TTC After a Loss

TGIF CHECK IN May 27

Hellllo, lovelies!

What's happening this weekend? Anyone trying anything new? Are we still doing this check-in?
Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
TTC  09/15
*TW Loss mentioned*
BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
TTCAL 3/2016
Acupuncture 11/16
Dx December 2016: unexplained 
January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
Ambrose born on his due date!

Re: TGIF CHECK IN May 27

• We had tickets to a show tonight, but I'm not up for going. I saw Wolf Parade in 2008, in Montreal with my best friend. We fell in love with the city that trip and both eventually moved there. We lived together for exactly one month before he died. Wolf Parade broke up. They announced exclusive reunion shows in Toronto, NYC and London - all fifteen of which sold out immediately. I got tickets while pregnant fully intending for this to be my baby's first concert, so rich with meaning and so special. Now here it is and I can't go. Can't do it.

DH wants to do something in place, just so we're not sitting at home. I haven't got any ideas, but I tend to agree. Think I'll make some lavender cupcakes for the family who runs the Italian grocery store today. I'll sit on my swing and cuddle with a cat or two.

Saturday we're resigning our lease! I haven't been in one place for longer than nine months since 2011, so this is amazing. I'd like to have something homemade to give to our landlord. He's a very kind man who has his photography studio in the retail space below us. Having a friend over for dinner: making a Bengali mustard curry with tofu, potatoes fried in mustard oil and a mung dal tadka. We're all three really into spicy food, so we often try new stuff together. 

Sunday we're going urban foraging for fiddleheads!! There's a valley that runs through Toronto, dividing east from west and it's apparently FULL of fiddlehead ferns. We've never been before, so it's OK if we fail. Fiddleheads are only in this part of the world, only foraged and only for about a month. They are the best vegetable. My poor ginger self will be exhausted from the heat, so that'll be the whole day.
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• That sounds like a full weekend, @reneeannemm !  I hope you do something nice for yourself in place of the concert.

I'm hoping we'll go to the farmer's market tomorrow, but we also need to go to the regular grocery as well.  I'm also going to do some cleaning - bathrooms and kitchen are up this weekend.

**TW baby mentioned**

I think one of my friends is coming to town to visit family and we're hoping to squeeze in a quick meet up since I haven't met her baby yet and I'd love to see him.

My goal is do workout all 3 days of the weekend.  I've been regaining more weight, and while I'm still not at my heaviest weight again, I'm getting too close for comfort so I want to up my activity.
  • Loading the player...
  • Your weekend plans sound lovely @Reneeannemm.

After working today I am then off through Wednesday!  I told DH I am going to take a nap each day because I am feeling exhausted and depleted lately. Meeting up with a friend tomorrow to do some brainstorming at the park.  Sunday I have a date with DH to see The Wailers.

I also need a few ornate photo frames for a project I am planning so I am hoping to catch a few good garage sales to find them cheap. If I do, I hope to get them spray painted this weekend.

Mostly just not much planned, which is nice.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • This weekend I'll be finishing up some prep for my interview (I fly to San Antonio on Tuesday) - napping, sleeping past 6am (well after temping at 5:30...) - visiting with a friend for coffee tomorrow, along with yoga. Oh and BDing because although I'm now more and more convinced that I have a slow rise pattern, FF doesn't agree and still thinks I haven't ovulated. If I don't get a BFP this month I'm going to do OPKs, I swear!
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• DH and I just got our off road pass for the beach last week! We are going to go to the beach on Sunday with another couple and meet up with his brother and his wife there too. We plan on doing a BBQ on the beach too! Other than that not much planned, besides boot camp class Saturday morning! I now have four friends doing it with me so it is a good time even though we are getting our butts kicked!

Side note on my benched status, OB suggested waiting two cycles, well I am one cycle down and DH and I got "caught up in the moment" and you know old habits die hard so we totally had no goalie there! Oh well, it was nice for it to be so spontaneous after the TTC stress and then the MMC so I am not completely complaining about it!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @reneeannemm I have a concert in July that I thought I would be pregnant at too (I would be 29 weeks then- I hate that I know this)- even though I have a chance to conceive by then it wouldn't be the same because I wanted the baby to hear the music. I understand how you feel and totally acceptable that you don't go- hope you find something equally entertaining for you and DH to do. 

