December 2016 Moms
Options

A word of warning **loss mentioned**

saffronxjadesaffronxjade member
edited May 2016 in December 2016 Moms
Hello everyone, I would like to tell you guys my story and hopefully help some of you in the process. Last week, I went for a scan, where I found that I my baby had died 3 weeks prior and that I had had a missed miscarriage where my body was still protecting the foetus. The scan was an early one scheduled by my midwife because I was bleeding a little and had pains (which I read was probably ligament/normal pain) I thought it was nothing and was not even going to go, my husband even stayed at work and my mother came with me instead.

The reason that I thought everything was fine was because of all the group community discussions between mums and mums to be. I read a lot of these ladies stories, who all had same symptoms as me, some saying they bled throughout and now have a healthy baby so don't worry, and had absent pregnancy symptoms but again it's normal and everything is good. If I hadn't have listened to my gut feeling and not gone to the early pregnancy scan I don't know where or when I would have miscarried but I do know what it would have done to my life/mental health. Having such pain and bleeding out of nowhere when I thought everything was fine, would have absolutely scarred me and I know that it would have happened either way but knowing that it was going to happen at all, it gave me control, mind and body in sync and I was able to make peace and accept it. I also think that if I hadn't gone to the scan that the process may have even been prolonged, causing infection and maybe damage done. I'm thankful that didn't happen. 
So what I would like to tell women is if you have any doubts at all even if your boobies aren't hurting like they used to or anything as small as that to listen to YOURSELF because you're the only one that knows how you feel, there's no harm whatsoever being extra careful and calling your midwife about these things.

Please don't get me wrong, being on these groups have helped me through nights of worry and just given me loads of tips on pregnancy and I love them and all the people in them. I love hearing peoples stories on pregnancy after miscarriage and that really guides me through and gives me hope, and that is harmless but when it comes to your health and other important things, listen to you. I know that these bias opinionated success stories from other mamas who say that your symptoms are normal and everything is fine, I know that they truly believe that it is totally fine and they are trying to help you with love in the best way that they know how and that's so awesome and I know that they mean no harm at all but every single woman is different and our bodies react in different ways and unfortunately to say that not everyone gets a happy ending sometimes (but will one day)

I think that a lot of pregnant ladies don't want to even think about the concept of anything going wrong, I know I didn't, if I even read the word 'miscarriage' I would freak out. Some women actually might unintentionally use these groups to run away from and feel better about symptoms they may be getting and this is dangerous, so I can't stress enough ladies, be brave and call the midwife if you have any concerns, call a doctor, someone who is going to give you unbiased consultation to ensure yours and your babies health. Being on these groups does relieve unneeded stress and a lot of worrying can be spared when reading success stories but don't stray away from your gut feeling and definitely don't take anyone else's personal experiences as an excuse to not going for any appointments.

I'd like to thank everyone for reading and goodbye (for now), I wish you all the health and happiness through your pregnancies and motherhood! Love - Saffron x

Re: A word of warning **loss mentioned**

• Options
    Hi, just submitted my post but it seems to have cut off nearly all of it, I didn't realise it had a word caps as it didn't state so and allowed me to write all of it, so I'm sorry but what I have wrote wont make much sense to you.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.  You are correct that this doesn't make much sense, but my thoughts are with you. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you. When I had my MMC, I found the loss/mc board immeasurably comforting. 

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    @saffronxjade - after reading this through I'd like to hear your full post.  I know you said it cut off but you can edit and add should you want to finish your thoughts.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    I am so terribly sorry for your loss dear. I agree that the loss boards can offer great support at this time. I second everything that @dmontgo said, and while I understand how some of those stories may lull you into a false sense of security, I think their true value lies elsewhere. When I had my scare with bleeding, I found that I received a diverse variety of responses---some from women who had false alarms and some from those who lost their little ones. What I took from it was not a guarantee that my baby would be fine but rather the understanding that I would be able to manage it because so many strong women had coped with similar experiences and loss before me. And the love and support I received from the board while I was dealing with the matter was invaluable. 

My heart truly breaks for you, if the stories women shared had a more negative effect. Again I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Please take care of yourself. 
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    beff12beff12 member
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself. <3

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    saffronxjadesaffronxjade member
    edited May 2016
    Thank you so much, I really appreciate it, I wrote my previous post on my phone so must have glitched out and erased the rest but all sorted now feel free to have another look, will make more sense now :)@DiFazette

@cjt121413 @beff12 Thank you from my heart, I wish you all the luck with your beautiful pregnancies, take care. <3
  • Options
    Good advice. I absolutely agree that when in doubt, go to the doctor. I'm very glad that you went along with your gut; though I am so sorry at the news you received. <so many hugs to you>
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    Mamax2Mamax2 member
    I'm sorry for your loss. Prayers for you.
  • Options
    Each person grieves in his/her own way, so the loss boards may not work for everyone. I think you will find much more positive support there rather than negativity that brings you further down. So I think it's good you're going to take a look just to check. And, though I do not know you, I would disagree that you "are not at all a strong person." Dealing with hardship easily and without issue does not make you a strong person. But having to push through difficult and challenging times, despite the emotional struggle they may require? That means you a strong person. Take care of yourself, hun  <3
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    so sorry for your loss. You're in my thoughts.
    I agree with everything  @dmontgo said as well- I think most of the ladies on here share their experiences, good or bad, to help others gain another perspective on what they are feeling or going through. Your gut instinct and doctor always trump internet advice though and I'm glad you went with your gut.
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    ElarraElarra member
    So sorry for your loss. I have suffered two miscarriages last year. Prayers your way hunny

• Options
    I am so sorry for you loss. You sound like a lovely, thoughtful person and I wish nothing but the best for you. Take time out to relax and take care of yourself. I hope you get your rainbow baby soon. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss, and wish you peace and healing. I agree with @LinziLoo09 that you are stronger than you think you are, but everyone grieves in their own way. Please do what's right for you and take care. 
  • Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss.  Take care of yourself and thank  you for sharing your story.
  • Options
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had brown spotting early on with a previous pregnancy and it ended up being the first sign of an ectopic pregnancy.  If I hadn't called my doctor she would never have tested my hcg levels, which let us know that something was wrong with the pregnancy before I started bleeding and before anything was visible on my ultrasound.  If she hadn't been following so closely, I would have assumed I was miscarrying and could have lost my Fallopian tube without the quick treatment that I got.  Every time people on these boards tell others that "brown spotting is normal", I wince.  Because sometimes it's not normal.  So I appreciate what you're getting at.

Anyway, please take some time to heal.  I'll be thinking of you.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending a prayer for you  <3
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss❤️
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. With my mmc, I certainly searched these boards with hope that this loss truly was not happening to me, so I understand your post. And the loss boards can be great for healing. I did not participate in them much but when I was ready I found that just reading some of it helped me to feel less alone. 

Prayers for you as you heal. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers