January 2016 Moms
Options

large baby clothes?

I have a large baby, mostly long. He was 28 1/4" at his 4m appointment, which was 10 days ago. He is comfortably wearing 9-12m clothes, moving into just 12m soon as the onesies are getting tight. My DH is 6'8" and I'm 5'10" so I knew he wasn't going to be small but I'm worried we are going to be in 3T by Christmas. Does anyone have suggestions for clothes they found that work well for larger babies? He's so young that it's hard to use two piece outfits that don't have onesie snaps and stuff. Thanks!

Re: large baby clothes?

• Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    Carters seems to have a bunch of one peice outfits in 12/18/24 months. Maybe check them out? 
  • Options
    nackienackie member
    Our DS isn't particularly large, but we use plenty of two piece outfits already.  What are you finding problematic about them?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Carter's has a lot of outfits that work well. Our little guy has broad shoulders...hubs is built like a refrigerator. It seems like the 2 piece outfits where the shirt doesn't have bottom snaps becomes a belly shirt, no matter how big it really is  
    Me: 31 DH: 40
    Married 2012
    TTC #2 since July 2016
    PCOS diagnosed 2008
  • Options
    My son was so long in the body that I pretty much only used 2 piece outfits. The onesies just gave him wedgies. I tend to scour Kohl's. They have the brand, Jumping Bean, which has super cute and easy mix n match outfits. He's now 17 months old and wearing 5T comfortably, size 6 diapers, and size 7 shoes. He's outgrowing clothes that are made to fit around diapers (let alone, he's outgrowing diapers sold in stores). No clue where he gets his size from...
  • Options
    I use onesie extenders.  There's a tutorial on how to make your own here https://handmadebyjt.blogspot.com/2011/11/tutorial-onesie-extender.html?m=1

• Options
    I always found Gymboree to run on the bigger side. I used to work there when I was in college and I always remember talking to customers about their generous sizing.  DS is on the smaller side.  He's 5 months and weighs just about 12.5 lbs. He is still wearing their 3-6. I have a bunch of 6-12 and it doesn't even start until 17lbs.  I'm not even sure the summer stuff I bought in that size, will fit him this summer. 

I just checked their sight under the Toddler Boy section.  He'd be in a 12-18 based on height.  It starts at 29 inches and the weight is 22-27 lbs.  6-12, accommodates up to the 29 inches
  • Options
    I use onesie extenders.  There's a tutorial on how to make your own here https://handmadebyjt.blogspot.com/2011/11/tutorial-onesie-extender.html?m=1

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    My DD is very long also, and opposite of others i've found Carter's to run small on her - in length especially. I use the Children's Place stretchies for PJ's, the open footie ones (I learned not to buy closed toe again cause she outgrows them so fast). Her 6-9 still fit but are snug and she's in 9-12. They always have sales - try there!
  • Options
    Also I've found that the little me brand seems to run long (compared to Carters and Gerber). They fit my tall boy well! He's in 9month Carters and the 6 month little me fit with some room still to grow!