November 2016 Moms

Weekly Appointments 5.23 - 5.29

Post about this week's appointments here! :)
<BabyFetus Ticker >

Re: Weekly Appointments 5.23 - 5.29

• loko08loko08 member
    I'll start - I have one this Thursday, and have so many questions already saved in my phone. I'm excited to hear little one's heartbeat again and be reassured my off/on rib pain is normal. Please be normal (this is my mantra). 
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • leighryleighry member
    @cagirl18 I hope your appt goes well. I have one Friday the 27th. I'll be 14 weeks. Typical pee in this, stand on that, and fetal heart tones and hopefully be on my way. 
  • Loading the player...
  • loko08loko08 member
    Thanks, @leighry ! I hope yours goes smoothly as well - I have to say, I am excited to get into the routine of these "regular" types of appointments! 
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • leighryleighry member
    @cagirl18 what number baby is this for you? This is #4 for me, and while I could totally do without the weight checks haha I still love hearing the heartbeat every time.
  • loko08loko08 member
    This is #1! So everything is new, mostly exciting (except for these dang symptoms). I still haven't gained (lost due to HG -I'd prefer to gain) so I'm hoping everything is okay there. 
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • leighryleighry member
    My first I gained a total of 12 lbs (all in the last couple of months) because I lost initially from all the vomiting. 2nd was close to the same. The 3rd I initially lost maybe 4-5 lbs but then gained steadily. This one.. not so much. Just gaining away.
  • I'm getting results from my panorama blood test tomorrow hopefully...nervous and hoping to find out the sex! 
  • I'm 16 weeks tomorrow and have my 16 week appointment on Thursday. Expected to do the pee test, blood pressure and then hear the heartbeat on Doppler again! Can't wait! After this appointment will be my next ultrasound at 20 weeks!!!
  • I have my 16 week appt and bloodwork on Friday. I'm looking forward to going without my daughter, haha. I have zero questions. This second time mom thin is pretty awesome. I went in with LISTS of questions last time and this time I'm just winging it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• hellopartyof5hellopartyof5 member
    edited May 2016
    I have our scan to find out the sex on Wednesday! Squee! Super excited. Then gender reveal on Friday!

eta: ummm no the gender reveal is on Saturday. No idea why my brain decided Friday would be written. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • I have my 16 week appointment and bloodwork today. I know it's just a routine appointment but I still get excited. I hadn't prepared any questions for last appointment and left feeling pretty silly that I couldn't remember anything I wanted to talk about. This time, I'm more prepared. I mostly just want to talk about my fibroid. They seem very common so I'm not really concerned but 10-12 centimeters sounds like a pretty large object to be occupying space with my baby. I'm just curious if it will be monitored throughout the pregnancy or if we just assume it's not a problem unless it causes pain or discomfort. Anyone have any experience?
  • @BabyVB118 that sounds huge! I can imagine that it's pretty painful? I had a 7 or 9 (I honestly cannot remember) cm ovarian cyst and I thought I was dying! 
  • @BmcD2016 it does sound huge, right?! I learned I had it at my 6 week appointment but it wasn't until the NT scan at 13+1 that I was told the measurement. I also learned that it is outside the uterine cavity which is a good thing. It actually doesn't hurt at all right now. A nurse said that as the baby boy gets bigger he might deprive the fibroid of blood and it might hurt at that point. I will definitely be getting clarification from my doctor later today whether there are any risks and if it will need monitoring.

I've never had an ovarian cyst but I was with my best friend when she had one rupture. Neither of us knew what it was at the time and we both thought she was dying. What an awful experience for you!

• m6aguam6agua member
    I go in for my second prenatal in a couple hours. I'm 14 weeks. Hope to hear the heart beat this time.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• MollySmMollySm member
    I was supposed to go in on Thursday, but they just called to cancel.  So frustrating!  My schedule is super tight, and I'd really like to be able to schedule my anatomy scan as far in advance as possible!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Umm @MollySm that royally sucks! 

i have an u/s tomorrow to find out the sex which will be written and sealed in an envelope the brought to the baker for our gender reveal on Saturday! Woohoo! 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • At my 16 week appointment yesterday my doctor couldn't find the heartbeat on the Doppler which has never been a problem in the office or for us at home. After a very stressful 5 minutes waiting for the ultrasound machine to warm up she found him and a perfectly healthy heartbeat in no time. What a relief! As far as my fibroid goes, she agreed that 10-12 cm is large. She said they can sometimes trick your body into thinking you are farther along than you actually are and cause you to go into labor early so I will be monitored for any signs of that as the pregnancy progresses.  The other concern she mentioned is that it can get in the way of the baby positioning itself for birth but doesn't think that will be a problem for me based on the fact that it is located pretty high.

• Yesterday was my 16 week appointment and it went great. Heartbeat for little one was 154, so still very strong. Its been 163 and 157 at the 2 previous appointments, so I'm thrilled its still so strong! Next appointment in 4 weeks and it will be an ultrasound which will be 20 weeks! Can't wait! (We WONT be finding out the gender though! )