July 2016 Moms
Options

Weekend bitchfest

Re: Weekend bitchfest

• Options
    I keep attempting to scale back my obligations and activities on the weekends so that I can relax and not be stressed these last few weeks. Well, despite my efforts, I still overdid it last night when I had friends over and ended up cooking and entertaining and burning in the fire pit.  Woke up exhausted and swollen and uncomfortable. Havent even gotten out bed yet but I already know it's going to be a long day. 
  • Options
    This is the time of year that my work speeds way up, and it is NOT cool. I just want to sit and Bump all day, but instead I actually have to... you know, work. I am so over it.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Stayed at a hotel last night  (we are out of town for a graduation) that had a king size bed. Guess who still spent most of the night on the edge of the bed. No matter how many times I shoved him or tried to wake him up to get him to move, he wouldn't budge.
  • Options
    @joleri23 I'm in the same boat as you. I've worked 12-14 hour days (M-F) and am at work now.... anxiously awaiting July's arrival so these crazy hours can stop. It would help if the staff below me weren't so incompetent though.
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    Not gonna lie, woke up full of rage this morning due to sore throat/coughing/general feeling of being hit by a truck. If you are sick please stay out of my office! (This means you my coughing, sickly co-workers that know I am pregnant). I have done so well so far in avoiding getting sick, even though a couple of the people I work with have come in with colds and now, I get to be sick for my anniversary with DH. To top it off, half my job is being on the phone and I am starting to lose my voice. :( It is going to be a very long Saturday at work.
  • Options
    rakel88rakel88 member
    My husband and I are visiting my in laws, along with his siblings and their families, and every single planned thing we're doing revolves around drinking. Yesterday was lunch and hanging out at a winery. Today is bottomless
    mimosa brunch and then tonight Mexican food at a place which apparently has the best margaritas. Meanwhile I'm like... Cool guys. And my husband is mad at me for not getting ready fast enough this morning, so now I'm hanging out by myself cause he left me to go do... something. 
    We flew here cause driving 6 hours didn't sound like a ton of fun and his parents offered to pay for the flight, so I can't go anywhere or do anything to explore on my own, cause no car. 
    I'm happy to get away for a bit but I probably would've stayed home if I'd known this is what it would be like..
  • Options
    This kind of goes with my weekend bitchfest from earlier. Still feeling like I have been hit by a train and my cough is getting worse. I didn't even bother trying to call to see if someone would cover, because I know that either no one would answer, or they would have an excuse to not come in. 

A co-worker of mine is also pregnant, about 3 weeks ahead of where I am now. She ended up having to go to urgent care this morning, and is now being transferred to a bigger hospital due to leaking amniotic fluid and having contractions. She will most likely have her baby within the next 24-48 hours. I covered her position (with no prior training) in a heartbeat because she is my friend and I am very worried about her and her LO. Sadly, she was pretty much in the same boat as I was trying to find someone to cover. No one would answer their phones. The guy who finally called her back has done nothing but bitch about how he has to work a 12 hour day today because of this, when she regularly pulls double shifts as a supervisor (even while pregnant!).

I am just blown away by how much of a shmuck he is being over this whole situation.
  • Options
    I am having an extremely rough day. Not what I envisioned for my Saturday.... DS won't stop crying/screaming. DH is upset with me and basically told me that he wanted to be left alone for the rest of the evening/doesn't want to be around me. I just want to stay in the fetal position and cry for a bit.
  • Options
    I might be overreacting but whateves and this might be long. 

So my sister is in town for the shower and it was completely last minute. My mom and I have been trying to talk to her for over a month to see if she was coming or not and she kept insisting she was flying on my Dads pass. He works for delta so at one point we both flew free but her pass expired earlier this year but she didn't listen to us when we told her that. So last mintue my mom booked her ticket under the impression she was paying her back half when she got here.

She never paid her back because she "blew all her money at the mall." A few weeks ago she also called and asked her to send her $200 a month because she can't afford rent and my mom said no. I talked to DH about it and he said we could because we helped his brother out a few years ago with money and we were going to offer it when she was here. Well when my Mom and I picked her up from the airport she spent the whole 3 hour car ride bragging how she spent $400 on 3 items of make up, saying she smokes weed all the time a bowl while driving because you know it's nbd, she kept asking where hookah bars (idk if I spelled that right) were and that she dating a 31 year old (she's 19 btw). I was fumming, I didn't say a word to her the entire car ride and it put me in a bad mood towards her since she's been here. She has zero bills. Dad pays her insurance, aunt pays her cell phone and she lives with my grandparents for free. All that because she can't afford anything but she can apparently drop $400 on makeup like its nbd. Needless to say I'm not offering her a dime anymore. 

I was supposed to be driving her back to the airport on Monday (3 hours one way) and after asking more times then I can count what time she has to been there she just dropped a bomb on me that he flight leaves at 5:30 am. I'd have to pull an all nighter to get her to the airport and back. I'm 34 weeks pregnant that is the LAST thing I want to do and I'm over it. I told my mom fuck it she can figure it out on her own, I could care less she blew all her money at the mall that's her problem. She should know better. I can't even drive her down there the night before because our dula is coming over at 6 and that's a 3 hour session. 
  • Options
    Oh man @Shelby00519 that is so obnoxious. My younger brother lives in our guest house and pays rent (very little, but enough to help us out and he gets a cheap place to live). This is the second month that he hasn't had the money to pay but then he buys all kinds of stupid shit like it's no big deal. Oh, nice new Xbox, ironically it costs the same amount as the rent you didn't pay! 

I wouldn't give her a ride either, because that is fucked up. 
  • Options
    My husband left early to play golf.  He used up all the coffee creamer so there's none in the house.  I'm left to decide if I want no coffee or to actually put on clothes and leave to go get some.  Such a jerk.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    @megstervt That's when I would just drink it black. I've also been know to use a sample size packet of formula in more desperate situations. No judging. 
  • Options
    @ladyfleck I wish I could drink it black, but I can't stand the taste. The worst part of this story is he met his friends to carpool at...a coffee shop.  He could have easily left me the cream and bought a cup there. 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    @megstervt so rude!  DH and I use baileys when we're desperate. Depending on how much you use, that could be an option? 
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    I've been drinking my coffee like Agent Cooper for years now, "black as midnight on a moonless night". 

Now I want coffee. But I'm too tired to move. 

• Options
    WevilleWeville member
    @megstervt Jerk!  I'd be pissed
  • Options
    Ya, I'm not happy he's golfing in general so this was the icing on the cake.  I keep trying to tell myself that he's put socks on my feet the last 2 nights because it was too hard for me to bend down, it's not really helping the blind rage though. 
  • Options
    My mother.... enough said.
  • Options
    @megstervt Then he needs to be drawn and quartered. Or bring home something delicious for you to make up for it. 
  • Options
    FIL for calling and asking DH to come help band a couple calves and still pressing DH to come help after he told him point blank that I had the grill ready and was about to put steaks on it. DH said it'd only take about fifteen minutes, but I've seen this song and dance number before -fifteen turns into at least 45 minutes, because FIL will say "while you're here, help me with this over here too."  It's never just as simple as banding two calves.  I told DH that he has all of twenty minutes until supper is ready, so he'd better make it quick,  and if he messes with me, his steak may turn into shoe leather.

So there's this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me "Mom"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Voted "Mom of the Year" 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @YeezusButters I feel the same way. This child is moving like crazy and sometimes feels like she's stabbing me lol. My whole family was quite large at birth. I was 10lbs my mom was 11lbs and my grandfather was 12lbs 11oz ..  I'm frigging doomed  :'( lol