November 2016 Moms

Amniotic Fluid Leak *UPDATE*

Lu+LuLu+Lu member
edited May 2016 in November 2016 Moms
Hi ladies, I had the amniocentesis done on Thursday (at 14 weeks) that same evening I started leaking fluid (although I "took it easy afterwards"). We ended up in the ER and they kept me overnight, did blood, urin, hp and bacterial tests, the tests showed no infection and no higher risk for one the day after, the leaking stopped and I was allowed to go home on Friday but put on strict bed rest. The weekend went well and no further leaking happened, my worry is that the ultrasound today (Monday) showed that the amniotic liquid had not increased (nor decreased) since Friday but I've only got 2cm and I'm worried that though I've been drinking about 3-4 litres of water a day and eating a lot of fruit it doesn't seem to be increasing. I'm so worried sick that we may loose our little one, throughout this whole crazy week his heart has been steadily beating for which I am thankful. Right now I'd just like to ask if anyone has experienced the same at this early stage and can tell me how long it took for them to build back the fluid? Anything specific that helped? Did the baby make it to full term? Was it born healthy? it would really help me feel better to hear about any outcomes from similar experiences. X

Re: Amniotic Fluid Leak *UPDATE*

• No experience, but I just wanted to say you and your baby will be in my prayers.  
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Thinking of you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • lrg14lrg14 member
    I'm sorry you're going through this and I hope you get some peace of mind soon.
  • I'm not much help either but sending you big hugs!
  • shevaCCshevaCC member
    Sending thoughts and prayers your way!
  • Google the pprom regime, it's more for women who's water had broken too soon, but it will still be helpful for you. Also, coconut water is great for building up babies water again. Try to drink as much of that as you can along with regular water. 

Thinking of you and wishing you luck. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mom to P (12/7/10) Step-Mom-to-be to H (05/29/13)
    BFP 10/13/14 TWINS! 20 week loss of both twins, Scott Feivel and Miles Conrad
    BFP 06/19/2015 16 week loss, Penny June
    2015 Working with RI; Diagnosed with thrombopheiia and celiacs
    BFP 03/12/16 TWINS AGAIN! PLEASE BE OUR RAINBOWS
  • I don't have any advice, but I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. You're in my thoughts. 
  • Lu+LuLu+Lu member
    Thank you everyone for your support, I'll be getting another ultrasound on Friday and hoping there will be a visible increase of amnio by then. I'll let you all know how that goes...in the meantime, I'll keep drinking as much as possible. X
  • Thinking of you and hoping for a good increase on Friday. <3
    BabyFruit Ticker

• How stressful.  No advice but I hope the next ultrasound shows increased levels.

BabyFruit Ticker

• m6aguam6agua member
    Great news!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• lrg14lrg14 member
    So happy to hear things are good!
  • That's great to hear!
  • hjmommaplus1hjmommaplus1 member
    edited May 2016
    I'm glad things worked out and you can breathe a little easier!
  • YAY!!!! Amazing news!
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • shevaCCshevaCC member
    Great update! Glad things are looking good.
  • Yay for happy updates!!!
  • A gallon and a half?! Sweet lord.
  • Good work!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @Lu+Lu good job mama! Happy you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy. 
  • What great news!!!! Very happy for you.
  • Happy to hear you got so much
    good news! :)

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• This is an awesome update!!! Congrats on your very healthy results and the fluid build up! Crossing fingers for smooth sailing going forward!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mom to P (12/7/10) Step-Mom-to-be to H (05/29/13)
    BFP 10/13/14 TWINS! 20 week loss of both twins, Scott Feivel and Miles Conrad
    BFP 06/19/2015 16 week loss, Penny June
    2015 Working with RI; Diagnosed with thrombopheiia and celiacs
    BFP 03/12/16 TWINS AGAIN! PLEASE BE OUR RAINBOWS