December 2016 Moms

Memorial Day Weekend Plans!

What lovely plans do you have lined up?

Pregnancy Ticker
Mother of an April '15 baby
Due December 16

Re: Memorial Day Weekend Plans!

• We went to the zoo this morning. I walked so slowly like some sort of zombie. But it was lovely out :) And DH and I have seen so many of the animals in the wild that it brings back memories of amazing trips

Saturday we need to meet up with a friend that's moving. They're doing brewery bike tours all day so... we'll see how we fit into that.

Monday we'll go down and stay in another little town for a night. Stopping halfway at my parent's for brunch. No real reason except to get out of the house. I hope I can muster some energy...

Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Tomorrow afternoon we will drive to my parents (2 hours away) to visit them and stay overnight because on Saturday morning we have tickets to "A Day Out with Thomas" at a railroad near their house which is a train ride on Thomas the Train, along with a bunch of other activities. DS is outside his mind excited about this and has been talking about it for months. He is really really into Thomas so I'm excited to see his "dreams come true" to ride on Thomas. lol

Sunday is church all morning bc I work the nursery first service and stay for second service. But then relaxing the rest of the day because Monday I have to work. But we are only open 9-3pm and I make time and a half so it's not so bad! We might grill out or something but no plans with friends or anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • dmontgodmontgo member
    I'm going to an anime convention Friday-Sunday out of town, then Monday is a pool and BBQ meat party!
  • I'm taking tomorrow off cause my NT scan is in the middle of the day. Saturday I'll probably do a bit of shopping for some maternity pants. The rest of the weekend I'll either be relaxing or packing up stuff to donate cause I have way to much crap.

But mostly I'll be not looking at houses cause we are finally under contract on a house! (as of Wednesday)
    EQD born 12/15!

• beff12beff12 member
    My mom is a saint and is coming to help us clean up tomorrow. We kind of got picked to host a Memorial Day cookout (MIL is GREAT at doing this) and Mom knows I feel like poo so she texted me earlier to see if I wanted her help tomorrow. I could have cried tears of joy (and because I feel like a bum).

TW - loss mentioned
    I think I'm skipping church Sunday morning. DH had me down to help out with children's church but tonight said he thought he knew of a replacement. Sunday would have been my due date had we not lost the baby last fall. I have no clue what kind of emotional state I'll be in so I'm kind of leaning towards taking the morning off. 

Monday is our cookout and announcing our pregnancy to the rest of the family. Yay! (Here's hoping I can stomach the thought of a hotdog by then because they look pretty gross in the fridge right now)

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• I just hope I can sit on the couch and eat potato salad in peace... Please and thank you. 
  • Today, we're going to the Creative Discovery Museum in my hometown, which I am truly excited about - the boys will love it.

Tomorrow, we've been invited to the river by some good family friends.  I'm not as stoked about this as river/lake activities bore me senseless.  The boys will think it's fun though (probably), and the company will be great.  Tomorrow night, depending on what time we leave, we may go to the festival the next town over from us to see the hot air balloons coming back into town.

Sunday and Monday we have no plans.  If my parents offer to take the boys, I'll probably try to straighten up the house a bit.  Otherwise, it will probably be playgrounds and/or choosing one of the kid friendly events that the city has going on this weekend.

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • Tonight we are having a couple friends over for a BBQ at our place! Saturday and Sunday I work 12 hour shifts  :s but if the weather is nice on Monday we will be going to my grandparents to have a family picnic! They have a really nice heated pool so I'm hoping for some nice weather! 
    Pregnancy Ticker   
  • On Sunday we are leaving for Baltimore where I grew up and where we have a wedding to attend. I will also be 12 weeks tomorrow so I plan on telling all of my close friends who are also all still in Baltimore. I cannot wait!
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• Heading up to Lake Erie tonight to my hometown (4 hour drive - we are waiting until DD's bedtime in hopes that she sleeps the entire trip). Tomorrow enjoying the weather and going to the festival, Sunday is a baby shower, parade, and then heading to my grandparents lake house for the night.  Monday is the return trip which will likely take much longer since it will be in the middle of the day
  • I'll get to leave work a couple hours early today, so I plan on browsing some greenhouses for flowers and hitting up the grocery store before heading home.

Saturday, I am going to look through the box of clothes my SIL gave me and see what may fit or if I want to keep anything. Do some other cleaning around the house, etc. Then I think we're going over to their house that night for a small get together.

Sunday, I am traveling to my youngest cousins high school gradation party. I am going with my parents, and it's about 2 hours away. She turned 1 on the day of my high school graduation party, so it's crazy thinking she's 18 (tomorrow) now!

Monday - relax.

