November 2016 Moms

GTKY!!

Tell us your silly, random, weird, whatever aspirations or secret goals!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: GTKY!!

• For example...it's always been a goal of mine to someday learn the whole Thriller dance. I started last summer and got 1/4 of the way through it memorized but I haven't practiced in months so I probably forgot most of it
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wad about to tell you about a hamster I had and decided I should read the question again. I'm just so glad I did lolol
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd like to complete at least a half marathon(maybe a full) at some point in my life. I was a little over a month away from race day when injured my hip almost 2 years ago and I was probably in the best shape of my life at the time from a cardio perspective. 
  • I have a few, but my biggest ones currently are to travel to every continent (3 so far) and to hike the entire Appalachian Trail (not necessarily thru hike).
    Me: 32 DH: 37
    BFP: 2/25/16; DD: 11/6/16

Nov16 Siggy Challenge: 

• To be as physically fit as I was before I met SO. When we started dating I began imitating his crappy diet and lack of exercise. I had wash board abs of steel and I was super toned, I'd like to get back to that. Also to graduate or transfer universities within the next year or so. And eventually I'd like to get my Master's degree.
  • I have a secret hope/dream/thought to deliver at home! I am totally at peace with my decision to deliver at a hospital (no judgement against planned home births, it's just not the right plan for our family!), but I hear of those women who go into labor and Boom! Baby is there, and they deliver totally unexpectedly fast! I think it's so bad ass and I'd love to have a story like that!

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've worked straight overnights for the last 4.5 years, and I cannot wait to get a daylight job. Hoping before the end of maternity leave I'll find a suitable position.
  • Elev429Elev429 member
    I too would love to be able to be back to the shape/ weight I was when DH first got together.  I felt so great having list 75ish pounds then gained about 50 of it back.
     I'd also like to be able to officially start my own catering company with in 5 years.  

Married Nov. 3rd, 2012
    DS Born 12/20/13
    #2 EDD 11/20/2016
  • BLyn627BLyn627 member
    I want to learn how to sew again/better. I used to have a sewing machine when I was a kid and could do simple things, but haven't done anything in a long time. I picked out a sewing machine for my bday a few years ago and it's still sitting in the box.
  • I ran a half marathon in 2013, I'd like to run a full marathon in the next 5 years. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mom to P (12/7/10) Step-Mom-to-be to H (05/29/13)
    BFP 10/13/14 TWINS! 20 week loss of both twins, Scott Feivel and Miles Conrad
    BFP 06/19/2015 16 week loss, Penny June
    2015 Working with RI; Diagnosed with thrombopheiia and celiacs
    BFP 03/12/16 TWINS AGAIN! PLEASE BE OUR RAINBOWS
  • whaatwhaat member
    Way in the future, after kids are out of the house (or at least quite a bit older), I'd like to work at a flower shop arranging flowers all day.

Short term, I'd like to be someone who flosses every day.

Flowers: my friend just became a florist and she loves it! It was always something she wanted to do.
    Flossing: the hardest part is that first month, but if you do it every day and get to the point where your gums never bleed, you'll never go back. I floss every night and if I decide to skip it, I end up lying awake in bed thinking about my teeth and I end up having to get up and do it anyway.

• @mrs_hoyahoo I worked for a wedding florist for 3 years and aside from having the dragon boss from hell, it was the most fun job! I was her wedding planner, so not directly in charge of processing or arranging the flowers, but I learned so much and being surrounded by gorgeous arrangements all the time was so lovely! She had a lot of "helper" staff that was full time moms who each worked like 4-8 hours a week. One or two afternoons processing flowers, or helping set up events. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Katemr1146 - you described like exactly what I want! Minus the dragon boss from hell :)

Kid #1: Two years old
    Kid #2: Due Date 11/16/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kms456kms456 member
    I'd love to do a triathlon. I did 2 half this past year and really became hooked. Triathlon is my next step. Hubs does them and they look like so much fun!
    Me: 30 DH:31 DD:3
    3/6/16 BFP 
    EDD: 11/14/16

• So one that seems attainable but also not really likely is that i want to visit all 50 states. I've been to 45 mostly in high school cause my parents are teachers and we would spend a month in a van every summer visiting the country. The problem is the ones that are left all take effort. Hawaii (I NEED to go here), North Dakota, Washington, Oregon....and of course Alaska which i think is the one that's going to make it not possible. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would love to complete a yoga teacher training program and give up my office job. I fell in love with the practice almost two years ago when I was looking for a new exercise routine. I found what I was looking for and so much more.
  • I want to find a way to organize my house/life, put on make up like a grown up, and lose weight.

I clearly have set my sights too high, haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• SheybreSheybre member
    I'd like to be a successful gardener. Next year, I plan on starting a large vegetable garden. Maybe some fruit trees. My dream is to walk into my backyard and have all the produce I could dream of. AHHHH dream big B)
  • I'm learning calligraphy. I'd love to get good enough to do it semi-professionally, at least for my friends and family!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • bzzrbee28 said:
    So one that seems attainable but also not really likely is that i want to visit all 50 states. I've been to 45 mostly in high school cause my parents are teachers and we would spend a month in a van every summer visiting the country. The problem is the ones that are left all take effort. Hawaii (I NEED to go here), North Dakota, Washington, Oregon....and of course Alaska which i think is the one that's going to make it not possible. 
    We went on an cruise to Alaska a few years ago and it was AMAZING! I didn't think I'd enjoy it because I'm more of a beach vacation person but it was one of my favorite vacations so far. Plus the cruise was out of Seattle so we spent a day there before and after so you could cross 2 off of your list with one trip.

My (probably unrealistic) dream is to start a doggie daycare. We took our golden to a daycare in the last city we lived in and it was amazing. She always came home tired, when you board there they keep the dogs in a room free (no crates or cages) with a person who sleeps with them all night, basically a simplified bedroom with a couch, bed, and tv. We move frequently so in the next place we lived I tried a closer place and it was awful. She came home with more energy than she went with, they left her out in the rain so I had to take a wet dirty dog home in my clean car, and she gobbled down a full water bowl when she got home like she hadn't had a drink all day. We've tried 2 more day cares and all awful experiences. I just want to start one that is all about the dogs, not about what is easiest to deal with for employees. 

• loko08loko08 member
    @Sheybre mine is kind of along the lines of yours... except with flowers! H and I are completely clueless, and have three garden beds at our new house. We have absolutely no idea what is in them, or what to do. Our plan is to wait a year, get through the season to see what we have, then plan accordingly. So I guess my goal will happen a year from now? It better. 
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • leighryleighry member
    I would love a dual citizenship.. top choice would be Finland. Second would be Iceland or Norway. I've never been a big traveler but I would love to visit certain places. For a long time I looked into what it would take to move to Finland. But life sort of dictated a different path at this time. Hopefully in the future we can figure it out and spend time over seas.
  • banfrogbanfrog member
    I have a few.
    I want to get crazy good at knitting that I could possibly make a business out of it.
    I want to finish the gigantic blanket I started to knit for DH forever ago.
    If I can convince DH I would like to have a rescue/sanctuary for birds in our retirement.
  • My biggest goal is to visit all 7 continents. I have 3 more to go. Antarctica is going to be the hardest, but my college friends and I are trying to get there by the time we're 40. We've done the research and we're actually working towards it. 

My secret dream job has always been to run a summer camp. I loved camp as a kid and worked at one growing up. I became who I am today because of summer camp and I want to create that experience for other kids.
  • @jrussell16 a summer camp for kids would be so much fun! I don't think I have the energy for it, but I have fond memories of camp as a kid too. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I commute an hour each way to work and my goal is to buy some sort of Spanish tutorial so I can use that time to learn the language. I'm hoping that by the time this LO is 3 or 4 I'll have a good handle on the language so DH and I can travel to a Spanish speaking country and I can show off my skills! 
    I've always wanted to be fluent in Spanish. I've taken classes several times, but I'm no where near speaking it fluently. I can somewhat follow along with conversations, but syntax is hard and I don't ever participate because I don't want to look like a Gringo... Gringa? Ha!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I want to find a way to organize my house/life, put on make up like a grown up, and lose weight.

I clearly have set my sights too high, haha.
    As ironic as this is: YouTube the little high school girls and their makeup tutorials. Devote a little time to practicing and you'll feel like a new woman! It's amazing what some nicely applied eyeliner can do for the permanent bags under my eyes! 

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I want to be able to have a few acres and basically become self sufficient. I want to have a big garden and raise my own chickens and sheep and be able to do canning and stuff. Basically, be a prepper without the tinfoil hat. I have a steep learning curve, since other than taking care of animals I don't know how to do any of that, but I think it would be really rewarding, and a lot of those things are quickly becoming lost skills.

I've become even more obsessed with this with a LO on the way since I was raised around some of that as a kid and really look back on it fondly. It's good for kids to have responsibility for something and have an appreciation for where their food comes from, and know what fresh food tastes like. 

BFP #1 10/30/15 MMC found 11/30/15 D&C 12/11/15 EDD 7/9/16
    BFP #2  3/21/16    Nora Mae born 12/6/16
    BFP #3 11/27/20    EDD 8/6/21
    healing comes in waves, and maybe today the wave hits the rocks and that’s ok, that’s ok, darling. you are still healing, you are still healing- Ijeoma Umebinyuo, be gentle with yourself