This weekend is Memorial Day weekend to all the canadians here- so DH and I are going up north tomorrow until Monday. DH wants to drive around the coast of MI and take pictures off the lake. I hope to do some wine tasting and just walk around and enjoy the weather- Hopefully no rain like it says in the forecast!
  • Oh, and only listening to Chance the Rapper's Coloring Book. @BornReady have you listened yet?? It's a revelation; legit goosebumps all the way through.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekends.
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• Everyone's got lovely weekend plans, both in and out of bed. :smile: 

As mentioned in another thread, we had a close relative pass away early this morning, so this weekend will be a bit of a downer. Nonetheless, we are committed to celebrating a friend's birthday by going out to dinner and then to Escape Chambers as part of a large group. I think it'll be a nice distraction. We literally committed by having paid for EC ahead of time, so we'll force ourselves to be distracted if needed. The rest of the long weekend will be spent relaxing, cleaning, and more distraction from sadness.
  • DH is apparently going to be home late tonight instead of sometime tomorrow but I think either way the plans are just working on the kitchen at the new place so we can move in. Not fun at all lol so I wish I could come up with some sort of small fun activity for us to fit in, too, but finding AF exhausting so who knows. Moving forward is a good thing tho, I can't wait to be finally moved so it's a means to an end. A fresh start will feel nice and the location is very peaceful :)
  • 32 people coming over to our new house for a BBQ and 10 of them spending the night! So lots of food shopping, cooking, drinking and lawn games in my future. And maybe cap the nights
    off with smores and a fire :) 
    Even though my progesterone numbers were miserably low on CD 23, I'm now on CD 36 with no AF and felt like I needed to be 100% sure before drinking this weekend. Of course BFN...why does it suck so much to see it even if you're pretty much certain it's gonna be negative anyway?! Ugh
    Happy weekend everyone!

DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• This weekend is more call before my trip to NY to see my family, but I'm not complaining since I can use the gas $. Finally had our endocrine appt this morning and I'm benched for an additional 2 months (Doc thinks I have postpartum thyroiditis rather than Graves Disease). So uh, hurry up and wait. And bring on the wine. A huge exercise in patience. But I'm grateful really, that DH has a better understanding of what's going on, and I can drink for my upcoming trip....

@Snobunniemel good luck with the BD!!! Ha ha!! Great pics!!
    @reneeannemm you had me at "lavender cupcakes" nom nom
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    @lilylover27 yay for the beach- we are heading to cape cod in a few weeks with my parents who rent the same house for the middle 2 weeks in June every year- we haven't been in 2 years- 2014 was our wedding, and last summer I was studying for the bar. 

@SnobunnieMel
    You win life with that post- thanks for cracking me up!

We continue the hellish process of getting the house ready to sell- We are having it photographed Tuesday, and signing the agreement with our realtor on Wednesday.  It's bittersweet- I thought I'd still be pregnant, and excited to move into the house where we'd bring our baby home to, but that isn't what is happening. I love my house but my neighborhood has gone downhill considerably, so it is time to go. AF made a comeback mid morning- 14 hours after I thought I was in the clear. Hopefully AF will really go, so we can have some consequence-free 
  • chloe97chloe97 member
    We have 2 weddings and a rehearsal dinner. I'm not feeling my cutest these days and the fun baby pooch hasn't gone away yet, so I'm dreading getting dressed for the weddings. The Sunday wedding is black tie at a super fancy hotel and DH is in the wedding. The ceremony doesn't start until 7 and the best man toast is at 10:35. All I can think about is what time are we going to actually eat at this thing? And what time do I get a drink? Has anybody ever been to a wedding like this before? DH is from much wealthier "people" than I am, so I'm not used to this fancy pants shit. How can there even be dancing if the toasts go past 11?

@Snobunnymel I'm so jealous of all your BDing!! I'm still on barred from sex for another 18 days (not that I'm counting) and I'm starting to go crazy!!! Because I got put on vaginal progesterone at 5 weeks, weve had sex twice since we conceived in Feb and we are both going nuts!!!

@reneeannemm- I hear you about the concert. I bought actual seats to a concert on my birthday and our anniversary expecting to be 8 months pregnant and then 4 months pregnant. Now I will be sitting with all the other old people in seats, wishing we were dancing in general admission. My goal is to drink enough to forget why we are sitting in the 1st place.

@lilylover27 Yay for the beach!!

@spartanrd I thought you may be a Michigander by your screen name! I love the Michigan coast!! My ILs have a place in SW Michigan and we get up there are much as we can!!

@JDMRS Good luck selling your house!

@dubxonpanion So sorry for your loss.

@amberruka- I'm with you- the best part about being benched is being able to drink!! Because of my multitude of random non serious health problems, I'm trying to keep myself somewhat in check this summer, but its patio, baseball, and wedding season so Im definitely going to partake this summer!!

To all those trying to make a baby this weekend, enjoy your Baby Dancing Parties for those of us stuck waiting to be cleared back into action by our OBs!! I'm super jealous!
  • edited May 2016
    Lots of laying by the pool for me this weekend. Plus BBQs  galore. Typical memorial day weekend stuff. 

I've been on a huge organizational kick. I've been organizing everything from my bag to my car (I still need to do the trunk). 

Lately, I've been on this frenzy of buying travel sized everything for my bag. (Tissues, Tylenol, etc). I guess I'm preparing for the apocalypse with my purse. 

I think I need to step away from the what's in my bag videos on YouTube. 

