November 2016 Moms

Honest Company

I've been looking into their products and reviews and I'm curious what you guys think about it. Has anyone used their stuff? Was it effective? How effective? 

Re: Honest Company

• When I was aDaycare teacher for infant room, I had some that wore the honest diapers (NB - 3). I didn't really care for them, they leaked a lot always ruining the baby swings and jumpers. 
    Not sure of the other products though
  • I have tried the free sample pack, but it's been two years, and I don't remember how they were. My complaint would be that they are expensive when you consider how many diapers you put on a baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • I got the sample then forgot to cancel the subscription and got a huge box of diapers. I guess I'll give them a try! I have heard before that they leak. 
    Anniversary
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Ugh I absolutely can't with leaks, especially at night. DS already usually wets through at night and we've tried 3+ brands. Right now we have Sam's club brand and they're really soft but I'm not sure if we're going to stay with those.
  • Use them during the day if anything and size up with them. They definitely aren't my favorite, but they're ok. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Elev429Elev429 member
    I liked them mostly for the convenience.  W also never really had an issue with leaking.  I also liked that they allowed mixing up the bundle between Diapers and Pull Ups.  
    Married Nov. 3rd, 2012
    DS Born 12/20/13
    #2 EDD 11/20/2016
  • edited May 2016
    We have used them since my son was 3 months. I have been very happy. The diapers are long and narrow and he is tall and has a skinny waist so they fit well. I also like the wipes. Most wipes are really wet and silky which gives me the willies. These are a bit drier and more textured. I also love picking the patterns each month 
  • A lot of the reviews I have read say they are expensive and they leak. On top of that they claim to be environmentally friendly however they self admittedly aren't any more earth friendly then pampers.
  • Don't they have a sampler pack?
  • I'm a sucker for the cute patterns, so I have a pack I traded for on VarageSale, and I put some on my registry but there's no way I'd personally spend that much on something that gets peed/pooped on and thrown out...but if my family wants to choose cute patterns, they're more than welcome! FTR I also registered for Pampers Swaddlers, and I plan on trying Costco brand. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Their diapers were fine, but more expensive than the Target brand, which are also great. If you haven't tried Target brand, I highly recommend them! 

As far as their other products though, I LOVE their diaper cream, shampoo/body wash, healing balm, and sunblock. I think a lot of their personal care items are really great. 
    28 years old. Married 5 years.
    DD born Oct 2014 via C-Section (footling breech)
    Baby #2 (AND #3...SURPRISE!) Due Nov 17, 2016. Found out it was twins at 18+5! 

• leighryleighry member
    I'm a target girl myself. I usually do pampers for month 1, and then target brand here I come. I've never tried honest company and don't know too many people who have.
  • Honest Company has been in the news a lot lately for being...dishonest... about the ingredients in many of their products. Lawsuits about organics not really being organic. Puts me off. I really like their designs though.
    Same. All the bad press makes me uneasy about buying their stuff. I love the cute designs and such, but I stick to brands I know better. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • CPM13CPM13 member
     I didn't care for their diapers at all. But I love their diaper cream, talcum powder, and hand soap. 
  • This is my first so I don't have any experience with the diapers - tho they are clearly adorable! I have been trying out some of the other products like shampoo/body wash, conditioner and lotions and have liked them. However, I hadn't read anything about them being "dishonest" until just now. That makes me sad and I will be researching new products in the future. Thanks for that info @seattleite86 !
  • I haven't tried their diapers bc I love pampers. But we use their shampoo/body wash for babe and he has sensitive skin and it smells delish and doesn't bother him. I also have used their sunscreen for 3 years now and love it. It is a little greasy but my kid has never (knock on wood) gotten a burn. 
  • I live and die by their "healing ointment"... I use it on diaper rash, cuts, bruises, it's magical!!! 

Thier diapers are are cute but in the beginning I like the pampers or huggies that have the wet line indicator.

i didn't like their body wash but liked their conditioner. It's worth it to get their "starter kit" as it gives you a good range of their products.
  • The lawsuits are especially about their sunscreens that give users burns instead of protecting their skin. I have tried their organic healing balm and it's awful - would be better off just rubbing olive oil on yourself. Next time I'm staying away from beauty products by a company founded by an actress. 
  • I use honest diapers and wipes for my son and absolutely love them! He rarely leaks through them either. Typically when he does it's because the size he is in is getting a little snug and he needs the next size up. I really liked that they are chemical free but after reading other people's comments I may have to research that a little more.
  • I used their diapers for a while and really liked them, but they are so much more expensive than Costco, so we switched. I still use their baby shampoo, healing ointment, sunscreen, cleaners and baby powder. I like them. I don't necessarily LOVE them, but I can't say I found anything that I really do LOVE yet. Everything I've used from honest (which is a lot!) has been good and done its job and when you bundle, it's not too expensive for baby care, personal care and cleaning items. I did not like their wipes at all though!

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I only used the samples I received but I didn't like them. They leaked frequently. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • XmomXXmomX member
    We use them and love them. I never have an issue with leaking. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• We never tried them.  We had good luck with the Up & Up (which is Target's brand) and have been using the Sam's brand for a long time.  We like to keep the price per diaper as low as possible since we go through so many.

BabyFruit Ticker

• serenaxo84serenaxo84 member
    edited May 2016
    The lawsuits are especially about their sunscreens that give users burns instead of protecting their skin. I have tried their organic healing balm and it's awful - would be better off just rubbing olive oil on yourself. Next time I'm staying away from beauty products by a company founded by an actress. 
    @Knottie1458416769 this is interesting. I just looked it up briefly as we have used the sunscreen for 3 years! TMZ posted some pretty graphic sunburn photos from one of the lawsuits and I can't help but wonder if it's user error. Those kids are burnt! Sunscreen needs to be reapplied throughout the day and after you're in the water... And it takes 30 minutes to actually work once you put it on. I can't imagine seeing my child get pink and not reapply or putting a shirt on them! 

Edit- we've never had a burn! Or even pinkness but my son wears a sunshirt a hat and I reapply sunscreen often. 
  • Has anyone heard of Parasol?  I think it's a similar company.  We plan on CDing but I know we'll need some disposables every now and again.  

• we tried one package of the diapers. I was super excited about them b/c they were so stinking cute but they didn't work for out little guy. They didn't fit him well. We didn't even make it through the whole package before we went back to the store and bought pampers.

• KRMcDKRMcD member
    I have a friend who uses them and likes them.  We've used a few and thy seemed to work just as well as huggies for us.  Plus they are cute.  We did not like the target brand ones.  Luvs worked fine but had too strong of a scent for me so we ended up sticking with huggies.
  • We've used their diapers every now and then and haven't had a problem, but they are more expensive so it's not our regular brand.  We do use their healing balm as diaper cream which I like a lot, however it does separate sometimes.
  • Honest Company has been in the news a lot lately for being...dishonest... about the ingredients in many of their products. Lawsuits about organics not really being organic. Puts me off. I really like their designs though.
    Same. All the bad press makes me uneasy about buying their stuff. I love the cute designs and such, but I stick to brands I know better. 
    Ditto to all of this. I call them the not so honest company. Also fun fact. If you type in "cloth diaper" in Google they paid to be the top result. Kind of BS
     TinyAlligator born @ 36w, 3lb2oz, IUGR 
      BabyFlamingo due 11/30/16  

• Seattleite86Seattleite86 member
    edited May 2016
    @TinyAlligator wow, so pathetic! Top search in google for cloth diapers...what jerks.
  • I'm a FTM dying to use their cute diapers but I've heard they best fit long and lean babies and we're expecting our little one to have quite a tush based on our...shall we say...hourglass figures. Hubby and I are both tall and slim but have disproportionately wide hips. Dying over the ones printed with French macarons though... 
  • mrlarprmrlarpr member
    Lurker here, but from what I've seen and heard from my LO and friends and family, diapers are mainly trial and error.  We use Honest for the convenience and because they were the only brand we tried that DIDN'T leak, but they didn't work for a coworker.  One of my best friends uses Honest, another uses Luvs, and a third uses Huggies. Just gotta see what works for your baby's bum.
  • mz628mz628 member
    I have been using their diapers since ds was a nb and he's 2. I've never had a leak issue or diaper rash so I love them.

I use their soap, hand sanitizer, and butt wash, but wasn't a fan of the other products, especially the sunscreen. 
  • MeetherMeether member
    I like their diaper prints! So I buy them for the girls just because they are cute. My second daughter did have some sensitivity to the honest brand and most other brand diapers though. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
  • We don't do any of their subscriptions but we did pick up some of their sunscreen at Costco the other day (the SPF 50, not the 30 which caused all the problems last year). DD and I have sensitive skin and I've been pleasantly surprised with it. DD was out at the zoo all day the other day in 89 degree weather - no reapplication and no burns. And she's white as a ghost. We normally use Nature's gate which also works well for us, but this was cheaper!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • TwandaFTG said:
    We never tried them.  We had good luck with the Up & Up (which is Target's brand) and have been using the Sam's brand for a long time.  We like to keep the price per diaper as low as possible since we go through so many.
    I LOVE Sam's Club diapers, that's what we normally use unless we run out before we get back to Sam's (different town). They are so soft and absorbent!
  • We love them.  But NOT the overnights.  We have used it for probably a year and a half with our almost three year old.  We used to use pampers swaddlers.  I like that these don't smell like chemicals and are so frigging cute.  Our's don't leak (girl if that matters).  Plus I'm lazy and hated going to the store.
    4 years TTC including countless tests, 2 surgeries, and one failed IUI
    Scheduled IVF for April 2013--SURPRISE, don't need it! DD Born 9/7/13 
    Ectopic pregnancy Sep/Oct 2014 ended in surgery, and many trips to the ER
    Miracle #3: EDD 11/28/16

• N15 lurker....
    We use the overnight diapers with our 7 month old.  He's about 20 lbs and should be in size 3, but they seem somewhat snug.  We went up to size 4.  They fit fine.  We've been using them for about a month.  3 nights ago, he's been waking up wet.  I called Honest Co this morning and they are sending a new pack size 5 for us to try out.  We'll see how these work...