November 2016 Moms

Have you started shopping for baby?

shevaCCshevaCC member
edited May 2016 in November 2016 Moms
Who's already started buying things for baby? Find anything good?

Have you started shopping for baby? 140 votes

Got everything we need for baby
5% 7 votes
Got all the big stuff
5% 7 votes
Some big stuff bought
7% 10 votes
Bought a few little things
35% 50 votes
Bought nothing at all
47% 66 votes

Re: Have you started shopping for baby?

• Third time mom. We have pretty much everything. It's the first girl so just need clothes and maybe some girly shit. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • shevaCCshevaCC member
    Anyone shopping this weekend? I "need" matching big and little sister dresses and a third pair of matching Christmas pajamas, so basically we have everything, lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • shevaCCshevaCC member
    Third time mom. We have pretty much everything. It's the first girl so just need clothes and maybe some girly shit. 
    I already used up that excuse last time when we had a son. I find it a lot easier to find cute girl clothes than boy clothes, especially big sister/little sister matching outfits...my DH is already rolling his eyes at me :)
  • 3rd time mom....we have nothing. Not just nothing. We are so removed from babies/toddlers that we stand no chance of being ready for this baby. 
  • He's my third and my second boy so we're pretty much set. I've started buying some boy cloth diapers and I need a new stroller. Even though I have a closet full of clothes and shoes for him, I'll probably buy him a few new things for the hospital and coming home. 
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
     TTC since 07/2010 BFP #1 11/10/11 Natural MC at 6w4d BFP #2 01/23/12 MC at 12w. 2x Cytotek 1x Methergen; Genetic testing found Factor V Leiden and MTHFR. Started extra Folic Acid and Baby Aspirin then Lovenox BFP #3 07/02/12 EDD 3/13/13 . Rainbow Baby born at 37 weeks, all natural, after 10 weeks of bedrest. BFP #4 ST. PATTY'S DAY 2014. EDD 11/25/14 
  • I want to start. But everyone is telling me no. 
  • 4th time mom and I have nothing besides a few outfits I bought... Started looking today for used cribs, bassinets, swings ect.. 
  • ficbotficbot member
    We will not buy anything before it is born. If I am given something, I won't turn it away. But it is a cultural superstition and I am abiding by it. Baby gets nothing until it is safely here :-)
  • lrg14lrg14 member
    I haven't started yet, but got my registry going and have most big ticket items picked out (car seat, stroller, etc.)
  • I voted bought a few little things. We got 2 four packs of onesies yesterday to use as props in our Facebook announcement with our puppy. (I'll post in the announcement thread when we pick which picture to use. She was a perfect model and we have lots of choices). It's all we have so far and I am obsessed with them. I have looked at them multiple times already this morning. It will be hard not to keep shopping now that I have started but we still have a lot to research in terms of the bigger stuff.  
  • Got a few big ticket items on our registries but haven't actually purchased anything yet. 
  • Like @NatashaSprout , our kids are older and we have nothing left from their baby days. We also are moving into a rather small rental next week, so I'm not sure where I'm going to put ANY baby things. I'm sure I'll start shopping soon after we move though 
  • MeetherMeether member
    This is my third girl so I have everything. I keep my eyes out for consumables like diapers and so on. I also have a list of items I need to get for the Fall so that I can cross things off of list and not forget. I have November and December daughter, so we have Halloween and birthday parties lol. I use the same coming home outfit for the girls, so I just need to remove it from one of their dolls and wash it :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
  • RaeJ004RaeJ004 member
    Third time mom so I only need an extra car seat, extra high chair, extra RNP, and a double snap & go.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Georgia 3/15/2012 Matilda 6/12/2014 TWINS!! Babies 3&4 EDD 11/22/2016
  • So I would like to start stocking up on diapers but I don't know how many to get. Like, how many newborn diapers would be a safe bet before we need to move up to stocking the next size? FTM problems.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Until our second was 3 years old, we'd decided we were done so we gave stuff away or sold it as we stopped using it. The only thing I really kept was one bin of 'special' outfits and the cloth diapers, because I wanted to give them to a friend instead of just giving them away randomly and none of my friends were having babies at the time (they are now, but we decided we wanted a third in 2014 so we kept the few things we had left!)

