Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Is this a tooth?

He's been acting fussy and will not stop chewing on everything. I am pretty sure it is but being a ftm you never know.

Re: Is this a tooth?

• Btw he was 5 months old yesterday.
  • Looks like it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Stick a spoon in his mouth and see if you hear it. It looks like one from the picture though!
  • Stick a spoon in his mouth and see if you hear it. It looks like one from the picture though!
    What do you mean stick a spoon in his mouth and see if you hear it? Do you mean smack him on the gums and see if you hear it? That's pretty mean.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • BrittaniLC said:
    Stick a spoon in his mouth and see if you hear it. It looks like one from the picture though!
    What do you mean stick a spoon in his mouth and see if you hear it? Do you mean smack him on the gums and see if you hear it? That's pretty mean.
    You can be pretty gentle and still hear if there is a tooth. You can probably just rub the spoon along his gums. Practice on yourself first if you need to.
  • EErin86 said:
    BrittaniLC said:
    Stick a spoon in his mouth and see if you hear it. It looks like one from the picture though!
    You can be pretty gentle and still hear if there is a tooth. You can probably just rub the spoon along his gums. Practice on yourself first if you need to.
    This all sounds painful and unnecessary. It looks like a tooth bud, guess you'll know for sure soon enough. I have heard a few people say though that they saw the tooth, like the picture, and it stayed that way for several weeks.
  • yodiggity said:
    EErin86 said:
    BrittaniLC said:
    This all sounds painful and unnecessary. It looks like a tooth bud, guess you'll know for sure soon enough. I have heard a few people say though that they saw the tooth, like the picture, and it stayed that way for several weeks.
    I think it's a stretch to say it's painful. My son's dentist even said to give him a cold spoon to suck on if teething is bugging him. I havent actually done it but i can imagine you could hear the tooth clicking against it like pp said.
  • I'm failing to see how this could hurt at all! You just put the spoon gently in LO's mouth (make sure to hold on thight so LO can't crab the spoon and shove it into his/her mouth/throat) and let LO bite down or suck on it. And when you take it out you try to let it gently slide against the gums on its way out. All of this wile you listen for the sound of a tooth against the spoon. If you have a spoon that are quite flat that's the best to use. Anyway, sooner or later you'll know if it's a tooth or not
  • Yes!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers