November 2016 Moms

Favorite new baby products

I am surprised at all the new creations that have come around in just the 2 years since I had my first son. I shouldn't be, considering the baby product industry was a $68 billion dollar a year industry (in 2012. I didn't care enough to check more recent stats. That is impressive enough as it is)

So I saw this product and had a freak out fit. I NEED to have this. The amount of poo and pee I have cleaned off my kid's hands during a diaper change .... barf.

https://snoofybee.com/

Basically it traps your kiddo in a cone of shame so they can't get grabby with their diaper while you change them. Total genius. Must have. Amazon has it, good reviews too. Got me wondering what else might be out there. Share your favorite finds here please! I love a new invention that makes life easier! 

Re: Favorite new baby products

• Omg it's like a baby cone of shame. That's amazing. Thankfully my first wasn't a "grabber" during diaper changes. But my luck is that this one will be like "wheeeeee let's throw this shit on a pottery wheel!"
    Awesome Kid #1: Born September 2013!
    Awesome Kid #2: Due November 2016!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • aquasocksaquasocks member
    edited May 2016
    I don't know why this is $250 but maybe it changes the diaper for you? This keeps popping up on Amazon as something I should buy. I guess they are like "Hey this lady gives us all her money, maybe she'll fall for this."

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @aquasocksWhat makes it "smart"? That just seems like a rip off IMO, but I am a FTM so I really have no clue what is worth the money and what isn't.
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• msu_galmsu_gal member
    @aquasocks oh snaps, that actually looks kinda cool.  I love all the techie stuff though
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I want the Fever Frida so bad.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @aquasocksWhat makes it "smart"? That just seems like a rip off IMO, but I am a FTM so I really have no clue what is worth the money and what isn't.
    From the pics, it looks like it weighs the baby and sends the data to your smartphone. I mean that's just overkill. The doctor's office will weigh them at every visit, and if you are ever worried about the weight, most offices will let you use their scale anytime just for a weight check. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • There is a review of it on pregnantchicken.com. I think it would give me too much data to stress out over. I tend to over analyze that type of stuff. But it does look super cool. DH would love it. 

https://www.pregnantchicken.com/pregnant-chicken-blog/hatch-baby-changing-pad-review

What about that owlet monitor? Is that something people actually use? 
  • shevaCCshevaCC member
    I would consider the owlet monitor before the changing pad scale, but I feel like most of that stuff would increase my paranoia, not decrease it. Owlet seems like a better system than angelcare or whatever the one that clips to a diaper is called.
  • I want the Fever Frida so bad.
    That's what I'm talking about! Haven't seen this. The NoseFrida is great too. I'm digging the FeverFrida temp patches too.
  • aquasocks said:
    @aquasocksWhat makes it "smart"? That just seems like a rip off IMO, but I am a FTM so I really have no clue what is worth the money and what isn't.
    From the pics, it looks like it weighs the baby and sends the data to your smartphone. I mean that's just overkill. The doctor's office will weigh them at every visit, and if you are ever worried about the weight, most offices will let you use their scale anytime just for a weight check. 
    I was paranoid about weight for a few weeks when I had trouble nursing in the beginning, I probably would have bought this, then regretted after a month.

I did find some local baby boutiques have scales you can bring in your LO for a free weight check. I was even eyeing the produce scales for a few weeks ;)
  • @aquasocks I saw this on Shark Tank. It weighs baby and sneds all the info to your phone. It was advertised as a breastfeeding tool to see if baby is intaking enough. They also commented how great it would be for premature babies. I don't think they got a deal because the purchase price was incredibly high.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @talkthewholetime @likeicanteven as STMs do you think the Fever Frida is worth it? I was looking at it too and it has some good reviews though not many. Do you think it would be easier to use that than just taking their temp in their ear or forehead? I have no idea about any of this so I wasn't sure how easy it would be to use or how practical it would be instead of an ear or forehead thermometer.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • whitneyf1 said:
    @talkthewholetime @likeicanteven as STMs do you think the Fever Frida is worth it? I was looking at it too and it has some good reviews though not many. Do you think it would be easier to use that than just taking their temp in their ear or forehead? I have no idea about any of this so I wasn't sure how easy it would be to use or how practical it would be instead of an ear or forehead thermometer.
    It's cool, but I won't be buying it. There are a million forehead/ear/roller thermometers out there now. Mom instinct goes a long way too. Your hand developes a 6th sense for temps, which are really pretty normal for babies/kiddos to get on a regular basis. I was a paranoid mess who thought the slightest fever meant dengue fever. I know those forehead stickers are popular too, the ones that change color when too hot.
  • shevaCCshevaCC member
    I'm with @likeicanteven. Kids get fevers and I tend to go by how they're acting and whether they feel hot to my hand. I've taken their temps but by that point I already know that they're sick and just want to see what the number reads.
  • atcwagatcwag member
    I only trust a rectal thermometer anyway. Anything else has too much variation, especially for infants. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can definitely feel when my kid has a temp. If I need an accurate temp I do a rectal thermometer, even at his age (just turned 2). It's way faster and more accurate. Distract em during a diaper change and its NBD
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm going to be a STM and I am definitely interested in the fever Frieda. My daughter has had her fair share of high fevers and is a light sleeper. Going into her room to check her forehead wakes her for indefinite periods! It would definitely give me peace of mind to get a rough estimate of how a fever is running over night! Would save some stress and unnecessary doses of "just in case" Tylenol before bedtime!
  • leighryleighry member
    I can definitely feel when my kid has a temp. If I need an accurate temp I do a rectal thermometer, even at his age (just turned 2). It's way faster and more accurate. Distract em during a diaper change and its NBD
    This.