October 2016 Moms

What's for Dinner? (May 23)

A little belated, but what's on the menu this week? 
Me: 31 | DH: 43
BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18

Re: What's for Dinner? (May 23)

• edited May 2016
    I'll start! I'll also point out that I have gestational diabetes, so these are GD friendly in case anyone is looking for that! We're going out tomorrow and Sunday, so I only have a few...

Tonight - Stir fried chicken and snap peas with quinoa fried rice

Friday- Sloppy Joes (or as my husband calls them, Sexy Sloppy Joes, because I make them from scratch and top them with melted cheddar and carmelized onion) We'll have them in a wheat wrap.

Saturday - Spicy black bean and vegetable soup (I'll prob add some sort of protein to this, maybe chicken or a fancy sausage) https://allrecipes.com/recipe/12999/black-bean-vegetable-soup/

ETA recipe website

• SO has been gone all week and isn't returning till tomorrow night.  I've made nothing!  Just been eating leftovers and takeout.  

The past two nights I've had Panang Duck Curry and leftover quiche.  LOL.

I think tomorrow night for SO's return I'll make some mashed potatoes from scratch, and a dijon glazed salmon or something.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Let me just start by saying that this baby must be having a growth spurt because I am hungry all the time!

Yesterday:  The Pioneer Woman's Orange Chicken- soo good!

Today: Turkey burgers, corn, oven potato wedges, salad

Friday: Dinner at my brother's - NO Cooking- Yay!

Saturday:  London Broil, grilled veggies, pasta salad

Sunday:  Family BBQ - Wahoo!  Another day of no cooking!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Oct 16 March Siggy Challenge

Oct 16 Feb Siggy Challenge

• edited May 2016
    Ahhhh @annabenanna I LOVE quiche and totally hadn't thought of it. I'm getting so sick of just different types of eggs for breakfast because of my GD, but I don't think I'll ever tire of quiche! 

If anyone has any GD friendly breakfast ideas, send 'em my way! I so miss pancakes, waffles, and loading up on fruit and potatoes. 

ETA: I just did the math and I could have a QUARTER of a quiche for breakfast if I want. And just like @lauren0216 I am so hungry all the time so, BRING ON THE QUICHE! Last week we went to dinner with friends and DH met us there after appetizers. We got the bill and I got some major side eye from him because unbeknownst to him I ordered a couple appetizers, a salad and my main course (all pretty healthy stuff, just a lot of it). "Whaaaaat? I was hungry!" He just laughed and shrugged.
  • Monday- "Cracker Barrel" chicken tenderloins, brussel sprouts with bacon, and mushroom quinoa 
    Tuesday- We went out for Mexican after my niece's kindergarten graduation
    Wednesday- Dinner at church- It's Chick-fil-a sandwiches with chips and ice cream tonight
    Thursday- DH is working late, so probably a salad or a corn dog, depending on how naughty I'm feeling! 
    Friday- Spicy sausage pasta, mixed vegetables
    Saturday- Taco night!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Julia70286 , I LOVE QUICHE TOO! :)  I actually bought two kinds for the brunch I hosted last sunday:  bacon asiago and spinach mushroom.  There were leftovers for both kinds.... but now they're gone.  LOL.  
  • I've been trying to be all stepford wifey with housework, looking purty, Baking cakes and other such goods, but meal planning is so not my thing...
    I can cook rather well, and extravagantly, when I put my mind to it, but weekly regular dinners and feeding my jerks kids stuff they won't pick at is hard and sucks and I need helpful tips and advice!
    Also welcome crock pot ideas!
  • cd92007cd92007 member
    You guys.... we made this for dinner Monday (leftovers Tues) and it was SOOOO good and SO easy! We made zucchini and broccoli for the side and even put a little of the sauce on that, too. Yummm. 

https://iowagirleats.com/2013/05/20/creamy-chicken-and-herb-skillet/

Tonight we're having crockpot salsa chicken in tacos. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cd92007 That does look good! Pinned it! Thanks! 

• Ughhhh.... Pre-pregnancy, I rocked at this. Now? Not so much. 

Monday- leftover pizza
    tuesday- BBQ grilled chicken, pasta and corn on the cob (this was a craving meal, and it was soooo good) 
    wednesday- out
    thursday- chicken and stuffing 
    Friday- out with my parents
    saturday- date night! We're going to an outdoor bar at the beach for dinner to put our feet in the sand and watch the water. I'll miss the drinks, but I'm still stoked. 
  • My meal planning this week (as usual) has been pretty basic:
    M: Philly Steak Sandwich
    T: Taco Tuesady!  Turkey tacos
    W: Freschetta Three Cheese Frozen Pizza 
    R:  Spagetti and Meatballs (I'm trying to cut down on carbs to get weight gain in line so I might just have meatballs on a flatbread and make it like a meatball sub)
    F: We are taking my son to meet my parents so well prob eat on the road 
    S:  Grilled Steak with Grilled Squash 

• @Julia70286   Do you have a Costco membership?  They have a really good prepared quiche in their refrigerated section near their cheeses and lunch meats.  It comes in a 2 quiche package.  The calories are relatively low for quiche and it is minimally processed as I could read and understand all the ingredients.  Usually I just make it from scratch, but right now, I'm all about short cuts.  Get the food in my mouth as fast as possible...ha!

Pregnancy Ticker

Oct 16 March Siggy Challenge

Oct 16 Feb Siggy Challenge

• @Lauren0216 I do, but I haven't tried their quiche before! I'll have to check it out, thanks for the tip! 
  • DH has been gone since last Friday and doesn't get back until June 3rd. Wah wah.

Monday was tortellini with spinach and Parmesan-tomato-cream sauce.
    Tuesday was chicken Caesar salad wraps.
    Wednesday was spinach and feta flatbread pizza.
    Tonight I'm making a chicken, broccoli, rice bake with corn.
    Tomorrow I'll probably order Chinese or Thai food.
  • This week has been weird, we didn't get to the store until today.

Monday was salads and tuna sandwiches
    Tuesday I had dinner with my parents
    Wednesday was pizza.
    Thursday- pesto chicken, lemon green beans, pasta
    Friday- spaghetti with meat sauce, asparagus
    Saturday- Dinner at MIL's
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Tonight: Chili Cheese dogs, grilled Caesar chicken drumsticks, and ranch style beans. Easy, but flavorful :)
  • I hosted book club with my girlfriends on Wednesday and I made roasted veggie enchiladas.  They turned out delicious, which is a good thing because we have a ton of leftovers!  We also have a bunch of just roasted veggies left over, so I'll probably make some salads with those this weekend.  

Earlier this week, we had ... Turkey burgers, spaghetti with turkey meatballs and caesar salad, and balsamic roasted brussels sprouts with bacon.  The turkey burgers and turkey meatballs were premade (frozen), so they make for easy and delicious meals!
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• I need a dinner idea... what is good for a friday?
  • I need a dinner idea... what is good for a friday?
    We have pizza pretty much every Friday.