December 2016 Moms
Options

Nursing Moms - Increase in Supply?

I am 9 + 5 and about had some pretty intense morning sickness (for me at least) up until yesterday.  Then today I noticed a slight increase in my milk supply, which had decreased significantly from the moment I got pregnant with #2.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?  Of course, my brain immediately thinks - loss of symptoms + increased supply = potential miscarriage. 

Re: Nursing Moms - Increase in Supply?

• Options
    My milk tanked when I got pregnant, but has only really seemed evident when I was pumping. I am not sure if mine has increased or not since ds is still nursing constantly, at almost 2. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be uncommon though since at this point your glands are supposed to start growing and expanding and stuff now, which can attribute to the sore boobs. Your hormones may have been balancing themselves out now and you could be going back to what you were before you took a hit.  I would check out kellymom or lll to see what they have to say. 
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jenlynne0624 Thank you! I pump at work and my sudden and massive decreased supply was what made me even think that I was pregnant (it happened when I was just over 4 weeks apparently).  The decrease hasn't really bothered my DD that much.  She still nurses constantly.  Everything that I've read on kellymom and la leche indicate that it is common for supply to continue to decrease during pregnancy.  I was kind of hoping I would find all kinds of information that when your hormones start to level off towards the end of the 1st trimester that you may experience an increase in supply.  I'm just a nervous nelly after experiencing a loss in the past.  My doctor told me not to worry unless there is cramping or bleeding.  I have my next appointment on 3/31 so hopefully I will gain peace of mind!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bickley13 said:
    @jenlynne0624 Thank you! I pump at work and my sudden and massive decreased supply was what made me even think that I was pregnant (it happened when I was just over 4 weeks apparently).  The decrease hasn't really bothered my DD that much.  She still nurses constantly.  Everything that I've read on kellymom and la leche indicate that it is common for supply to continue to decrease during pregnancy.  I was kind of hoping I would find all kinds of information that when your hormones start to level off towards the end of the 1st trimester that you may experience an increase in supply.  I'm just a nervous nelly after experiencing a loss in the past.  My doctor told me not to worry unless there is cramping or bleeding.  I have my next appointment on 3/31 so hopefully I will gain peace of mind!
    Fx for gaining that peace of mind! I'd chalk it up to a fluke, especially if there's no cramping or bleeding.
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker