September 2015 Moms
Options

Back Pain From Epidural

I spoke to the doctor at my physical today about my back pain. It seems to radiate around my epidural spot and it's gotten to the point where I've taken my husbands pain killers. It's so bad and annoying. She said that I most likely developed arthritis in the spot that they had the epidural, and with lifting the baby so often, I'm bothering it. Has anyone else been told this too? What do you do to ease it? I've never been to a chiropractor before but I plan on making an appointment now, not sure if it will help though 

Re: Back Pain From Epidural

• Options
    I never had serious pain, but for a loooong time I would get a shooting pain there from time to time. I was told it was pain from damaged nerves? It went away though! Sorry you're dealing with that! That's terrible :(
  • Options
    I had a lot of pain in my epidural spot too, it started a few months after he was born.  It was terrible, nothing seemed to help it.  I would get weird sensations in the spot too.  After awhile it seemed to ease up on it's own...I would use a heating pad, take Aleve, etc...just to take the edge off. It did eventually get better.  But now it seems like my whole back is just always sore and feels out of whack.  I think the constant bending forward, lifting, sitting on the floor with him isn't helping much!  

I haven't been to a chiropractor before, my husband keeps bugging me to go.  I don't know why I'm so nervous about going, it can only help!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Chiropractor and acupuncture. I had to go a lot to get my back in order after birth. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    I had pain after DD1.  Every time I bent over my back would go numb as well.  After 1 year and hardcore exercise the pain and lack of feeling went away.  It didn't return with the other kids luckily!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been seeing a chiropractor. Not for epidural related pain, but just for all the stress my body is under right now hauling a baby plus all that gear around. She's amazing. A couple times I've gone in their with sore muscles in my neck and upper back from sleeping funny. Usually I'm a sore unit for a week when this happens, but after I get an adjustment it's instantly gone. I was really nervous at first, but she doesn't crank on me at all. I started taking lo to see her in October for reflux and torticollis. 
  • Options
    stumptystumpty member
    I often times get the feeling of a bruise back there. It's nothing terrible though. I have been having lots of back pain just from lifting the baby. I'm working on lower back exercises to hopefully ease the pain but if it doesn't I'm heading to the chiropractor. Let us know if it helps you!
  • Options
    I had a weird sensation for a couple weeks- like strings through my back getting pulled and tightened to my epidural spot, then it would stop. Couple times a day for the first month or so. 
  • Options
    It gets so intensified by my period and that's usually when I need one of my hubbys pain killers. It takes a lot for me to take a pain pill so it's pretty bad. It's not a sharp pain, it's just a never ending pain/carpal tunnel type feeling. Laying on the hard ground helps some