January 2017 Moms

Food you want but you can't have

I really just came here today to talk about food.

COULD I HAVE A FREAKING DELI SANDWICH PLEASE??!!! UGHHH I just want a turkey & swiss on a whole wheat roll with oil and seasonings and all the fixins on top, including a healthy pile of crunchy dill pickles. And the sandwich has to come from Wegmans and has to be made from behind the deli counter - anything else just won't cut it. 

I mean, is that too much to ask for?  Listeria, schmisteria give me the sandwich!  :D

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Food you want but you can't have

• I would also kill for deli meat. Every day for lunch I would have a ham and salami sandwich with muenster cheese on toasted bread.

I think I am just going to have to give in and microwave it. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Loading the player...
  • LecoolLecool member
    I have also been thinking about sandwiches a lot. I didn't realize how regularly I ate sandwiches until now!

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cjs260cjs260 member
    There are these wraps in our cafeteria with turkey and swiss and lettuce and tomatos and all these wonderful, magical foods. I get so sad every time I see them.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• My problem is more of I can't stomach a lot of things, I just want to drink something other than water and not want to throw up. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I didn't want a turkey sub until the last couple days, and now I desperately want one.  The hot version just doesn't sound appealing. I don't typically eat them regularly.  Same thing with last pregnancy.  There's a picture of me laughing with glee while eating my first turkey sandwich after delivery.  It's totally unattractive but my husband loves that picture and put it in the baby book. 

Jan. 2017 Sept. Siggy Challenge - Pumpkin Spice Gone TOO Far!

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 2/3/16 --> MC 2/13/16

• I am dying for a nice salmon sushi. Just like a few pieces of salmon nigiri, with those lovely fat strips of salmon draped over a bed of rice, with a dash of wasabi and good soy sauce. Just salivating at the thought. So frustrating. 
  • I want all the sushi. Although, if it were in front of me - I may not want it. Also, I smelled a hot dog the other day and now I really really want one.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @LastMango TOTALLY!!

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Lunch meat. Wanting it sooooo bad 
  • @LastMango I totally was struck with a craving for a nice glass of red last night. Like, I could taste it I wanted it so bad.

• @Smiley-1980 me tooooooo. I want all the food and can't even think about eating it- pregnancy sanctioned or not. 
  • So far no cravings, but I would love a glass of wine!!!
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • emilyn2012emilyn2012 member
    edited May 2016
    gonetothesea  I feel you. I LOVE coffee. Its my calm and happy place. And I am still drinking a cup in the mornings (I am sure morning queasiness will kick in soon and I won't I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow). My problem was I would do things like grab a cup of coffee after going to the Dr's and now I can't even do that and its driving me crazy. I know that I could get decaf, which I'd have no problem with, but I know even decaf you need to be careful of I guess because of the chemicals in coffee. Blah! I miss my warm beverage.
  • I almost forgot that I'm not supposed to eat hot dogs  :'(  :'(  :'(

they're like the grossest food on earth but if I'm at Tiger's stadium (or let's be real, even Home Depot) I want a dog, man! (I'm still eating hotdogs TYVM, I just don't really trust those vendors to cook them perfectly every time) 
  • @Tinabelcher I was like 10 weeks before anyone told me the hot dog rule with my first ... Id had a few....and by a few... a lot
  • @emilyn2012 i started decaf after my BFP and occasionally I'll have a cup, when I can drink it safely (ie:it not coming back up). If you're wanting to do decaf (which still has  a small amount of caffeine, but not enough to worry about really) try Green Mountain brand Breakfast Blend decaf. I get the kcups and (to me) it tastes better and I'm more comfortable with their decaffeinating process. Oh, also, the Green Mountain organic decaf is decaffeinated by a water process and no chemicals. I've never purchased it, so I don't know the price difference, but it could be worth it to you. :) 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @LCartee2016 I can't remember from my first pregnancy but isn't there some concern still about even drinking decaf because its a diarrheic? I think? I can't remember... and I am not worrying as much this pregnancy it seems. maybe I will get my 2nd cup of decaf one day this weekend. I love my treats!
  • @emilyn2012 it could be, I'm really not sure. I just know that my obgyn told me it was safe to have, so I enjoy it when I can. :) 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @emilyn2012 @LCartee2016 I think it is the diuretic thing. But if you just make sure to stay extra hydrated to combat the extra peeing you should be fine!
  • @TinaBelcher love the hotdogs from Home Depot! 