We have no furniture or gear, except the few infant/toddler multipurpose things my daughter was still using at age 3. 

Would have aver been great if I'd kept more. My daughter was born right at the end of October (I was due Nov 12 with her!) so the seasons stuff would have worked out perfectly. But nope, have to repurchase everything. 
    K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • BLyn627BLyn627 member
    Haven't even thought about anything yet. We have all the big stuff though except for an infant car seat bc our daughter's was in an accident and we just put her in a convertible after that. 
  • justnesha said:
    I want to start. But everyone is telling me no. 
    Tell them to kiss it! Do what you want! It helps you bond with your baby anyway. 

Everything I have so far is hand-me-downs. Got the crib from a cousin, my mom bought me the stroller car seat travel system already (there was a good sale) and she has a pack n play at her house. Tomorrow DH is picking up a swing and bouncy seat someone is giving us. As far as things I've bought....tonight I bought a frame for one of our sonogram pics. That's it so far lol
  • lenacoilbovlenacoilbov member
    edited May 2016
    @SpiritYell0905 I heard that many stores will exchange small sized boxes for larger ones so I think you'll be good either way!
  • Keeping an eye out for deals. There was a great one for Black Friday for a Britax B-Agile travel system, so we actually bought that my last pregnancy and kept it even though I had a loss. We have a few other little things, but we'll wait and see what people give us at a baby shower if we have one before we go too crazy. 

BFP #1 10/30/15 MMC found 11/30/15 D&C 12/11/15 EDD 7/9/16
    BFP #2  3/21/16    Nora Mae born 12/6/16
    BFP #3 11/27/20    EDD 8/6/21
    healing comes in waves, and maybe today the wave hits the rocks and that’s ok, that’s ok, darling. you are still healing, you are still healing- Ijeoma Umebinyuo, be gentle with yourself

• I've bought a few clothing items on sale. We have a lot of stuff from the first but still need a new car seat, some kind of sleeping rock and play and I'm debating the stroller...

second boy-but I'm buying clothing I see on sale if I love it. The boys will be a few months birth month wise so a lot of what we have should work for the new one. 
  • I bought a onesie? Haha. I'm still intent on setting up DD1's big girl room first. We really don't need much, she's only 2 and they're both girls. Plus since she was born our friends have had kids, so they have things we can borrow if we don't have it.

I will need outfits because the season is different, but my sister is insisting on throwing a sprinkle, so I'll probably get clothes then :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm picking up a free bouncer and a free boppy newborn lounger from a FB swap site tomorrow. Yessss. Now I can have a bouncer for upstairs and downstairs. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • We bought our first big item today. Pottery Barn Kids was having a 25% off sale, so I bought the gliding chair we liked. I'm glad we did because it's an 8 - 10 week ship time, so we won't get it until August anyway. I'm hoping to have the nursery all set up by end of September, so getting furniture in August will be good timing.
  • Piggy bank! We'll, it's actually a lamb, but still. I saw it at Chapters here, but I didn't get it before the stores sold out. When we were away last week I found one there. DH told me I had to get it, because I regretted not picking it up before.

It's a little sentimental for me being a lamb...my grandparents had a farm and we always bottle-fed the orphans. Some of my favorite childhood memories. They sold the farm a few years ago, we won't be able to do it with our kids. 
  • jenesiso said:
    justnesha said:
    I want to start. But everyone is telling me no. 
    Tell them to kiss it! Do what you want! It helps you bond with your baby anyway. 

