September 2015 Moms
Options

The dreaded man cold (NBR)

Hubby and I both came down with the same cold. For the past two days I've been working, taking care of baby, doing pretty much everything. Hubby took two days off work. For a cold. I also can't breath through my nose.  My throat also hurts. I also can't sleep well. I also have terrible pressure headaches. But I'm not being a big baby about it. Then, this morning he says he's pretty sure he has the plague. I know he's just being dramatic, but I'm over it all ready. Grrr.

**TW**
Me & DH: 32
Married 2013
Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."

Re: The dreaded man cold (NBR)

• Options
    I felt your pain last weekend (mother's day weekend of course). LO came down with the stomach bug on Wednesday night - I took off Thursday to take care of him after staying up all night with him puking. I then made DH stay home Friday with him (yes made him I could not miss another day of work). Well I was sick all Friday night while taking care of LO who wasn't sleeping through the night back and forth from me getting sick to rocking/nursing etc. I was thinking oh man its mothers day weekend maybe tomorrow morning I will be taken care of a little and DH can just bring LO in to nurse when he needs to... well we woke up to a man cold and his version of the stomach bug. he was in bed ALLLL DAYY and kept complaining to me I couldn't handle it. I couldn't even look at him and I just kept saying YA I KNOW.. I GET IT I KNOW BELIEVE ME! he got mad I was speaking down to him like that an di said well lets see... after the night before having the SAME thing your complaining of I was up all night long with the LO trying not to puke on him, then all day today with no energy because our little human is feeling better and cant take care of himself so I was not able to sleep all day like DH was.  He didn't get it... It took me two days to get over the fact he got to nurse himself back to health and I had to push through for our LO. They are REDIK with the man colds... now with a baby I cant take it.  Deep breaths and just keep telling yourself your an amazing mom and doing what you need to do to take care of your LO. YOU ARE SUPERWOMAN! :) (and let him take care of himself and ignore his complaining :))
  • Options
    Men are by FAR the weaker sex. The Man Cold is so enraging. If men had to walk in our shoes, TRULY do exactly what we do, on a daily basis... Their heads would explode.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Right? I mean, somehow we managed to go about our lives even when we're puking all day. But give a man the sniffles and he's out of commission for days.

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • Options
    Preach!

My husband came down with a cold about a month ago. I made him chicken soup. Cups of tea. Lemon water for his throat. Anything he needed I was there to listen to him complain and take care of him (while of course doing everything for baby girl who he didn't want to get too close to so he wouldn't get her sick).

Fast forward to me catching a cold a couple of weeks ago and he does nothing for me. Doesn't want to get near me so he won't catch what I have. Won't carry or do anything for the baby because "my germs are all over her". Says he'll ask his MOM to make me chicken soup. Thanks but no thanks. 

So when he's sick it's all on me. When I'm sick it's still all on me! 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    missliz53missliz53 member
    edited May 2016
    @yellow1daisy The next time he gets sick tell him to have his mom make him chicken soup and come take care of him. Thankfully my DH is more stoic when he's sick, probably because when he was younger his mom worked full time so he had to take care of himself. I think I'm actually the less stoic of the 2 of us, but when I got a cold, I still managed to push through and take care of lo while he was at work. 

Although it would be very sweet of you to put Enchanted or Dirty Dancing or My little Ponies on the tv for him to watch while he's feeling so miserable. 
  • Options
    missliz53 said:
    @yellow1daisy The next time he gets sick tell him to have his mom make him chicken soup and come take care of him. Thankfully my DH is more stoic when he's sick, probably because when he was younger his mom worked full time so he had to take care of himself. I think I'm actually the less stoic of the 2 of us, but when I got a cold, I still managed to push through and take care of lo while he was at work. 

Although it would be very sweet of you to put Enchanted or Dirty Dancing or My little Ponies on the tv for him to watch while he's feeling so miserable. 
    I like putting on princess Sophia & making him watch it with DD while I cook buahahahahaha (he now has opinions on all the princesses and thinks they're snobby spoiled brats lmao)
  • Options
    Uggh yes! I still have laundry, dishes and dinner to make while sick. Never had the luxury of passing out and letting it run its course since having kids! 
  • Options
    You guyyyyys. I haven't had a reasonable break since my daughter was born and I'm the only one who does night wakes bc my daughter will only settle with me and still feeds the others times. 

I I have a really nasty cold and I am MILKING it. My husband had had my daughter ALL day and plans to keep her the entire afternoon too. He just brings her to me to feed. I'm in heaven!!!
  • Options
    We have exactly the same symptoms, me and LO, daddy is not here so mayb he would have been in same shoes, i feel terrible, the headache part is the worst.