When I was a kid I loved to eat the hotdogs with cheese in the middle, and I would wrap them in a tortilla. With my last pregnancy it was all I wanted! Haven't had that craving this time around yet. 

I could go for an ice cold beer. We're headed camping this weekend with a big group of friends and I have to sit out beer olympics. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Everything I have read says that 12 oz of coffee a day is ok. I am trying to watch caffeine too, but really most teas are not terrible. I would not have made it through my first pregnancy without tea. Im also at that point where most meats are starting to make me feel bad, so not missing the deli meat or hotdogs. 
    I just miss beer. 
  • I miss my coffee so much! I was a huge coffee drinker and now I am dying! My office has an espresso machine and every time I walk by it just whispers to me... it's ok to make one...  just have 1 cup :) 

Anyone else by decaf to try and trick themselves? 

Pregnancy Ticker

Pumpkin Spice Gone to Far| Jan '17 September Siggy Challenge

• I'm just going to study this post and take notes because apparently whatever doctor I end up seeing thinks I already know all of this. I had no idea about deli meats :( luckily I haven't eaten any but I might've wanted a sandwich eventually. My big thing is beer though. My husband has been giving home brewing a try and I can't taste his creations. Maybe this just means that by the time I'm able to drink again, he'll be really good at it.

Jan '17 August siggy challenge: Cat fails

• @katesmom6789 that's what I thought the trick was! Thanks! 
  • @dinozaur I'm sure there are more things than what I can remember but pregnant woman are also supposed to avoid most seafood (mercury levels) and soft/unpasteurized cheeses (not sure the exact reason - listeria maybe?) 

This is the first I am hearing about hotdogs? Does anyone know the reasoning? They get cooked so listeria shouldn't be an issue.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Oh, also, the Green Mountain organic decaf is decaffeinated by a water process and no chemicals. I've never purchased it, so I don't know the price difference, but it could be worth it to you. :) 
    I didn't know this!  Thank you for sharing! I don't drink decaf because the chemical process grosses me out, I'm not a fan of bathing my food in chemicals

BabyFetus Ticker

• @Dinozaur my husband has been eyeing all the beers I have been aging... I told him to keep out, but something tells me he is going to break into my stash assuming I won't notice....
  • cjs260cjs260 member
    snip

This is the first I am hearing about hotdogs? Does anyone know the reasoning? They get cooked so listeria shouldn't be an issue.
    It's listeria. And like @TinaBelcher said, it's where you get them that counts. Like, don't eat them if you don't know that they haven't been heated to 160F or if you don't know how long it's been since they were cooked. I just don't get them unless I'm (or SO or a friend) cooking them, and I can eat it right off the grill. I'm definitely going to have a hotdog or seven for memorial day. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• @mrshuse525 yes ma'am, except now I can't always stand the smell :(
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @colleenkevin I absolutely understand. Even their normal decaf seems to be filtered better. Green Mountain is just my go to coffee brand :) 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Everything I have read says that 12 oz of coffee a day is ok. I am trying to watch caffeine too, but really most teas are not terrible. I would not have made it through my first pregnancy without tea. Im also at that point where most meats are starting to make me feel bad, so not missing the deli meat or hotdogs. 
    I just miss beer. 
    Ugh, I miss beer so, SO much!

I've cut myself to one cup of caffeinated coffee a day, then I have a bigger cup of decaf.  I love coffee too much.  I ate sushi on Monday, but only rolls with cooked fish.  I also miss wine.  
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dinozaur I'm sure there are more things than what I can remember but pregnant woman are also supposed to avoid most seafood (mercury levels) and soft/unpasteurized cheeses (not sure the exact reason - listeria maybe?) 

Soft cheeses are fine as long as they've been pasteurized. And only high mercury level fish should be avoided. Pregnant women are actually advised to eat two 6oz portions of fish per week. It's really good for baby's brain development :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• sdudesdude member
    edited May 2016
    For the hot dog: it's also because of nitrate
  • LCartee2016LCartee2016 member
    edited May 2016
    @PattersRN ugh, I almost forgot that I really really really miss wine too!!! Can I just say "Wahhhh!!" again? 

It's totally worth it though. :) 
    BabyFetus Ticker