Everything I have so far is hand-me-downs. Got the crib from a cousin, my mom bought me the stroller car seat travel system already (there was a good sale) and she has a pack n play at her house. Tomorrow DH is picking up a swing and bouncy seat someone is giving us. As far as things I've bought....tonight I bought a frame for one of our sonogram pics. That's it so far lol

Her father said the same. When I'm ready he's ready to take me. I saw the frames you m mentioned at babies r us. I want to get those in July when I have my last ultrasound 
  • mrsjlang said:
    Piggy bank! We'll, it's actually a lamb, but still. I saw it at Chapters here, but I didn't get it before the stores sold out. When we were away last week I found one there. DH told me I had to get it, because I regretted not picking it up before.

It's a little sentimental for me being a lamb...my grandparents had a farm and we always bottle-fed the orphans. Some of my favorite childhood memories. They sold the farm a few years ago, we won't be able to do it with our kids. 
    That sounds really cute! We're also picking up lots of lamb things. My parents raised them and now we have a border collie that we take to herding lessons. Hopefully we'll have sheep of our own when LO is old enough to enjoy it. 

healing comes in waves, and maybe today the wave hits the rocks and that’s ok, that’s ok, darling. you are still healing, you are still healing- Ijeoma Umebinyuo, be gentle with yourself

• Pottery barn kids is having a sale this weekend (thru today, up to 25% off)! So we went to buy a crib and changing table. need that stuff anyways, so we took advantage of the 25% sale and got the big items 
  • I responded with "got all the big stuff" because I'm a STM. For this baby I've started doing a registry. I think I'll start buying more after we move and after we know the sex (unless it's a girl, in which case I probably won't buy much new!).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Where are you guys shopping for cribs and changing tables? Everything seems so ridiculously expensive! 
  • @lenacoilbov Check out Ikea. I like the simplistic stuff myself and that's probably what we're going to go with for this kiddo. There is absolutely no way I'm spending $600 on a crib. 
    K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • Where are you guys shopping for cribs and changing tables? Everything seems so ridiculously expensive! 
    They have cribs at IKEA that come very highly recommended. You don't need a changing table. Put a changing pad on top of a dresser and you're good! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You're probably gonna end up changing the kid the couch or bed or floor, I was told a changing table is a complete waste of money. That is unless you have to have the picturesque pinterest nursery or something  (which I don't lol)
  • We were going to buy our big items from target. My husband ended up making our crib and we got a used three drawer dresser, painted it and used hat as a changing table. Over the years we've changed the kids on just about every surface but I still like having a designated changing surface for when they're younger. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    @lenacoilbov We haven't bought it yet but we're planning on getting the DaVinci crib from Amazon since it's pretty well recommended by Baby Bargains and is waaaay cheaper than the typical $700+ sets you see at BBB etc.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TKSR4U2/ref=br_it_dp_o_nS_ttl?ie=UTF8&colid=2L83ZKX76PE1V&coliid=I1U0LFJFV9N5GJ&vs=1

Not bothering with a changing table since it's an extra expense and a waste of space. We'll just put a changing pad on the dresser or something. 

• Wayfair.com has some great cribs for under $300. That's where we plan on getting ours (and where we've gotten a lot of our home furnishings).
  • We've had a Davinci crib for 4+ years and it's held up really well. It was a gift from my grandmother but I think is typically in the $300 range.

I actually love having a designated changing table since it helped save my back and also gives us one spot for all the cloth diaper stuff. Ours is from IKEA and was $60ish 4 years ago.

I would've ended up with an IKEA crib too but since it was a gift it was easier for my grandmother to buy the Davinci one.
  • cwalkscwalks member
    we found great deals at buy buy baby! We got a crib and changing table for $300 before the 20% coupons that they offer. They have a great selection for reasonable prices 
  • We still have all the big stuff from DD (crib). I plan in getting a blue or green cover for the rock n play, and a new bouncer. The swing and highchair are already gender neutral. I have a diaper bundle order with honest.com started to stock up on diapers, have bought some clothes and a pair of shoes... Every paycheck I buy something. 

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • The DaVinci cribs are beautiful. We're probably going to buy the Jenny Lind from Wayfair and it's under $200.