October 2016 Moms

FFFC (May 27)

Re: FFFC (May 27)

• I feel like the worst parent in the whole wide world for even thinking this, much less admitting it, but part of me is secretly happy that my son will be spending the summer after the fourth of July with his bio-mom.
    Although I dread it as well because I know even though we will have a bit of "us time" at home, once he's back all of our progress with his behavior will be out the window because she refuses to actually PARENT and just wants to be cool mom =/
  • Loading the player...
  • @katlarissa Sounds like a good deal to me!

• @katlarissa I wish I could talk my husband into it.  I buy the wax at Sally's and do my own at home but I'm having trouble already and as the bump grows Im gonna need some help in that area and don't wanna pay the money for the salon wax.  
  • I got a brazillion once, in college, and my roommate went with me and held my hand because I was scared. I guess that's my confession? That's a good friend. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @katlarissa I wish I could talk my husband into it.  I buy the wax at Sally's and do my own at home but I'm having trouble already and as the bump grows Im gonna need some help in that area and don't wanna pay the money for the salon wax.  
    I am in awe that you do yours yourself! I tried to do mine by myself once. Two hours and a jar of peanut butter later, I told my husband he could happily fork over $90 every 10 weeks or he could learn how to do it for me. Haha. Thankfully he's actually really good at it now that he's had some practice. 
    @bnsmith85 I used to shave/trim, but I always had razor burn and when I finally bit the bullet, waxing is a lot easier. The hair gets softer with time, and it hurts less and less, especially if you don't do it near period time when there's increased blood flow, you take a hot shower before to make skin softer, and you pop an ibuprofen beforehand. (Of course when you're pregnant you just have to deal. Haha.) 
  • I work in a spa and my manager does my Brazilian waxes. She also trains people, so about 5 people at work have seen my lady parts. Lol

My second confession: it's my birthday today and I'm really irritated at my husband. He didn't say anything this morning so I'm assuming he forgot. About 10 people wished me a happy birthday on FB before he finally texted me. No call, a text. But I don't want to be a bitch today so I'm trying to hold it in....

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Happy Birthday!!! @krzyriver
  • @krzyriver Happy Birthday!!! 

We we have a bunch of friends coming into town for the weekend (not staying with us). But really I would rather just hang with my family all weekend instead. I haven't seen my mom in foreverrrrrrr. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @krzyriver happy birthday!! 

I am am out of good confessions this morning. I shall try again later. 
  • cd92007cd92007 member
    I have been SO bad about taking my prenatals this pregnancy. As in... I rarely ever take them. During first tri my doctor told me to stop taking them for a little bit while I was really sick, then I never really got into the habit of taking them. Now I've been trying to remember more often but mornings and evenings are crazy with my toddler and I always forget!

Ugh... feel like the worst mom ever, poor baby! I need to bring them to work, maybe that will help me remember. 

Also.. I WISH my husband would give me Brazilians, but I have to say he loves the "au natural" look. If it were up to him, I wouldn't shave at all! I guess that's HIS FFFC ;) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @krzyriver Happy Birthday!!!

• LauraPCOSLauraPCOS member
    edited May 2016
    I got a Brazilian once for my prom and the lady left me bleeding, so ya I shave/trim now myself.

Ok I know I'm going to get some flamming, but I don't take my multivitamins - not because I don't want to, but the ones I take you're suppose to take 3 times a day with food, but I always forget to bring them with me since I eat most of my meals away from home and by the time I get home I figure what's the point.  I took them a lot prior to pregnancy and in the first 8 weeks or so, then it slowly stopped.  I suck!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @krzyriver HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @AllyTheKid @ibabyloveb87 @sjo&amp;thetwins @Pupatella @LauraPCOS Awww, thank you ladies! That really cheered me up!  :)<3

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• blaf322blaf322 member
    Happy birthday @krzyriver !!!

@laurapcos - if you're not taking the ones you're supposed to take correctly because the frequency/limitations don't work for you, have you thought of switching it up to something that's more manageable for you? The ones you're supposed to take may be special for some reason, but taking something is better than nothing. And, FYI, not flaming you for that at all.... no one is perfect and I know you're doing the best you can :)
  • I don't take the prenatals with iron because I've never been able to tolerate iron in a vitamin.  I take gummies that actually taste good but still only manage to remember 4 days a week.   
  • I just used facebook to creep on people I went to high school with. We graduated 9 years ago. I feel like most of them had/have very low expectations for life and it made me feel way better about myself....
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • These confessions are weak you guys. Give us some dirt!
  • @AllyTheKid Ahhh but the day is young (ish) 
  • I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.  Just kidding.  I've never been to Reno.
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited May 2016
    you're just puttin' it all out there @AllyTheKid  lol
  • I don't take the prenatals with iron because I've never been able to tolerate iron in a vitamin.  I take gummies that actually taste good but still only manage to remember 4 days a week.   
    I went looking for the gummies but I can't find them here (Toronto area)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• blaf322blaf322 member
    LauraPCOS said:
    I don't take the prenatals with iron because I've never been able to tolerate iron in a vitamin.  I take gummies that actually taste good but still only manage to remember 4 days a week.   
    I order mine on Amazon.... Vitafusion brand.
  • LauraPCOS said:
    I don't take the prenatals with iron because I've never been able to tolerate iron in a vitamin.  I take gummies that actually taste good but still only manage to remember 4 days a week.   
    The ONLY place I can find them here is Walgreens. Someone told me that Walmart has them but I hate going to Walmart. 
  • Alright, I may be flamed for this one... I don't use sunscreen on myself or my kid. The chemicals freak me out more than a bit of sunburn, and I think a bit of natural vitamin d is important. That is not to say that I let my son get sunburnt. We cover up, and go in the shade fairly often. But he has never had on sunscreen. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Such a lame FFFC - but I finally broke down and ate a turkey sandwich.  Actually, 3, over the last 2 weeks.  They have each been delicious and I don't regret it. 
  • bnsmith85 said:
    LauraPCOS said:
    I order mine on Amazon.... Vitafusion brand.
    That's the brand of gummies that I take. It's two once a day and they taste good so I tend to crave them. But I take them at night when I'm about to go to bed because they were making me nauseous in the beginning. They don't anymore but now it's just a habit. Check them out! I took them to my OB and he looked over the label and said they were good. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • mommym234 said:
    Alright, I may be flamed for this one... I don't use sunscreen on myself or my kid. The chemicals freak me out more than a bit of sunburn, and I think a bit of natural vitamin d is important. That is not to say that I let my son get sunburnt. We cover up, and go in the shade fairly often. But he has never had on sunscreen. 
    I slather on the sunscreen because my skin goes from white to RED and I burn just from the wind blowing in my face lol 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Guys, whenever I read the FFFC I realize how boring I am because I never do anything juicy to confess. Now I'm reevaluating my life  :D
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    Michi1382 said:
    Guys, whenever I read the FFFC I realize how boring I am because I never do anything juicy to confess. Now I'm reevaluating my life  :D
    SAME HERE! 
  • @AllyTheKid you're my kind of people  :D

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker