November 2016 Moms

Tuesday ticker change 5.24

Week: 

What's new with baby (size, development)?

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby?

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: 

When is your next appointment? 

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why?

Re: Tuesday ticker change 5.24

• Week: 
    He's a navel orange today
    I am probably going to tell my associates this week or next. It's starting to get more obvious and I don't want them to be wondering about when I go on leave and who will be managing the department while I'm out. 

I'm still tired! I was promised second trimester superwoman energy! I want my money back!

Friday for a cervical length and amniotic fluid level check.

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why? 
    I guess smell. Especially right now.
  • loko08loko08 member
    Week: 15

What's new with baby (size, development)? size of an orange, making facial expressions....

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? Just trying to settle in fully to our new house - been here for over a month now and I've done nothing. We have zero pictures up. 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: We should do a class action lawsuit against the second trimester promises, @CecilTheBear . I thought I was out of the nausea/throw up stage, apparently not. 

When is your next appointment? Thursday!

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why? Smell for sure. The bad is outweighing the good right now.
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • Loading the player...
  • Week: 13

What's new with baby (size, development)? Lemon

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? More testing

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I am actually feeling loads better physically.  Emotionally is still rough.  I cry at all the things!

****TW*****

Saw the geneticist yesterday.  He explained why the test my husband and I weren't giving us the right answers (more certainty) and had us submit more lab work to be tested.  This time both of our genes will have the whole DNA sequence read and "spell checked" to see if there are any "typos".  If the DNA is correct then we just have a pseudo mutation that actually doesn't cause Tay-Sachs.  Only one of us need to have the right DNA for this baby to be much better off probability wise of not being affected by the disease.

When is your next appointment?  I have an appointment with Maternal Fetal Medicine on June 9th.

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why?  Possibly taste because dieting would be so much easier!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• leaseeeleaseee member
    @TwandaFTG that sounds like potentially encouraging news, hope you're doing ok!

Week: 13

What's new with baby (size, development)? lemon

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? can't think of anything new really, I hope to start eating healthier as nausea/appetite allows

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Getting dressed is becoming more and more of a struggle...yesterday I realized my favorite workout shirts don't sit quite right any more and the one more flowy one I bought was dirty. Plus pants are stupid. 

When is your next appointment? June 10

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why? I'm tempted to also say smell because I guess it would be the easiest to live without, but only if assuming that it would not affect taste since they are related. 
  • @cagirl18 I like the way you think! Now we just need to figure out how to file a lawsuit against a promise...
  • shevaCCshevaCC member
    Week: 15

What's new with baby (size, development)? Orange

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? Still cleaning, we have a lot of junk!

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Feeling better this week with a bit more energy. I cleaned the entire kitchen yesterday and folded a load of laundry the day before. Baby steps towards having a livable house again?

When is your next appointment? Several more weeks, not sure exactly

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why? Smell I suppose
  • RaeJ004RaeJ004 member
    Week:  14 weeks!

What's new with baby (size, development)? I think my ticker says I'm a lemon and my other app says I'm a peach.  So two of whichever fruit you prefer!

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? Ehhh nothing really.  I have names picked out but DH doesn't even want to discuss until we know what they are. 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I'm so over the second tri already!!  I traded m/s for daily headaches and fainting spells.  My mw basically said that since my body has so much extra blood right now that it will happen sometimes and to just be careful.  Ugh.

When is your next appointment?  June 2nd with a high risk OB.  They will do a full u/s and see if they can check the sexes!  I've always been team green so this is so new to me!  I'm really excited.

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why? I guess taste?  If you had asked me before I had kids to watch grow up and hear tell me things I definitely would have chosen one of those, I can honestly say taste would have been the last thing I ever would have given up.  Hahaha!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Georgia 3/15/2012 Matilda 6/12/2014 TWINS!! Babies 3&4 EDD 11/22/2016
  • MrsAubyMrsAuby member
    Week: 17!

What's new with baby (size, development)? Size of a Pomegranate or Onion...

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? We are having a garage sale, so I'm going through DD's old baby toys and deciding what to sell and what to keep for baby boy.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Pelvic Pain...all the time...for weeks now. IT SUCKS

When is your next appointment? Tomorrow! :)

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why? Probably smell like everyone else :)
    Married 3/24/12
    #1 Born 6/14/13
    #2 Due 11/1/16

• @leaseee I'm ok, just tired of all the waiting.  But the geneticist was very easy to understand and seemed to be on top of things and my DH liked him so that was helpful.  My appointment took 5 hours yesterday but they were just taking their time to get a plan and we were able to move forward with the testing very quickly.  So I am grateful they understand the urgency for answers.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Week: 
    17!!!!

Size of a pomegranate. If it's a girl she already has her eggs and stuff!! Crazy!! 

Nothing this week. 

go away headaches. 

June 8th for my ultrasound!!

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why? Same as everyone else. Smell. 
  • :/ Better late than never right??!

Week: 15!! not sure why that's so exciting but it si

What's new with baby (size, development)? peach I believe. She is practicing breathing and her liver is beginning to function

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? I bought a cute headband for her yesterday! Oh and I told my boss this week.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: life is pretty swell! we are telling my extended family this weekend I'm so excited.

When is your next appointment? Mid june

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why? oh geez.... smell?? but that could be dangerous. and I love beautiful perfume.

• Week: 17 :)

What's new with baby (size, development)? Pomegranate and so many other things since im subscribed to so many apps!

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? Started the registry! how exciting and overwhelming!

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Headaches started up. I am beginning to feel a little something in the lower abdomen. I am finally getting more of an appetite too.

When is your next appointment? June 15th for the ultimate ultrasound!

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why? At the moment, my sense of taste, so I can start eating healthy foods all the time instead of binging on all the bad :/

• MawmeeMawmee member
    Haven't done this in so long. Mobile Bump is aggravating IMO.

Week:

What's new with baby (size, development)? Baby is the size of an avocado (mmmm...guac. I digress). Baby is making lots of pee, apparently. 

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? I am still in "chill out" mode.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: My nausea subsided for like a second and now I find myself feeling gross after I eat meat. I immediately have to eat or drink something sweet to feel better. Weird.

When is your next appointment? I have an MFM appt tomorrow. Glad because I've been having some "pressure" that is worrisome.

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why? I think I would give up smell. My husband has no ability to smell and I hate that he can't smell the bad stuff. Sad for the good stuff, though.