October 2016 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change - 5.26.2016

How many weeks? What size is baby? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? 

Upcoming appointments? 

GTKY:  Name two traits/characteristics you would love for your child to inherit or learn: 1 from you and 1 from your SO.  

Re: Thursday Ticker Change - 5.26.2016

• How many weeks? What size is baby?  20 weeks, the size of an endive. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I've been a moody stressed out mess this week, in part because we're moving this weekend and I feel completely unprepared. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Nothing really, but I've felt very hungry lately. 

Upcoming appointments? Standard check up on 5/31. 

GTKY:  Name two traits/characteristics you would love for your child to inherit or learn: 1 from you and 1 from your SO.  

I would love for our child to have my husband's laugh and my sense of humor. 
  • I'm not a Thursday girl, but I love this GTKY! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • How many weeks? What size is baby? 20 weeks - some sources say 6.5 inches, some say 10. That's kind of a big difference.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Felt the baby some and haven't felt it so much these past couple of days, so I'm worried. I have a scan tomorrow, though.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? The exhaustion. Oh dear the constant tiredness. Will it never end? Also my stomach feels very big and tight and stuffed full and I'm not at all confident it can handle another 20 weeks without exploding.

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy ultrasound tomorrow. I'm terrified. And super eager.

I hope she gets my value for education and my husband's silliness. 

• I'm not a Thursday girl, but I love this GTKY! 
    Me too! 
    Just creepin' around, you Thursday gals looked lonely in here ♡
  • How many weeks? What size is baby? 21 weeks, baby is as long as a carrot. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm annoyed because we're Team Green and on Monday I saw my OB and she kept calling the baby he/him. I don't know if she just randomly used that pronoun or if she let it slip. My DH and I already think it's a boy anyways so now I don't know what to do. I didn't say anything to my doctor because I didn't want her to admit she slipped because then we would for sure know. I also haven't told my DH that she did that. Part of me is like should we just find out now? So disappointed!! Also, I have an anterior placenta and so have been patiently waiting to feel baby move. I have felt a single kick here and there but on Tuesday LO was like a ninja...coolest thing ever! But now I really haven't felt anything and I want to so badly! Wishing it would be more consistent. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Pretty constant pain under my right boob, in my ribs, if I sit up straight for more than 10 minutes. It's awful! I also cannot stand leftover food right now...which is so unlike me, I normally LOVE leftovers. It's such a pain because without eating leftovers I have to cook twice as much. I just can't even stand to look at them. I am also constantly craving nachos - just tortilla chips with cheese melted on them. 

Upcoming appointments? I have an ultrasound at the perinatologist on June 17th to recheck LO's heartbeat since during A/S they found an arrhythmia. Praying that the arrhythmia resolves itself. It's hard to hear that there's an irregularity with your baby's heart rate. 

GTKY:  Name two traits/characteristics you would love for your child to inherit or learn: 1 from you and 1 from your SO.  I hope LO gets my husband's goofiness and my passion/commitment level. 
  • waterfall213waterfall213 member
    edited May 2016
    How many weeks? What size is baby? 18 weeks, artichoke 

Rants/Raves/Questions? No more nausea, yay! I'm starting to have a lot more round ligament pain though.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Craving fruit and sweets. Grossed out by the smell of garbage.

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan June 1, regular appointment the next week.

GTKY:  Name two traits/characteristics you would love for your child to inherit or learn: 1 from you and 1 from your SO.  I would love for baby to get DH's sense of humor and my positivity.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• klvklv member
    20 weeks. Banana sized. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    why do so few places carry maternity clothes?????

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Craving Mexican. Mostly burritos

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan tomorrow!!

GTKY:  Name two traits/characteristics you would love for your child to inherit or learn: 1 from you and 1 from your SO.  I would love for baby to get DH's laid back attitude and my eyes
  • mrsman2018mrsman2018 member
    edited May 2016
    21 weeks. Baby bok choy size. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    TMI, but I went on a trip to the states for the long weekend with my husband and was constipated all four days. I was in the car for a long time and didn't get out and walk enough and my my feet and ankles were so swollen and sore. It was freaky to see them so big!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Hip and lower back pain as well as above mentioned constipation. Craving cereal and strawberries. No aversions. 

Upcoming appointments? No, but I just had my ultrasound and found out I'm having a girl!

GTKY: Name two traits/characteristics you would love for your child to inherit or learn: 1 from you and 1 from your SO.  I would love for our daughter to be tall. My husband is 6'9", so it would be cool if she could have some height. All the girls in my family are short; I am the tallest at 5'5". From me, I would like our daughter to have a thirst for knowledge/education. 
  • littlewillie2016 said: How many weeks? What size is baby? 
    21 weeks. Baby bok choy size. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    TMI, but I went on a trip to the states for the long weekend with my husband and was constipated all four days. I was in the car for a long time and didn't get out and walk enough and my my feet and ankles were so swollen and sore. It was freaky to see them so big! What could prevent this, walking more?
    I haven't had the swelling yet, but my yoga instructor said to lie with your butt on a pillow and legs up the wall for a few minutes every day. I don't know for sure if it works but it feels good and is worth a try!
  • LGW2015LGW2015 member
    @littlewillie2016 sitting with your feet elevated will help with the swelling. It forces the water to go back up through the body instead of settling in your feet and ankles. Hope it helps!

@RainMira9e when I went to the dr at 19 weeks he mentioned that at this size, even though I'm feeling baby, he can have bouts of "dropping off" for a few days or so where I don't feel him just because he's still small. He said that's completely normal for the next 4 weeks or so until baby gets bigger.

Pregnancy Ticker