I'm  finally getting the itch to TTC again but DH wants to wait until after our vacation in the fall :o

Eta. I think the organization frenzy is an outlet for the fact that I have not temped or POAS in 3 months and I've finally lost my marbles.
  • Omggggg those look amazing @reneeannemm

I want to reply to everyone but I'm staaaarving and those pics didn't help ☺️ Maybe I'll hop on the laptop later and see if that makes things easier; I've only ever mobile Bumped lol
  • @iceandsnowflakes29 I travel like I'm never coming home for each and every purse I own, regardless of the size. (The small clutches are more "as needed", so they get a respite in between use.) On the bright side, I stash purses/messenger bags around my workplace, so if I'm ever out of feminine products or eye drops, I know where to look... 

I hope to reply to more later, although the last bell just rang and this teacher is outta here for her 3-day weekend!

• @chloe97 enjoy your fancy wedding! I'm sure whatever you end up wearing you will look beautiful! 

Yes I'm a michigander, born and raised. Live in metro Detroit right now...going up to Traverse City and Petoskey this weekend. Southwest is nice too...we went to Grand Haven last summer for our anniversary.
  • Me. Want. CUPCAKES!!! Those look fabulous!!!
  • Oh, and only listening to Chance the Rapper's Coloring Book. @BornReady have you listened yet?? It's a revelation; legit goosebumps all the way through.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekends.
    I have not heard it yet! Putting this on my short list of plans this weekend, I will let you know! Thanks :)

As for me, we are just hanging around. We live in a touristy area that has an influx of people beginning this weekend, so movement is difficult around town. Tomorrow the village we live in has a May Day Parade and festival. The parade consists of locals walking as a group to the site of the "festival" aka glorified block party and making noise. It is actually something called a "noise parade" where everyone is carrying something that makes a different noise. I'm not even kidding, this is small town America people. 

Other than that, we are free! 
  • Everyone's weekend sounds amazing! 
    @reneeannemm those cupcakes looks delicious and they're gorgeous! 

@SnobunnieMel loved the gifs because that's going to be us this weekend ;) 

@chloe97 enjoy the wedding festivities and yes partake in the free booze :) I've been to a couple late evening weddings so have a snack before as I remember starving before dinner was served. It may be fun getting all dolled up though. 

@iceandsnowflakes29 I'm starting to get on an organizational kick as well- I don't know if it's a control thing or what but I want to take a week off of work and re organize my whole house. 

@lilylover27 the beach is my favorite!! Have fun!

I had an IUI yesterday. My first one post loss and my procedures. I followed it up with some acupunture, so last night was a Netflix and chill night. We have a grad party today and BBQ at my brother's house tomorrow and Monday is free. Yay for the three day weekend.  I'm trying to relax and keep calm. I'm hoping to throw a couple of yoga classes in the mix. 

Have  a great weekend everyone!

****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • FX for that IUI @roxgibbons !
  • Oh girls your weekend plans sound amazing! As amazing and delicious as those cupcakes look @reneeannemm well done!

oh @chloe97 I really enjoy big weddings, I like all those little rituals and traditions that different families (or countries or religions) have, and I always try to learn more about different cultures' approach to wedding festivities. Let us know how it goes.

As for me it has been a hard day so far.

TW*********

Yesterday I went to my choir rehearsal after missing it for 2 weeks, and I remembered that the last time I went, some lady gave me the seat on the subway because she noticed I was pregnant... that was hard to remember.

Today I woke up after having a couple of awful dreams. I don't remember exactly but I remember the feeling that I was disappointing my Husband. It was awful and I felt guilty. It made me feel sad to think that my not being able to stay pregnant is disappointing him. He told me
    that is not true, and that it's not my fault and I thank him for that.

Maybe it's just my hormones as I am during my fértile week, making my feel sad and cry a lot. Maybe it's my neighbors' newborn baby's constant crying. Maybe it's both.

Thank god my mom is here with me, keeping me company while DH works and comforting me when I cry.

hugs
    -Y
    Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry @yolandamunoz. I'm glad your mom is there to help during this time. DH sounds like a good support as well. Day by day, I guess. 
  • @yolandamunoz So sorry about your rough day. It sucks when subconscious fears show up in our dreams and that's how the day starts. I am glad you have an understanding DH that you can talk to and that you have your mom with you to comfort you. Hugs to you.
  • @yolandamunoz Sorry for the crap day. I have occasional hyper-realistic nightmares and they always ruin the day. Hugs!
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• @SnobunnieMel haha! Yes that was me last night and will be the rest of the weekend. Love it! 

@yolandamunoz I'm sorry you are having a rough time. It's completely understandable. In so glad your mother is there to support you through this difficult time. Hugs to you. 
     ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • Dear ladies
    thank you for your support @roxgibbons @reneeannemm @dubcompanion
    @amberruka

As I get ready to go to sleep, I am feeling better. It's one of many hard days, I guess. My mom and I stayed home and baked a carrot cake, watched some Netflix and had a nice quiet evening. My DH had work, and came home to watch the ending of the last of our movies.

hugs to you all!
    -Y
    Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers