January 2016 Moms

Mixing Sterilizers and Pacifiers

Is there any reason I can't use one brand of pacifiers in a different brand steam sterilizer?  Sorry if this is a silly question. 

Re: Mixing Sterilizers and Pacifiers

• I wouldn't think so. I do it all the time!
  • Ljohn43Ljohn43 member
    I sterilize everything I have (all brands) in my dr Browns sterilizer or medela steam bags and they're fine!
  • Loading the player...
  • You guys still sterilize everything? I sterilize bottles/pumping stuff in the dishwasher, but pacifiers, ha! With the amount of time LO's hands spend in his mouth, I'd have to be bathing him in hand sanitizer 24 hours a day!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • nackienackie member
    I sterilize my pumping.stuff every night, every thing else just goes in the dishwasher
  • lrayaslrayas member
    At 4 months, I just started using the dishwasher. Talk about a time saver! 
  • ambercakes92ambercakes92 member
    edited May 2016
    kvacmak said:
    You guys still sterilize everything? I sterilize bottles/pumping stuff in the dishwasher, but pacifiers, ha! With the amount of time LO's hands spend in his mouth, I'd have to be bathing him in hand sanitizer 24 hours a day!

I sterilized until two months old. Since then...nah. My daughter has never been sick, so I guess it's working out fine for us. 

Eta: I used Medela steam bags for whatever I sterilized -- that included my Avent bottles and pacis. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • klbhklbh member
    I've never sterilized other than when things first come home from the store. Just hot water and soap. 
  • MamaHollandMamaHolland member
    edited May 2016
    I sterilize everyday with the medela steam bags. They are very economical & it's easy just to throw things in it. With pacifiers I usually just wash with warm water and baby soap. Sometimes I drop them in a mug of very hot water. And I have arm & hammer pacifier wipes, I use those on the pacifier whenever we are out & about. 
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    I am so lost on like how to clean all these baby toys! What do you guys do? 
  • I have never sterilized anything. :-X But my LO has never been sick either, so I guess it works for us!

You ladies are making me feel guilty. LOL
  • kaym6 said:
    I am so lost on like how to clean all these baby toys! What do you guys do? 
    I use the babyganics toy and high chair cleaner. You don't have to rinse off because it's safe for babies so I just clean them all once a week and let them air dry after spraying. And stuffed animals I tie in a pillow case and throw them in the washing machine when needed (my babes got AR so it's needed quite frequently). 
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    @amberjinnett thanks!! I'll have to get some of that I've been looking for something I can use that I don't have to go behind and wipe back off