July 2015 Moms

Tantrums?

My son will be 10 months tomorrow. Past 3 days he has been throwing tantrums to the point where he coughs so hard and gets red as a tomatoe. I dont know why all of a sudden he started doing that. I have alot of patience but not for him to do this more than once a day! Help! 

Re: Tantrums?

• n3na94n3na94 member
    We are also experiencing this!! I don't even know where he learned it lol but I say no to him, and sometimes he still does it. Be patient mama, the bump has an article that eventually they will distinguish yes from no! Keep us posted
  • dmd0830dmd0830 member
    My LO just started with these two!! Clenches his fists and arches his back. Doesn't last too long but it's crazy seeing such a sweet little baby get so angry!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine as well! I will also try to lay him down with me when it's time for bed, he will grab my face and scratch it while screaming. I've said "No" In a stern voice and he just laughs. He only does this to me, not Daddy.
  • msalada91 said:
    Mine as well! I will also try to lay him down with me when it's time for bed, he will grab my face and scratch it while screaming. I've said "No" In a stern voice and he just laughs. He only does this to me, not Daddy.
    Hah my DD does the same! Anytime I'm Stern and say no she just smiles and thinks it's funny. So frustrating!!
  • We just experienced our first tantrum too! I think part of it is Leap 7. My strategy is to completely ignore her until she calms down, and then reinforce her sweet behaviors. Our pediatrician recommended that we save the word "no" for dangerous situations only. Our babies are growing up so fast!
  • My LO will hear me say "no," turn around to look at me, then keep going for whatever it is I said "no" to (usually a power cord). If I then pick her up or move it somewhere she can't get to it, she screams and throws herself on the floor. My little drama queen.
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • KAR8706KAR8706 member
    kyrenora said:
    My LO will hear me say "no," turn around to look at me, then keep going for whatever it is I said "no" to (usually a power cord). If I then pick her up or move it somewhere she can't get to it, she screams and throws herself on the floor. My little drama queen.
    Oh this happens to us often only its the saddest pouty face ever rather than throwing himself on the floor.