October 2016 Moms

Friday Ticker Change! (27 May)

How many weeks? What size is baby? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? 

Upcoming appointments? 

GTKY:  If baby could tell us, what would he say is the thing that's going to set you apart as a mom? (patience, likes to skydive, cries more than baby)

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Friday Ticker Change! (27 May)

• How many weeks? What size is baby? 
    20w0d - halfway!! Banana 
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I officially had my first scare. Woke up this morning to EXTREME and very localized cramping on my lower left abdomen. I thought I might be developing a cyst and called the doctor (because of course it's a Friday!). Well my doctor is on vacation so I call the recommended doctor to ask if it's something that needs to be looked at right away. They say I definitely need to come in because I might be in labor. At which point I freaked the f* out. Thank goodness DH was working from home. Anyway, long story short, I am NOT in labor and I do not have a cyst. I should up my magnesium. However I learned my normal -level cramping has a contraction intensity of 30, and the max is 100. Feeling like I can handle this birth ;)
    Symptoms -see above. Also, I officially feel movement every day :)
    Upcoming appointments? 
    Aside from the unplanned one today, still waiting on my anatomy scan June 7!
    GTKY:  If baby could tell us, what would he say is the thing that's going to set you apart as a mom? (patience, likes to skydive, cries more than baby)
    No idea. Hopefully patience and unconditional love. Although if you want a scientific answer, his first opinion as to what sets me apart will probably be the fact that I have boobs with milk in them ;)
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • @books&icecream so glad all is well!

How many weeks? What size is baby? 
    20 weeks :) axolotl

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope. Been dealing with my mental health so I've been away for a bit.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Just took myself out to lunch because I *needed* a crepe.

Upcoming appointments? Yesterday! Anomaly scan and everything checked out well!

Hmmm, my son would probably say that I'm always there so I'll go with that. Also, that I love rugby ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • LGW2015LGW2015 member
    @books&icecream I'm glad to hear everything is ok! And whoa, I had no idea there was a contraction scale! I've had extremely painful menstrual cramps my whole life (which is why I was on BCP forever), so I'm apprehensive to see how much worse it gets!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How many weeks? What size is baby? 20 weeks!  A banana.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Is anyone else having extreme ligament pain in their pubic area?  OMG, anytime I get up, roll over, stand up, I feel like I am ripping in two.  RAVE:  I am using my spa credit my hubby got me today on a prenatal massage.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Sleep!  I want to sleep, nap, sleep, and nap some more.  Oh, and has anyone tried the new Kool-Aid slushies from Rally's.  OMG!  Liquid gold!

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan on 6/1 at 20W5D, which is the exact gestation I was with my daughter the day we lost her.  I'm nervous for that day to approach.

GTKY:  If baby could tell us, what would he say is the thing that's going to set you apart as a mom? (patience, likes to skydive, cries more than baby) I am very laid back, silly, friendly person.  I am easily made jealous, love amusement parks, I like thrills, I have quite a lot of patience, like to sing/dance, and am a horrible cook.  I've had my same best friend for 29 years.  We met at 6 years old.  I taught myself to speak Spanish, I'm a fashionista, I like to plan parties and activities.
  • How many weeks? What size is baby? 19- size of a mango!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am so exhausted. We are going camping for the weekend with some friends. My dog had his leg amputated 10 days ago, and he slipped and fell the other day and absolutely refuses to walk since. Carrying around a 60lb dog so can go outside to go to the bathroom really sucks. And my toddler is being an a hole today. Oh, and we haven't even started packing and DH is at work. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? This pregnancy, compared to my last, has been horrible. So. Many. Headaches. Also, the pressure on my pelvic area and tailbone is unreal. This symptom didn't happen until way later last time. 
    But on a positive note, I felt the baby kick my hand twice this morning (for the first time)! I have a feeling I have a very chill baby compared to my last. 

Upcoming appointments? June 14 is the A/S- so far away!

I guess if my toddler could tell you, she would say that I'm pretty adventurous and included baby in most of the adventures. She's been hiking (in a carrier) since she was a baby, she's been snowboarding since before she was 2, camping since she was a baby, etc. 
          Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014
  • emmaaaemmaaa member
    How many weeks? What size is baby? 21 weeks and the size of a pomegranate. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm feeling much more noticeable movements but still not on the outside. DH is so ready to feel her move too! 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I haven't any intense cravings but I have wanted lots of fruits and sweets.

Upcoming appointments? We have a regular appointment next week and another ultrasound. Little girl wouldn't cooperate the first time to get all of the measurements. I'm excited to see her again!

GTKY:  If baby could tell us, what would he say is the thing that's going to set you apart as a mom? (patience, likes to skydive, cries more than baby) I'll have to think on this one. Hmmm. I'm not sure. 
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• How many weeks? What size is baby?  19+1 and he/she is the size of a hedgehog.

Rants/Raves/Questions? How do you guys keep yourself from freaking out about baby?
    I mean in the sense that I am constantly worried.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Morning sickness is back e.e. Also, SO is starting to come down from being super emotional all the time but he still questions everything from is that ok for you to do/eat to do you think the baby is going to want to play sports i suspect he is going to be nesting more than me tbh lol.

Upcoming appointments? AS/Fundal measurements (I feel like I've been waiting forever, 4 days to go :))

Probably, wow moms a huge nerd. I'd like to think being a CNA before taught me to patient and more considerate and I can tell you I do cry more than a baby lmao.

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • How many weeks? What size is baby? 21 weeks!  Baby is the size of a Chipotle burrito!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I can hardly wait for my H to feel baby too!  Other than that, the moms are currently in spending wars with each other and really, really need to stop buying baby random crap from yardsales.  Ain't nobody need 40 onesies...

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? All I want lately are summer foods.  Kebabs on the grill, hot dogs, fruit salads, and excessive amounts of Sonic slushes and ice cream cones.

Upcoming appointments? On my way to a scan in about an hour which I'm refusing to PGAL brain it into anything but a good time so I'm assuming it shall be positive (i'll update later) so no doc visits scheduled for a month, just the normal weekly nutritionist and G. diabetes counseling.

GTKY:  If baby could tell us, what would he say is the thing that's going to set you apart as a mom? (patience, likes to skydive, cries more than baby)  I'd hope baby would say I'm always supportive without being smothering.  That I let her be free to be her while still dragging her all over the world to fulfill my hiking whims all while teaching her to love the animals, plants, dusty trail, and the amazing views at the top.

• emmaaaemmaaa member
    @anna.oskar I hope everything is perfect at your scan!
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• How many weeks? What size is baby? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Upcoming appointments?
    GTKY: 
  • emmaaa said:
    @anna.oskar I hope everything is perfect at your scan!
    Everything went perfect!  Apparently MY health has gone to crap with pregnancy but baby is having an easy time of it.  10 finger, 10 toes, no cleft lip or palate, 4 chambers in what appears a murmur free heart, not a huge head (thank god!), measuring a perfect 14oz so no ill effects from the gestational diabetes...  whew!

And... that's not an ugly baby so I'm good. ;)

• How many weeks? What size is baby?  21 weeks! Chugging right along. Baby is size of a pomegranate, or the bump app says an Endive? What the heck is that? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? We found out at our Anatomy Scan last Thursday 5/19. That we are having a baby girl!!! I am so excited! My son talks about having a sister all of the time, and it makes my heart burst! I'm feeling baby move A TON lately. DH got to feel the movement from the outside for the first time last night! :)

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions or? Still EXHAUSTED! Ugh, I do NOT remember being this tired this far into my pregnancy! I'm breaking out like crazy lately too. I have been getting some mild lower back pain for the last few weeks too. Overall feeling pretty good minus the lack of energy. 

Upcoming appointments? Our next one is at 24 weeks. Will be getting a second glucose screening. I had to get 2 this pregnancy as my first was so large. So far so good. I also have to have a continuation of my anatomy scan. Baby girl was being EXTREMELY stubborn and wouldn't move at all. We literally almost didn't find out if it was a boy girl because she wouldn't move. So there are a few measurements they couldn't get. 

GTKY:  If baby could tell us, what would he say is the thing that's going to set you apart as a mom? (patience, likes to skydive, cries more than baby) Oh boy I am not sure! My kids would probably say I am awfully silly! I hope they would say I am very loving and nurturing. I am not always very patient, but I love my child fiercely! I also hope they say that I am creative and like to make things and have projects. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker