November 2016 Moms

FTMs - anyone really showing yet ?

Hey ladies ! Just curious how many of you first time mamas are showing yet ? I'm almost 15 weeks and I feel like I'm just in this looking fat awkward stage . I have a wedding this weekend and don't have a clue what to wear because I'm not big enough for maternity clothes but regular clothes aren't looking right ? Anyone else in this stage ? I'm ready for my round bump !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
DH: 29
Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
DH: No issues.
Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
October 2015: IUI: BFN
January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !

Re: FTMs - anyone really showing yet ?

• Yup!! I definitely have a bump but it's awkward and looks more like I've gained weight unless someone knows me. However at 17 weeks it's became more round and bump like practically over night. 
  • I just want to wear a shirt that says "I'm pregnant " so people don't just think i look like crap ! That's what I've heard though - I've heard it gets round over night . Can't wait!!!

**BFP and loss warning**

• Loading the player...
  • Yes!  16 weeks and definitely the weird in between stage looking more like I'm just gaining weight.
  • Even i am 15 weeks now ! Was just feeling fat till last week but there's a huge change within 2-3 days ! Now i have a round bump ! So u neva know things change overnight ! ;) 
    on a lighter note : otherwise eat something that makes u bloated at the eleventh hour ! ;) Rofl
  • Yes, Im 15 weeks tomorrow and my lil bump is showing. I can still hide it in some loose fitting clothing, but it is there. 
  • Ash9614Ash9614 member
    I'm 16 weeks and feel like I'm in an awkward stage where normal clothes don't fit and maternity clothes are still a little big. I think it looks like I just ate a big burrito, but it's definitely starting to round out a little! 
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 15 weeks here too, and I definitely feel like I just look fat now. Too small for maternity clothes - I've just been wearing jeggings/leggings with baggier tops. I tried on a maternity top at Target yesterday, and it looked ridiculous on me - like a circus tent. I hate this awkward stage!  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm a STM 15 weeks and have zero bump. Still wearing all my normal clothes and pants. I'm just average 5'7 130 pounds, my babies just lay really nice. I didn't get anything until 26 weeks last time. We all progress and carry different. 
  • I have been trying to hide it (sort-of) up till this point- just cause of the awkwardness. but now I'm over 16 weeks and the bump sticks out over the padded bras I've been wearing. So i look more obviously pregnant now. In addition, it really seems like it's rounded it nicely in the last 2 days to stop looking so belly fat-ish! Feels like I can FINALLY be fully on one side of things, so to speak.
  • ficbotficbot member
    I feel like I just got really obvious this morning :-) I had a bit of a tummy before, to be honest. I have been super-thirsty since Tuesday and not going to the bathroom as much as I would expect given how much I was drinking. So I guess the baby was storing it up. Even my husband noticed the tummy today.

It's fine. I always have been a worrier so I welcome evidence that the baby is still there :-)
  • FTM at 15 weeks and I'm pretty sure my belly looks pregnant, not just fat. I have thin legs and arms and a fairly small chest, so the little bump I have is exaggerated.

I'm wearing maternity pants, even though they are still a little loose. I prefer that over squeezing into my old pants and using a belly band. You might be surprised how well maternity dresses can fit this early on.
  • lrg14lrg14 member
    I'm 14 weeks and am definitely not showing yet. Without clothes I have a belly but it could pass for a beer belly.  Most of my regular clothes still fit but I do use a Bella band sometimes.
  • I am 16+2 today and in the last week I think I have definitely tipped from looking like I just gained some weight to looking pregnant. I gained weight pretty quickly early on and have been in maternity pants since week 10 or 11 but I have been wearing flowy regular shirts to avoid the weight gain/pregnancy question. In the last week I have embraced the bump and have been wearing more fitted shirts to show it off. I'll probably start transitioning into maternity shirts in the next few weeks since my shirts are starting to ride up my belly a bit.
  • I already had a substantial slab of blubber on my belly before I got pregnant, so the bump might be hiding behind it, who knows. It'll be nice once I really look pregnant so I have some excuse to be overweight lol
  • 16+4 and definitely showing.  There's no hiding it anymore. 
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Mine is showing, but I often feel like I probably just look like I'm gaining weight to others. I can see it so much from above, but I think it's less noticeable to others than it feels. 
  • I'm 15+2 and am a combination of looking fat slash definitely starting to show, so I'm just accentuating the bump by wearing form-fitting clothes so you can tell it's not just a burrito baby but a human baby
  • I'm 14 weeks with twins today and I am definitely looking pregnant I'm on the tall and skiny side so that helps. Love looking in the mirror when ever I pass one. I'm a little obsessed with my bump.
  • I can feel a bump, but it's not noticeable to others yet. I'm 16 wks 4 days. Before I got pregnant, I lost 25 pounds, so it just seems like I've put some of those pounds back when I've actually lost 3 more pounds in the past month. 
  • 3rd time mom but I'll answer anyway. 16 weeks tomorrow and I'm not showing. i am wearing almost all my regular clothes besides some maternity shorts I found that are super comfy while working outside the house. 
  • loko08loko08 member
    Not showing yet - except for in the afternoon when I get SUPER bloated. Which I don't count. I'm in maternity clothes already (work clothes and jeans) because, comfort.
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • 17 weeks and not showing. Still wearing regular clothes although some pants are a bit tight at the end of the day. Bras are getting pretty uncomfortable though. I bought some maternity bras, but they're a little too big still, so that's awkward. 
    Anniversary
    TTC since January 2015
    3/15/2015 BFP!
    4/15/2015 MMC  :'(
    2/25/2016 BFP! Hoping for the best!
  • I am a first time mommy that turned 17 weeks on Tuesday, and just this morning, I woke up with a fuller, rounder bump. It has been getting warm in NYC too so I did wear a fitted dress and lets just say, most people are congratulating me and some people are still giving me a "is she pregnant?" face. Funny how we are all carrying differently. I am sure you all look beautiful as we are in the second trimester glow <3
  • I'm 17+2 today and depending on what I wear the bump is concealable but definitely there. Can't really tell in the shirt I'm wearing today but my maxi dress that I wore Wednesday made me look huge.
  • Just showing a little bump now at 15 wks. There wasn't much noticeable until this week. Can't wait u
  • I'm 14wks today and was mostly bloat in the first month. But I'm having lunch right now - 1 crispy chicken sandwich, 1 fish filet, 10 pieces of chicken nuggets, 1 bag of sliced apples, 1 orange juice - soo expect a bigger belly this afternoon 
    *im still nauseous but crave McDonald's all the time 
  • 14 weeks and I'm showing. Not a huge bump but there is no more hiding it. 
    Anniversary
    BabyFetus Ticker

• 17 weeks and my bump has gone from "just ate a big lunch" to "possibly pregnant" over the last couple of days. 
  • 14+2 and people are flat out asking. I'm 5'2, small build, people know it's not possible to have a food baby this size.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• I hit 15w tomorrow and my bump is present and accounted for. Which is annoying me actually. It's getting harder to hide and I'm introverted and don't like to be center of attention. But I'm a petite 5'1" with AA boobs that haven't really grown much so any baby bump is probably much more noticeable on me than most. 
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    I am 16 weeks and I have been having a bump since 14-15 weeks. I was little upset to show that early but now I am okay. Some of it was bloating then but it is definitely baby bump now. I think it is obvious for people who knows me but for other people it just looks like I have a fat belly. So it was little annoying to wear swimsuit this weekend because it still doesnt look obvious that I am pregnant. I wear my regular (not skinny) pants with bellaband and I mostly switched to skirts and dresses this week for comfort and to avoid overheating.
  • I just hit 15 weeks yesterday. I was so sick in the first try I lost 12 pounds, so clothes I haven't fit into in three years finally fit now that I'm pregnant! I have zero bump, but I'm looking forward to it (and maybe finally feeling not so sick?).
  • I'm 15 weeks and just like @aestabr I dropped a bunch of weight and JUST got to the maintaining weight point. Though oddly enough I think I dropped the weight everywhere else except my belly. I'm very top heavy so I think the weight went from my arms and chest. My normal pants are tight regardless of the weight loss so I'm in maternity pants or leggings with a long top at work for comfort. 
    BFP#1 Mar 29/16, EDD Nov 22/16
    TTC #1 since Jan/15
    Married Since June/13
  • lrg14lrg14 member
    edited June 2016
    I have an itty bitty bump that no one else really notices, but I can't wait to start showing!

ETA: I just realize that a posted to this thread twice. Guess that's some pregnancy brain for you.
  • @knottie1458416769 I sympathize. I thought my biggish bump was all baby (I'm 16 weeks) until I had a really small dinner last night and woke up today with a much smaller bump. Guess it's been more burrito baby than human baby all along...
  • I'm 16w3d and I'm definitely showing. Still just a cute little belly so I'm enjoying that before it gets huge and unwieldy. 
  • hFab14hFab14 member
    18+3 ... Now when people say "you're not even showing!" I know they are being sweet / liars. It was right at 17 when I noticeably popped out. 
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    I have to edit my post : our nosy security guard and secretary noticed that I was pregnant today. So I guess I show even to slightly strangers :)
  • 17 weeks and very much showing. I started actually showing at like 12 weeks I think. 
  • It's so crazy how everyone is so diff ! Yesterday I thought I was bumpin a little bit but today I just look pudgy . Ah !!! The pic is of my bump yesterday 

**BFP and loss warning**