December 2016 Moms
Options

2nd Trimester Hopes and Dreams

So today the Bump informed me I am officially out of the first trimester! Woohoo! I thought we can all share what we're looking forward to in the 2nd trimester. 

I cant wait to EAT AGAIN!!!! The whole food aversion to pretty much everything has put a damper on my life for the last 3 months. 

I also would love for my crazy random acne to subside. Chest acne is no ones friend!  Cmon pregnancy glow I want you so badly! 

Oh oh and my gag reflex needs to chill. Everytime I brush my teeth it's a 50/50 chance I'm going to puke. 

Goodbye 1st Trimester! Hello 2nd Trimester! 
Me: 29
DH: 30
Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
TTC since June 2015 
BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
September Football Siggy

Re: 2nd Trimester Hopes and Dreams

• Options
    I'm still several weeks away, but I second the hope for no more nausea and for a reduction in acne, bacne, and chestne. However if this baby follows in DDs tracks, I'll have skin problems for the duration of this thing.

I also want to feel up to exercising again. My first pregnancy, I was a machine. With this one, I'm barely doing anything. Of course having a toddler doesn't help. But yea, I would like to feel healthy again. But my light is still at the end of a multi week tunnel....
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    I'm also several weeks out but hoping for the nausea/aversions to chill out. Also really hoping for some more energy... Desperately. I have weddings to be in/go to this year and I'd love to be able to stay active so I don't feel like a total blob of a pregnant mess in wedding pictures. Ugh. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    juliehollz13juliehollz13 member
    edited May 2016
    This is so frustrating. The internet is confusing - some places say your first trimester ends at 12 weeks, some say 13 and some say you're not done till week 14. WTH?????? make up your mind! lol

My hopes and dreams for the 2nd trimester are:

1. Less food aversions. I want to eat healthy again! I feel like a blob. It's getting better, and I can eat more things but i'm still eating a lot of "bad" foods.

2. More energy. I'd love to work out and am slowly getting to where i'm less tired but man I have no motivation or desire to be up past 9pm. I want my energy back!

3. For sore boobs to go away

4. I want the big pregnancy boobs everyone is talking about. Life is so unfair, even pregnant I'm still barely a B cup.

P.S. - anyone dealing with acne - best thing for it is to put some coconut oil w/ lavender essential oil on your outbreak. It will heal within a few days. DH had a terrible acne/rash outbreak on his back the other day. Literally, his entire back was bright red. I put coconut oils and tons of essential oils on it and by morning it was no longer red and was down to just a few bumps that were firmed up and healing. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    It's right around the corner for me! I can't wait to get my energy back. I miss it. I have to take a nap every day, which cuts into time spent with DH. I think I can say my MS is under control. Either that or gone. I'll say under control because you never know and I don't wanna jinx it.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    beff12beff12 member
    I have several weeks still too, but I mainly want to like normal foods again and also get some energy back. I've been so lazy and I feel like a bad mom to DD. I'm hoping I can get up and around more by the time second tri is here! 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    My second tri dreams are pretty similar to a lot of others: no more morning sickness, less fatigue, and no more heartburn.

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • Options
    Once again, @LinziLoo09 - my story is the same as yours :)
    I was also a machine last pregnancy even through MS because getting my heart rate up actually helped the nausea. This time I can't do it. I barf.

So yes. I am looking forward to not barfing. barf barf barf. I type that word so much now. My MS is definitely increasing at the moment though. I'm also looking forward to more energy. I keep trying to muster it up but my body just smacks me back down.

I'll also be happy to tell more people. I'll wait to tell people in general til the MS is gone because it actually helps me power through it knowing I need to hide it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    @sammyl1221 I am finally getting that gag reflux when I brush my teeth. I am to the point where I am in and out for brushing my teeth in hopes of preventing it. I am sure DH thinks something is wrong every night when I start coughing while brushing my teeth.

2 weeks to go for me, if it starts with Week 13! That will begin on June 6, which is right after my first appointment.

1. Fatigue. I'd like some energy back, especially so that I can workout. Even if it's something low key. I get home from work and am exhausted, end up laying on the couch and never get my butt off to do a video or just walk on our treadmill. I was fairly active pre-PG and just have not had the energy. Or, if I do something... I am SO tired during, and especially afterwards, that I feel like it's not worth it. I also seem to feel worse afterwards, so again... not worth it.

2. Boobs!  They're not as sore as they had been earlier, but I am finally filling my A cups (woo!), but would love to see that size increase that gets talked about. Even a friend of mine who is flatter chested than me got up to a C in her pregnancy last year. C'mon boobs!!

3. Acne... ALL of it. My face has had about 4 bad flare-ups (bumps with at least 2-3 zits inside). But, every day I have new stuff on my chest/back.

4. Eating better, as I just shove food in my face to eat so that I don't feel like throwing up when I do.

5. On that note, to not feeling like I have to throw up off and on during the day. I feel worse at night, and for some reason it's after I eat - and even if I don't eat a ton. Blah.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Options
    I'll be 13 weeks next Tuesday and I count that as 2nd tri. I am excited to not feel nauseous, or be exhausted all the time. I can't wait to drink coffee again and to work out. I hate feeling so lazy and useless all the time. Granted, I was nauseous with ds until about week 16, so I have little hope it's going to end soon. One of my friends puked for the entire 9 months she was pregnant. I hope to god I am not that sick.
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I echo everyone's feelings on this post: my second trimester dream is that I want to feel like a person again rather than a slave to the whims of the tiny human inside me. I'm almost to week 13, and MS has only gotten worse these past few days. My mom has warned me that it's genetic. Both my grandmother and great-grandmother had horrific MS, and my mother didn't start to feel like herself again until week 20! I'm hoping that I've skipped that set of genes and that I magically start to feel better this week. 
  • Options
    My second tri hopes and dreams are boiled down to two things:

-I desperately hope my OB gets on the ball and sets us up for the genetic testing we need done.
    -I want to eat like a normal human again and not be forced to only eat soup and drink Gatorade. 

I'll be 12 weeks Thursday and my next appointment isn't until I'm 15 weeks and I feel like that is so late for the kind of genetic testing we were wanting, and I don't even know that we'll have the testing done at that appointment.
  • Options
    Similar to others: workout more, eat better, not be sick. 

But I'm looking forward to showing actual baby and not just bloat. I totally look pregnant and my mom asked me just how much longer I think I can hide it...but it's not the pretty pregnant look. Boo!

And telling people. I keep getting more more work dumped on me plus coworkers trying to get me to do physical things that I just can't. I'm ready to stop lying about why I can't do running races or pushup challenges...and I'm ready to say I can't take on more work with December- Feb due dates cuz I'll be gone! 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    I agree with all of you! Lol I'm only 9 weeks plus 2 days so it's alittle bit til I get to the second trimester but my hope is to not be nauseous anymore and less fatigued. My 7 year old gets out of school for summer break on June 16th so I'd like to feel more human by then so we can do some fun things together this summer without me having to feel like I have to puke lol. 
  • Options
    This acne needs to go and also I want to start exercising again.  My energy is slowly coming back but so far that just means I don't sleep as well at night.  Still not enough to go workout after working 8-9 hours.  Blah.
  • Options
    This is my 3rd, so I KNOW good times are coming. Haha I cannot wait. It's when I feel normal(eating wise), I can feel the baby moving, and sleep is great. I'm super pumped for the 2nd tri. 

Emma & Amelia <3
  • Options
    I'm really ready for 2nd tri - the first few weeks of 1st tri weren't fun but I've been doing great the last 2wks which, if this pregnancy follows the last one, will continue well into the 3rd tri. I've decided to embrace this as the easiest pregnancy in history and have committed to stopping my worry just because I'm not having any symptoms. I have an appointment a week from today and, for the next week, I have decided to enjoy my time with my son as well as the ease of this baby and to be happy! Like @dmontgo and others have said, today I am pregnant :smiley: 

So here's to good sleep, yummy food, great sex, increased energy, cute bumps and the premiere parking spaces :wink: 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 13 weeks in 2 days, I have these lingering fears that I'm going to feel the exact same throughout 2nd tri.

I'm still low energy, going to bed unreasonably early, and forget about exercise. I think the gagging has lightened up though! But what I want most is energy. I also caught a bad cough so maybe this week's low energy is due to that? 

As PP's said, also can't wait to go public and talk about the most exciting news ever!

All will reveal itself soon enough. First ultrasound is tomorrow!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• Options
    For those of you having trouble brushing your teeth I have it down to a science. Use a small amount of toothpaste and lean face forward into the sink while you brush. You're welcome. Haha

I am several weeks out as well, but I really hope to not be freezing at some point soon. I'm also getting pretty worn down from just continuing to do everything that I've always done. I'd like to not feel like death.
  • Options
    I want to stop puking. And feeling like I'm going to puke. And having to eat every hour so I don't puke.  And gagging like I'm going to puke every time I brush my teeth or take out my Invisalign (which is now every hour since I have to eat so damn frequently, you know, so I don't puke). 
    2nd tri can't come fast enough.  
  • Options
    Less than a week out! I'm looking forward to looking pregnant, not just blumpy. I'm also hoping to have most of the nursery ready in the coming weeks. I just have a general excitement of all things to come as I was to the point where I thought getting pregnant just wasn't in the cards for me.

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    -Getting energy back. My poor dogs haven't gotten many walks lately 
    -DH comes back from overseas just in time for 2nd tri, missing all of these wonderful *rolls eyes* moments
    -Visiting my family in June, thus finally telling them (I've only told my siblings. No other family)
    -Looking pregnant instead of just plain gross. 
    -Bewbs. I've already seen a small increase, and it seems to be continuing. Seriously something I've looked forward to ever since I was a flat chested teen. 
    -Possibly quitting my job. Because it's starting to be unsafe. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    aevan011 said:
    -Getting energy back. My poor dogs haven't gotten many walks lately 
    -Looking pregnant instead of just plain gross. 
    -Bewbs. I've already seen a small increase, and it seems to be continuing. Seriously something I've looked forward to ever since I was a flat chested teen. 

Ditto. I have serious doggy mommy guilt. 
  • Options
    @jenlynne0624 ugh your friend sounds like me with my DD. I remember people telling me that things would miraculously change by 2nd tri, so I waited and counted down the days... Nothing. I thought maybe third tri would be enjoyable? Nope. I think I finally stopped puking around 8 months but pretty much always felt pretty generally icky. I swore I would never get pregnant again but here I am. I'm clinging to the hope that every pregnancy is different! 
  • Options
    @juliehollz13, I feel you!  I have sore boobs too and they haven't gotten any bigger.  My DH actually laughs at me because I'm disappointed about it!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I forgot to add to my post... but yes, just telling people. We have only told immediate family and my grandparents. We're planning on telling his grandparents (or at least his Grandma) tonight when we see her. We thought about telling a couple close aunt/uncles on his side, but figure that now that my appointment is next week - we can wait it out until we have a picture and then that can get sent around in a mass text. Plus, it will feel more real then.

I also told my boss, mainly because he has almost a month off coming up and I will definitely be showing when he returns. A couple friends know, but that was cos I had questions and it was too weird asking without them wondering anyway.

@squiddy224 - as someone who was barely an A, my boobs have just filled out so I can actually fit into an A... but haven't increased in size really. DH checks them everyday cos I told him that they would (he says he's not a boob guy, but he is)... but they haven't done much. Hopefully they do something, ha. I want boobs!!

• Options
    @Kacie209 & @squiddy224 - Fellow A-cupper here. Mine haven't increased at all either. Last pregnancy they got ever-so-slightly fuller in late third tri, and then when my milk dropped - HELLO LADIES! I savor all of the photos taken over that year because I finally looked proportional. And then when I weaned they shrunk up to smaller than before. 
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    I seem to be getting more tired approaching the second trimester. Hoping that stops. 

For or those of you wanting bigger boobs... Don't! I go from an A cup to a large C and thanks to that I had pancakes. I wish mine hadn't stretched out like that. 
  • Options
    dmontgodmontgo member
    I've had a really easy pregnancy overall so far, but I second for the umpteenth time about have energy to work out. At weeks 4-6, I had no problem getting up and working out several days a week. Now I just want Doritos and Iron Chef America. >. < But I am going to the gym today, and I hope that as week 11 hits the energy momentum continues.

Also, although I hope it's not something that lasts the entire pregnancy, I would like to be in control of my emotions again. I have noticed a pattern where if I don't get good sleep, I feel very depressed and irritable the next day, but otherwise I am (mostly) my typical self. So I need to make quality sleep a big priority because I hate feeling like that.
  • Options
    My hopes and dreams for my second trimester is to be able to work out again! I had a SCH bleed and have been on pelvic rest for the last 4 weeks (I'm currently 11w 2d). I'm hoping that my 12w nuchal translucency scan next Tuesday shows that my bleed is gone and I am given the clear to work out and to have my intimate life back! Sitting at home relaxing for 4 weeks gives me anxiety and that just makes me want to snack on things. I'm a normally active person who loves to go places and move around so this has been hard on me.
  • Options
    I'm just gonna leave this right here 
  • Options
    I would love to stop vomiting.  I've already had to make one trip to the ER for fluids due to not being able to keep anything down for five days.  I'm down 17 pounds and ready to stop vomiting several times a day.  This is the absolutely sickest I've ever been in all of my pregnancies.  We have a trip to the coast planned in less than a month and I will have a royal tantrum if I'm still sick then.
    Me 41  DH 33  Married 09/03/2011
    DD1  EDD 08/18/01, born 08/03/2001 ~ 9lbs 10oz, 21.5 in
    DS1  EDD 4/30/2004, born 05/04/2004 ~ 10lbs, 22 in
    mc 02/14/12 @ 5 weeks
    DD2  EDD 12/25/12, born 12/30/12 ~ 10lbs 11oz, 21.25 in
    mc 12/05/15 @ 12 weeks
    Cautiously expecting 12/02/16

• Options
    Those of you wanting bigger boobs, don't. I wen't from a DD to an H or I cup, and I am still nursing so they're still that enormous. I wish so badly that I could just go to a regular store and buy a bra, not going to Nordstrom and spending 80 dollars on on bra where the cup is too big for my toddler's 98% head. Working out is painful, and buying shirts is impossible. Bras aren't cute in the bigger sizes either. Enjoy your small boobs. I am envious.
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Those of you wanting bigger boobs, don't. I wen't from a DD to an H or I cup, and I am still nursing so they're still that enormous. I wish so badly that I could just go to a regular store and buy a bra, not going to Nordstrom and spending 80 dollars on on bra where the cup is too big for my toddler's 98% head. Working out is painful, and buying shirts is impossible. Bras aren't cute in the bigger sizes either. Enjoy your small boobs. I am envious.
    I second this. I'm currently a DD and they've already gotten a bit bigger (haven't had a chance to go out and get measured recently). I'm dreading how much bigger they'll get when the baby gets here.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Maybe I am jealous of those with big boobs... and it seems like the ones with big boobs want smaller boobs, and the ones with smaller boobs want bigger.

I have been wanting a boob job for a LONG time. Even just to get up to a full B... so nothing crazy. I discussed with DH and it's still in the cards after we're done having kids. I told him I want to see what happens. More than likely, they'll go back to nothing and I'll need a lift. But, I also told him that I will need all new clothes, since my tops won't fit even a B. I just want to see what bigger feels and looks like on me!

• Options
    My dreams are to 
    1. Get my energy back! I desperately need/want to work out again but I'm waaaay too exhausted and sick to do so right now
    2. To not have to eat every 1-2 hours to keep nausea at bay 
    3. To have a normal freakin bowel movement schedule! At least better than now. I'll be constipated for 5 days and be in so much pain, and then go non stop for 2 days straight! 
    4. To get my sex drive back. With my first pregnancy I was an animal  >:) but the first trimester I don't even want to be touched!
    Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    @sonomama14 I totally forgot about the sex drive. I have no idea where mine is. And honestly Between the increase in burping, gas,  and throwing up I'm not exactly screaming sexy time either. 
    Me: 29
    DH: 30
    Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
    TTC since June 2015 
    BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy