January 2016 Moms

Period started already

It's been almost four months since I gave birth and I am pumping and I have already started my period! So sad! Anyone else going through this? I thought if your pumping/breastfeeding you don't have periods?

Re: Period started already

• Hi there! Yes that happened to me at around 5 months pp. I'm on the mini pill and EBF, I was unpleasantly surprised when I started my period. I too was under the same impression. Periods suck, having to pump while on your period really sucks :(

31 yrs. /DH 38 yrs.
    SI TTC 7 months 
    DD born 10/2015 @ 27 wks. 4 days > severe pre-e (TTC 1yr.)
    Hystero./Laproscopy/Ovarian Drilling/ D&C/ HSG (2/2015)
    Present:
    DX: Moderate Endo./ PCOS/ Diminished Ovarian Reserve(1.2 amh)/ Low Morphology (0%)
    HSG (3/2017)- All Clear
    RX: Follistim (75iu)/ Trigger/ IUI/ Progesterone
    Starting 1st IUI cycle Friday 4/28

• KFrobKFrob member
    EPing and I got my period at exactly 3 months post partum 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm ebf and started my period at 12 weeks pp!
  • Mine started exactly one month after I had the little one. and it cam with a vengeance. It was as if it was mother nature's way of saying, "hey did you forget ME!" I am currently on my 3rd cycle. 
  • Yeah,  I'm EBF and mine came back after 6 weeks
  • mesamytmesamyt member
    EBF too. Period/spotting started when I got my Mirena placed at 8 weeks postpartum and hasn't stopped since...
  • Just curious did any of you follow the ecological breast feeding guidelines for natural family planning and still get a"early" period? The guidelines are pretty hard to follow if you work or have other kids! My friend used pacifiers and bottles and hers came back early 4m pp even though she was ebf. Pumping on top of everything too! Mine has not and I pretty much follow them to the letter except for day time napping together, I can't because I have an older child who doesn't.
  • Hipshaker said:
    Just curious did any of you follow the ecological breast feeding guidelines for natural family planning and still get a"early" period? The guidelines are pretty hard to follow if you work or have other kids! My friend used pacifiers and bottles and hers came back early 4m pp even though she was ebf. Pumping on top of everything too! Mine has not and I pretty much follow them to the letter except for day time napping together, I can't because I have an older child who doesn't.
    I don't follow the guidelines. I use a binkie ( when he will take it ) and I work one night a week so he takes a bottle and mine still haven't started. I so sleep nurse and let him take naps nursing though.
  • I breastfeed on demand (not sure if that's the same as ecological breastfeeding), but I do offer a binkie after offering the breast.  I'm 20 weeks pp, no period but spotting occasionally (especially days she eats less) since about week 11.
  • Did y'all see a decrease in milk supply after starting your period?  I just started mine at 20 weeks pp...not sure if I should prepare for a drop in supply??
  • KFrobKFrob member
    I haven't noticed any drop
  • Yes you get a drop during your period but then it goes back to normal. Got mine at 7 weeks pp and have had one every 2 weeks since!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @jordans_wife is that normal to get it every two weeks?  Is that how often you got it prior to being pregnant?  That would be a nightmare for me!!
  • Thanks ladies!
  • EBF and no sign of her yet! DD is 20 weeks.
  • Mine came back this past monday and my supply suffered greatly. I already have to supplement as I was only EPing ~20 oz per day. The day before the flow started, I had only pumped ~15...I thought pumping was over. Flow started Monday and is still light today (Saturday). My supply has come back, luckily. Yesterday I got 22oz.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe