October 2016 Moms
Options

TMI Tuesday

2»

Re: TMI Tuesday

• Options
    edited May 2016
    @UponAStar16 that HAS to be just for the morons who jam them into their ear canal/ear drum and mess their ears all up. Seriously. They are probably just covering their asses, because you cannot make a product so satiable and then advise against being satiated. ;)
    Yep, it's plausible deniability. There is no way those aren't for ears. There are two tips, one for each ear. If it was for nailpolish, it would be one tip like every other makeup applicator/brush. 
    Haha, sorry guys. I was actually going to post about this as soon as I saw the first comment. I'm hard of hearing so I've been going to audiologists since I was 3 years old and they ALL tell you NEVER to use Q-tips! The reason why is not because you can puncture your ear drum (you'd have to really jam it in there to do that), it's because you actually push more wax into your ear than you pull out. It can clog up your ears permanently or even get infected. Apparently it's pretty common for people to come in thinking they need hearing aids, but actually the years' build-up of compacted ear wax is so large it's impacting their hearing.

ETA: spelling
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    @books&icecream that's disappointing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    yeah, what @books&icecream said
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    @books&icecream - did your audiologist recommend a different tool for ear wax? I see things specifically made for ear wax removal at the drug store, not sure if those are okay or not. I'm not trying to go see my doctor regularly for ear wax removal. I always use q-tips, but I have one ear that's been bothering me for a while now and I'm thinking of switching to something else.
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • Options
    This is super TMI, but what the hell is up with the blood when I poop? It's bad enough that the iron pills my doctor has me taking constipate the hell out of me, but I get a good scare every couple of days now too! Doctor told me to eat more fiber and refused to give me a laxative recommendation. I'm not sure how much more fiber I can eat in a day. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I've been using Q tips in my ears since like age 12, and I can hear just fine.
  • Options
    @MrsHudson2014 My OB said I could take Miralax. I haven't actually used it yet but just an FYI...

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    MrsHudson2014MrsHudson2014 member
    edited May 2016
    MRSCORKER said:
    @MrsHudson2014 My OB said I could take Miralax. I haven't actually used it yet but just an FYI...
    I trust your OB. At least they gave you a safe option! Thanks!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    LauraPCOSLauraPCOS member
    edited May 2016
    Okay I know I'm a TAD late for Tuesday, but my uterus feels like it's trying to become the size of a blimp! Like seriously baby, you're not THAT big so wanna go easy down there?!  It makes me feel like I just ate McDonalds and I'm in desperate need of a bathroom!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @kaessi - I have the excess earwax too. Mine has even turned into an earache.
  • Options
    @books&icecream - did your audiologist recommend a different tool for ear wax? I see things specifically made for ear wax removal at the drug store, not sure if those are okay or not. I'm not trying to go see my doctor regularly for ear wax removal. I always use q-tips, but I have one ear that's been bothering me for a while now and I'm thinking of switching to something else.

Sorry, quote box!
    In general, you are supposed to go to the audiologist or ENT every 1-2 years and they clean it out. It's a bit uncomfortable but you feel so clean after - similar to the dentist. 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    My insurance covers a yearly (maybe twice, but at least once) dental check-up. I have sincere doubts they cover a regular ear check-up. I bet I'd even have to go to my primary care doctor for a referral first.