November 2016 Moms

Monday Ticker Change | 5.23

Week: 

What's new with baby (size, development)?

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby?

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: 

When is your next appointment? 

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why?
Me: 31 | H: 32
Married September 2014
TTC #1 December 2014
RE appt 12/2015
CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
Dx: Unexplained Infertility
February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
It's a girl!
Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
--------
TFAS March 2018
RE consultation 8/2/18
Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
It's a girl!
Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC

Re: Monday Ticker Change | 5.23

• Week: 16

What's new with baby (size, development)? Baby is the size of an avocado.
    • Baby's listening to your voice, thanks to tiny bones forming in his or her ears.
    • Baby's growing hair, lashes and eyebrows.
    • And baby's forming taste buds.
    What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? We're going to start working on the nursery over Memorial Day weekend.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I'm still so tired.  Where is this magical second tri energy I hear so much about?  

When is your next appointment? Wednesday

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why? Smell.  I feel like out of all the five senses, its the one I'd miss the least...especially at work.
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • kms456kms456 member
    Week: 15

What's new with baby (size, development)? size of a naval orange!!

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? nope nothing. Slacker. Have made zero progress in moving DD1 to her new room too.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Nothing besides still being frequently tired. I think this is my new normal.

When is your next appointment? next week

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why? Definitely Smell. I would miss it the least!
    Me: 30 DH:31 DD:3
    3/6/16 BFP 
    EDD: 11/14/16

• Loading the player...
  • Week:  13

What's new with baby (size, development)? size of a lemon. Intestines are moving from umbilical cord to their proper place, I never knew this before, so I find that interesting ;)

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? getting my other kiddos to sleep better at night. DS is 3 and fell into bad habits of coming into our bed or waking up and screaming so he's great now that I talked to him about how we act at night. DD is 16 months and doing better now that she is weaned

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions:  hitting the headache stage which is horrible 1:30pm has brought pain everyday for the last 5 days. But I can hear baby with the doppler now and that is awesome!

When is your next appointment?  June 14 or something close to that

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why? either smell or taste, because they don't effect relationships with people as much...
  • msu_galmsu_gal member
    Week: 15!

What's new with baby (size, development)? Naval Orange! 

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby?  We're closing our bigger house this week.  Moving while KU was probably a crazy idea.  I'm usually all about being organized and packing, this time I feel very unprepared. 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I just feel huge and lazy. 

When is your next appointment? Next week

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why?  Process of elimination... I think I would say smell.  Although I had a friend who was in a really bad dirt bike accident and she lost smell and taste because I think there's some connectivity in your brain.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm not Monday but I'll jump in... I've never had a sense of smell, and it is definitely the one you'd want to go first! I can still taste, and my docs have never figured out why it is missing (not like I dug that hard, as it doesn't really matter). All my pregnant friends are getting nauseous from stuff smelling and I think that's actually helped me from getting nauseous myself. I don't smell cookies or flowers, but I also don't smell dog poop or farts (still hear them though as I once had to remind my college roommate). Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in. :smile: 
  • @ConJos_love I also get the mid day headache. It's horrible and I haven't found a way around it yet. If you figure out a secret, share! 
    @msu_gal good luck with the move! We're moving in September/October so I'll be calling in all the favours! 
  • Week: 16

What's new with baby (size, development)? Avocado
    Head is more erect and eyes, ears and nose are close to final position.
    baby is forming taste buds and is growing hair
    baby can hear my voice

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? Nothing to do yet.  Mainly figuring out if we are going to move or not before baby comes so we are not making any nursery plans until we know that.  

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: My morning sickness has pretty much gone away, except just a little nausea after brushing my teeth in the AM.  I woke up the past two days with a little headache, but if I drink some water and lay down for a bit it goes away.

When is your next appointment? Next week (31st) for a prenatal check up and we are scheduling my gender ultrasound.

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why? Probably smell just because right now smells make me nauseous! 

• Week:  16

What's new with baby (size, development)? Baby is growing.

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? Going to a prenatal this week when I make it.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Still slightly nauseous.  With my girls I was done nausea by this point. 

When is your next appointment?  See above.  Hopefully Thursday.

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why?  Well, after all the smell comments I guess that one but originally, I said sight, because I wear pretty strong glasses already.
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018
  • Week:  15w2d

What's new with baby (size, development)? Baby is the size of a naval orange. Baby is pumping blood, breathing and bending elbows and knees.

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? Still nothing really. Just discussing names. We'll start the nursery once we know if it's a boy or girl (June 14th can't come fast enough!).

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Depends on the day, honestly. Today I'm exhausted but yesterday I had soooo much energy. I've also had heartburn two days in a row now so that's a blast. 

When is your next appointment?  June 10th for a check up and then June 14th for the anatomy scan.

GTKY: If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would you give up and why?  Smell I guess. It would certainly make cleaning out the refrigerator less painful.