December 2016 Moms
Options

Moms of Multiples 5.23.16

How far along are you/due date?

Symptoms?

What appointments do you having coming up?  

Have you purchased anything yet?

Rants/Raves:

Questions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

Re: Moms of Multiples 5.23.16

• Options
    How far along are you/due date? 10 w 5d 

Symptoms?  Horrible neck pain.  I need a massage.  RLP, nausea, food aversions. 

What appointments do you having coming up?  I have my synchronicity and my NT scan at MFM on June 8.  I also see my regular OB that day. Seems like overkill but whatever.  

Have you purchased anything yet?  Bought 2 car seats yesterday and the matching double stroller.  Only 3 large purchases left: minivan, monitor with 3 cameras and cribs/mattresses.  

Rants/Raves: DS has a mystery illness that I'm hoping like all hell I don't catch.  He is miserable and it seems viral so far so debating a trip to the doc.  

Questions? Has anyone decided what you're doing for delivery?  I had a very complicated end of PG with DS and I feel like my docs are leaning me towards another cesarian.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    How far along are you/due date? 12 weeks tomorrow!!

Symptoms?  I've had tension headaches for he past few days and have been really tired. Also it's allergy season here and the only drugs that work all the time for me are on the no list. Super fun!

What appointments do you having coming up?  I have 12 week appt and ultrasound in Thursday afternoon and I can hardly wait!!

Have you purchased anything yet?  Not a damn thing!  I need to get on it!  We have been putting aside a ton of extra cash, though, since original plan was one baby!  We'll be spending all summer long!  

Rants/Raves: work is dumb and I'm over it. My manager resigned about a month ago, so one of my peers and I have been covering his duties. A different peer just got promoted last week, and I'm now covering his stuff too. Long, stressful days lately!  Doing my best to take it one day at a time. 

Questions? nothing really. I mean there are a ton of questions, FTM and all. But nothing specific. I just can't wait to tell people at work so I can deess normal rather than trying to conceal the blimp I've got going!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @DiFazette  what stroller/car seats did you go with?  And you are on your game!!  I'm super impressed...I'm indecisive but know that has to come to an end soon!!
  • Options
    AmecseyAmecsey member
    Minivan... The ultimate dilemma! I have a tiny Corolla, and we have two dogs which means I need to trade up for an suv or minivan, but my husband is totally against minivans. They sound so wonderful to me!

i have been pretty indecisive about everything lately. My mom is painting the nursery for me this weekend while I am away so I don't breathe in the fumes, but other than that I haven't prepared yet. Pinterest is the best and worst app ever. Too many nursery ideas, how am I supposed to choose?

i am 8 weeks, so still have a little bit before I feel like I am in the clear. Does anyone else feel like time is going by slowly now that you are pregnant?

and I agree that work is dumb! I am trying to stay focused though!
  • Options
    DiFazetteDiFazette member
    edited May 2016
    KateH1216 said:
    @DiFazette  what stroller/car seats did you go with?  And you are on your game!!  I'm super impressed...I'm indecisive but know that has to come to an end soon!!
    @KateH1216 - we got the baby trend EZ flex loc 30 seats and the Baby Trend snap fit sit and stand stroller.  It's a front/back double.  H wanted a side by side but most companies don't make them for infants (with the attachments) because most are wider than inside doorways with 2 car seats.  I could only imagine having a meltdown trying to get to a bathroom and not fitting!  The car seats were $40 off (BRU gives a discount for multiples - make sure you ask!!) and then I had a coupon from Bed Bath and Beyond for the stroller so I saved about $70 on that.  

With a 3 year old at home, I went to BRU by myself a few weeks ago, registered for all the things we need (most were needs) and we save money each paycheck.  When we have enough we buy items off the registry.  Trying to get the big stuff done early - it eliminates stress for me.  Next is a monitor, then cribs/mattresses.  Then a vehicle. 

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    @Amecsey - I was against a minivan until I looked at price tags.  I have a toddler already so I need 3 car seats plus room for all their stuff.  A 3 row SUV is SO MUCH more expensive than a minivan.  By like $10-15k! Plus everyone I know with 3+ kids says they have no room in the trunk.  To each their own but your H may change his mind when he sees the price difference... Maybe not - but it sure swayed us ;-)

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    How far along are you/due date? 11 weeks 

Symptoms? My morning sickness has eased up thank goodness. I'm getting down the dumps easier and have to force myself to not lay around. Still having really bad back aches but baby B is far on my back so i think thats the reason 

What appointments do you having coming up?  Saw doc and the babies on May 23rd. It was so awesome. Baby A was rolling around and looking like it was waving. Baby B was more chill and just hanging out. Don't go back until June 20. They are going to do the Doppler and as long as both heartbeats are found then no ultrasound again until I am 20 weeks :(

Have you purchased anything yet? Couple of baby shoes which I used for my twin announcement. I need to start. 

Rants/Raves: My mom posted pictures of my ultrasound which really upset me. I am weird about what I share on social media and it felt like an intrusion. She took it down when I asked but it was a fight with her. 

Questions? Nothing yet. Just ready to know what set I am having. Hoping for boy girl or boy boy. 

** we annocued our Twins to everyone. My 8 year old daughter was so excited. 

** I am leaning towards c-section for delivery. Just seems easier but if they are both flipped the right way my doctor really wants to deliver naturally. Easy for him to say!!!
  • Options
    TollerToller member
    @Amecsey I feel your pain!! I'm 8w4d and time is moving SO SLOW....... we have an ultrasound on friday to make sure everyone is still there...... I feel like I can't truly embrace the whole "twin thing" until I see them both again.......and even when we see them- maybe not until 12 weeks will I relax gah!!

@jazminlee- I think the c-sections are easier in some ways- but the giant hole in your stomach can be trouble too :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you/due date? just about 10 weeks, due date 12/22. I feel like it's a fake due date since there's no way they'll be in there for 40 weeks. Thanksgiving time is what the doctor said is more likely, so that's what I'm preparing for :)

Symptoms? nausea, can't keep anything down...& I had some brown spotting last night which scared me half to death. I called my RE and they said it's normal with some of the prescriptions I'm taking. 

What appointments do you having coming up?  Ultrasound tomorrow, I'm very nervous and hope everything is ok with the little beans. 

Have you purchased anything yet? I bought DS a shirt that says "Only Child Expiring 2016" which I think is tacky but cute at the same time lol 

Rants/Raves: Surprisingly nothing comes to mind right now :) 

Questions?

@Amecsey time is crawling by for me as well! Its so painful lol I'm sure once DS is out of school for the summer it'll go by fast, we try to stay pretty busy during his vacation 

@DiFazette I'm really hoping to avoid a c-section, but that falls to second place when it comes to what is best for the babies...Whatever way they come out, I just want them to be healthy. C-sections scare me to be honest, I've watched too much TLC. 

@jazzminlee ummm your mother sounds like my MIL, I think some people just don't understand the social media etiquette. My MIL shares everything I post on Facebook, and it's super annoying. BIL just had his first baby last week and MIL posted "I am a grandma" as soon as he called her, even though he asked her not to. 

Car talk: DH is trying to convince me to trade in my Tahoe (we just got last year and I consider it brand new still) for an extended SUV. His dream car is an Escalade and I told him absolutely not, the extended ones are incredibly, unbelievably expensive! 
    But like @DiFazette said, I can definitely see 3 kids being tight in my SUV, even though it's "big". Trunk space will disappear with the backseat up. We also have two big pits, so I'm not sure where they will go once the babies are here. Maybe on the roof :blush: 

4/15/16: Beta 379, 4/18/16: Beta 1358! 
    5/2/16: 2 heartbeats  <3  <3
    5/11/16: Baby A hb180, Baby B hb166 

Due 12/22/16 with two! 

• Options
    AmecseyAmecsey member
    @Toller02 I was thinking the same thing about seeing them again. It still feels like a dream, maybe more so because I'm not showing at all yet either. Plus I just really want to see them again! 

@jazzminlee As far as the people sharing your business, I think there will always be people that don't respect it. In my case it is my MIL, and I explicitly told her to not tell anyone until we got through the 8wk ultrasound, and I was at her house for a dinner and people were coming up to me saying congratulations. So basically I have learned that if it is important to me, she needs to be the last person told before I am ready for everyone to know. I am also trying not to stress out too much or let that stuff bother me because in the long run, I'm glad she is excited, and I will need her help when the two babies come. 

Have te my next appointment tomorrow, wish me luck. Can't wait to see my babies again. P.s. I'm finally really getting excited about the twin thing. I was kind of sad and stressed at first but these two babies will be so amazing! I can't wait!
  • Options
    My mom is my mom and I should have known better. She is an oversharer and we get into about it all the time. I know people post ultrasounds all the time but I feel werid having my insides on Facebook. Probably old fashioned of me but not everything needs shared. 

Is anyone really stressed about breast feeding two babies? My daughter never latched so my only experience is with pumping and I just can't wrap my mind around trying to breast feed two of them! With two babies do you think we will need to pump at all? I plan on pumping when I go back to work but I just don't know if I need to buy a pump right away or something that could wait until I am ready to 
  • Options
    How far along are you/due date? 11 weeks 3 days

Symptoms? Tired, hungry, occasional nausea.

What appointments do you having coming up?  None until 6/10

Have you purchased anything yet? No. Our parents have volunteered to purchase the big things; cribs, mattresses, and car seats. I was given a pack n play, and my SIL said she has a friend with a bunch of baby stuff for us to look through. We're still trying to get my brother and his wife out of our house, so we can start setting up the nursery.

Rants/Raves: I hate all this in between, waiting for appointments. Because it's too early to feel movement, I worry. It's my first pregnancy, so I know nothing! But I guess you get more ultrasounds with twins, so that's good I guess.

Questions?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    TollerToller member
    @jazminlee I planned on pumping (and nursing ) like a fiend this next baby (to save up milk- last time I got my cycle back 5 months pp and struggled for the next 5 months)....but if there are two, I think it will be even more important to do so!! So yes- I'm as worried as you!! I'll be definitely renting a hospital grade pump (they work sooo much better) for the first few months to try and give myself some extra for the freezer. The secret no one told me about last time was to go back to work with an oversupply. ....so I'll be trying to pump when I can from the get go.... (if that's possible with 2.....) ahhhhhhhh

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jazminleee - yes, so worried about nursing two babies!  DS was a preemie and I ended up EPing for 8 months.  It was aweful.  I'm happy I could provide Breastmilk for him, of course, but it was not a positive experience.  Your insurance will send you a new pump at no charge. I think you want to start asking those questions start of 3rd tri with your ins company.  I rented a hospital grade NICU pump for 2 months and it was AMAZING.  If I have to pump again it's well worth the $80/mo my hospital charged.  My supply dropped signifigantly when I returned it and started using a regular Madela pump my insurance sent.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    I never thought about insurance covering a breast pump. Called and mine said it will pay up to $200 for one. Just have to get doctors note after the birth and then I can get it from a medical equipment place