was dark. I really wanted ice cream, but it got cold on the boardwalk when the sun went down. We did it anyway :)
  • @sportiegrl1213 I want a pool too!! I keep looking at them to figure out how we could do it... Til that day though, I shall continue to crash my in-laws' house and their pool!! I just head straight to the backyard now, don't even let them know I'm there!

@lgw2015 The heat swelled my hands, too! Had to oil them up to pry my rings off... It was like my fingers turned into sausages. So sexy.
  • We went to the mall today to get DD some Stride Rite shoes and all I wanted in my life today was CinnaBon and the damn mall didn't have anyway. Not one fucking cinnamon glazed goodness in sight. What the hell kind of huge ass mall doesn't have a CinnaBon? I just can't. Mind you, we finally went car shopping today and we for the car I wanted. I must be stopped, guys. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Guys, how are we going to survive this summer heat? It's humid AF and I'm already pissed. And it's not yet June!
  • We have an awesome
    memory foam mattress that i usually love, but it's starting to make my hips hurt. Last night I stayed at a friends house on a shitty old firm mattress and felt so much better. 
  • Argh. I moderate a philosophy-based FB mothering group and someone just posted a question about (normal) infant sleep patterns with regard to nursing and the first response was someone saying to night wean immediately, night feeds aren't necessary and to let babe CIO. Shocked the shit out of me because people come to the group because they are already opposed to those methods.  I'm irritated because I had to be nice and explain why those things don't fit with the group's (clearly outlined) philosophies. Kinda scratching my head and wondering how they found our group in the first place. 

• My petty problem. Trying to decide what ring sling I want to buy for DS. I can't make my mind up, and want to get one so I have it and don't have to worry about it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sad that I have to work Saturday and Monday of a holiday weekend even though I personally chose to work those days months ago, and they precede 10 days off in a row. 
  • My hockey team is in the Stanley Cup Final (YESSS) but 6/7 of the games are during the week from 2-5 am my time... 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • I'm not sure this qualifies as a "petty" problem (because I'm actually super upset about it), but I need some place to get this out and this is the first place that seemed reasonable?  We just moved to our new house a few months ago. We love all of our neighbors and are slowly getting to know them all better. Today we had a cookout at one of their houses, and we all had our dogs with us. The host dog is a small, older, aggressive dog (their words) and she went after my sweet lab. My lab responded from being attacked and was going after this other dog. Obviously, my dog is much bigger so the affects of them going after each other are weighted heavily on the small dog. Long story short, small dog is completely fine, but the neighbor responded SO dramatically. Yelled at my dog that she was not welcome and threw her out of the fenced in yard and then proceeded to "whisper" (very loudly) to another neighbor basically talking crap about my dog and the situation. I was so frustrated and upset I tried to make an excuse why we needed to head out and proceeded home where I cried out of pure frustration with the situation. YOUR DOG ATTACKED MY DOG. How in the world is my dog at fault?? I agree if the dogs don't get along they shouldn't be together, but why act like an immature, dramatic asshole about it?? Now I feel so weird around these particular neighbors and am super sad the whole situation happened after what I thought was a great day. 
  • LGW2015LGW2015 member
    @books&icecream The Penguins right?! We just moved to Pittsburgh in July (DH is from a town a few hours outside of Pittsburgh), and my uncle used to work for the NHL so he got us 2 tickets to game 1! I'm letting DH take his dad because I know he would never get to go otherwise and it means a lot to them.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @molson1 I'm so sorry that happened.  If the owner knew their dog was aggressive with other dogs, she should have said something prior to the day, which means you could have left your dog at home.  But ya she totally acted dramatically and made an awkward situation for all.  As much as it 100% not your fault, maybe go talk to her an apologize for how your dog responded? Smooth the waters just to make peace so you can enjoy future outings? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @LGW2015 Yes, ma'am!! I am so jealous your DH has tickets! Every morning I wake up to pictures of my friends at the games and I cry a little. And I had no idea you were in Pittsburgh! Best city to raise a child! ;)
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • i bought chocolate eggs.... popped one into my mouth it was almonds no chocolate.... 

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016