I may get a couple workouts in, either on our treadmill or go for a walk in the mornings... but we'll see.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• For the first time since I've been with DH we have no plans for Memorial Day weekend! We usually host a BBQ, but I have just been too tired to do anything. Maybe we'll go over to my parents one night over the weekend, and we're going to see what our other friends have planned. There is still a possibility something might happen at our house. And I did promise DH I would make my homemade chicken Alfredo, so that could happen. And my weekend stretches to Tuesday morning, when I have my 12 week appointment!!! Can't wait!!!!!
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Going to visit SILs in South Carolina this weekend. We'll be leaving today probably around noonish or so. It'll be nice to see my niece and nephews, and I do generally enjoy my SILs. But mostly I am excited about eating at my absolute favorite BBQ restaurant tomorrow. It's a hole-in-the-wall that offers every type of BBQ and fixin'. And everything is amazing. They've had like 5 owners die of heart attacks and strokes, which I believe to be a testament to the amazingness of the cooking. Honestly, I just want to spend the entire weekend at this restaurant. It's about the only thought of food that isn't making me nauseous right now. Mmmmmmmm

And obviously I haven't planned anything in the days after the BBQ restaurant because that's the highlight of the weekend.
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • We have a crazy busy weekend planned.  We are hosting a cookout on Monday during which we will also reveal the sex of our baby and of my SIL's baby (don't worry, all guests know this is being done - not surprising anyone!).  My mom is flying in from out of state tomorrow for it and my brother, SIL, niece and nephew will stay at our house for most of the weekend too.  In between all that entertaining I have to get the house cleaned for guests, shop for and make all the food, and make sure the BF does all the yard work.  Not to mention we are in the process of selling my old house and will need to go over there to make sure that yard has not turned into an urban jungle! 
  • We left town last night to visit friends/family in my home state of Illinois, and my cousin's wedding is tomorrow. We are staying at my BFF's, so last night we got to tell her and her husband that I'm pregnant. That was fun. Today we will hang out and probably go shopping for a wedding outfit for me. I bought a dress but now I'm feeling so blumpy that I want something different. Tomorrow is the wedding, and Sunday we'll do family stuff. Monday morning we head home to Texas. We will see how my energy holds up!

Happy Memorial Day weekend all.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• I'm off today so I'm going to have my bridesmaid dress altered for my Bff's wedding. Other than that trying to catch up on laundry and probably taking a nap. Dh has to work today so it will be nice and quiet around here!

We don't have plans yet for the rest of the weekend. So we will see. I have to get some final projects graded since grades are due on the 1st. But other than that just enjoying being home. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • karmbakarmba member
    I'm doing nothing.  Right now the only plan I have is to get a pedicure tomorrow.  The last two weekend have been busy and June and July look to be nuts - so I just want to relax and enjoy the extra day off!

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Saturday me and DH are going to the movies to see X-Men. He normally hates spending a lot of money on movies, but he paid extra to get us reserved seats in a theater with reclining seats, so I'm super excited.

Sunday I'll probably be lazy. Maybe walk the dogs along the lake; we'll see. It's supposed to be 90 and humid here in Georgia, and I hate the heat! Monday will probably be a lazy day as well.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)
  • DH is out of town tonight and tomorrow so I'll probably relax tonight and then maybe go shopping for some summer clothes to fit/hide this blump tomorrow.  My nieces bday party is Sunday and that's always fun.  Monday I don't have any more plans - hoping it will be nice enough to spend some time outside.  I have work to do (as always) so maybe I'll get some of that done.
  • No plans really, hoping to get a jump start on decorations and such for DS's 1st birthday party. I'll probably make some yummy dessert and hopefully the kids can play outside a lot.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • If the weather behaves then we are going out on the lake, but it has been super stormy lately. We'll also be making our official announcement sometime this weekend, I think.
  • Got off work early today. Gonna mow the lawn and clean up the back yard. My DD has her b-day party tomorrow so getting the house/yard/food ready for that is all today. 

Tomorrow is the party! 

Sunday family birthday dinner. Clean/recover from party. Start sorting through all the stuff in the new baby's room. 

Monday work on baby room. We are building closet organizers and such. Hopefully a nap.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• I started the long weekend early with a day off Friday. Had a doc appointment and heard sweet baby's strong (and loud!) heartbeat at 11 weeks, 4 days. Then I had a lovely lunch and a bit of shopping so that work next week can be more comfortable!
    Today DH and I will spend time with close friends at a friends' house. They're cooking out and have a pool. DH and I are the last to have a kid in the group (though the first couple to have gotten married, go figure) and it will be the first time we have all hung out since we announced. Gonna be a good day. 
    Tomorrow I'm going to the Braves game and Chris Stapleton concert. 
    Monday will be a day to relax I'm sure. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers