January 2016 Moms

Diaper for STTN

Yes, I am a lucky duck whose baby is now sleeping 8-9.5 hours each night. For those other lucky ducks, what diapers are you using? I still have a bunch of different brands from shower gifts. I found that with Huggies, he leaks through to soak his pajamas and sleep sack and even on to the sheet. I'm using pampers swaddlers right now, but not to excited about how much they cost compared to other brands. So, what diaper do you use for babies sleeping through the night? 
Me: 31 DH: 40
Married 2012
TTC #2 since July 2016
PCOS diagnosed 2008

Re: Diaper for STTN

• Not really sure if this helps, but I use Swaddlers and we leave them on for 12 hours at night. They are definitely full in the morning, but don't usually leak. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We use babyganics and leave them on for 11-12 hours overnight. We have never had a leak.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • ekscoppekscopp member
    I had the same problem with huggies. I tried huggies snug and dry and had success on and off. Now we are using pampers baby dry and have actually had much more success. She sleeps usually 8-9 hrs then eats and sleeps another 3-4. We keep her in the same diaper about 12 hours unless she poops! Good luck, leaking is annoying!
  • KFrobKFrob member
    The babies r us brand diapers are the least expensive and I'd say just as good as the swaddlers 
  • Ljohn43Ljohn43 member
    We use pampers swaddlers and don't have any leaking issues at night. We do have daily blowouts though. Not sure if that's the diapers fault or if it would happen with any brand. 
  • I had the same problem with Huggies, so I tried Pampers Baby Dry and it gave LO a horrible diaper rash. We are now using Pampers Swaddlers and love them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • livinslivins member
    My girl was sleeping through the night, thank you sleep regression, but we don't change her until she gets up to eat around 5-6 in the morning. I've used honest and swaddlers and haven't had an issue with leaking, but I always have a blowout issue, at least once a day if not more. So now I'm trying baby dry which I'm hoping helps. They definitely seem to hold a good amount so far and I'm hoping for no rash!
  • I use pampers swaddlers as well for 12 hours no issues. Huggies he leaks through so we only use those for day time use. 
  • Pampers Baby Dry, seem to be working best for us.  We put one on right before bed around 7-7:30.  He is in it, until 6-7:30 the next morning.  It's def. full, but he's been dry. He's never pooped in the middle of the night in them, so I have yet to find out, how they'd work for that, haha. 
  • krrpe99krrpe99 member
    We just switched from Pampers Swaddlers to Pampers Baby Dry over night and are pretty happy with them. 
  • Pampers all the way with all 3 kids. Never had a leak problem. Also never had a leak when my 2 year old had diarrhea.
  • We use Huggins but it has to be the snugglers . They work wonders though I hated the snug and dry when my husband bought them on accident
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    Pampers swaddlers is what we use :)
  • l4rkl4rk member
    If cost is an issue, why not just use the swaddlers at night and a less expensive brand during the day? Using only one diaper per night would go a long way...
  • laurabwalkerlaurabwalker member
    edited May 2016
    Honest and 7th generation  I've never had a leak
    edit my LO has excema and sensitive skin, so I have to use hypoallergenic diapers but they've worked great
  • Babies R Us is what we use. DD1 used to pee through everything at night, except Babies R Us diapers, so that's what DD2 wears so we don't have to worry about leaks.
  • Pampers baby dry is what we just switched to and sized up on it. Never leak now and we were with the swaddlers every night. She doesn't sttn but I don't change her anymore. 
  • We use Swaddlers, but us a size bigger at night. LO is outgrowing her size 2s, but we're trying to use them up, and just changing her more frequently. We use a 3 at night. We used Baby Dry, because Swaddlers were unavailable when I needed them, and I hated them. Felt so cheap. I went to push one through the opening of the diaper pail, and my thumb went right through it. We've never had an overnight leak, and never had a blowout, but I think that's just more we fell into the right product for us. You gotta just keep trying different kinds until you're successful. Someone else's horror story could be the only thing that works for your LO.
  • The pampers baby dry over night worked well, or luvs.

Also, there are pads you can buy (almost exactly like the pads they gave me at the hospital) that go into the diaper for extra flood protection. I use them nightly for my son and they are golden! Like $6 for 30 of them at Babies R Us. 
  • klbhklbh member
    We use the target brand diapers, after learning they're actually relatively eco-friendly without being marketed as such (no chlorine, undyed, no perfumes). They feel thin but work surprisingly well for us. 
  • We leaked with Huggies also. I like Pampers swaddlers, but like you don't like the price tag. We use Luvs now with no issue- he doesn't STTN but we don't change him until morning
  • Target overnight diapers! My 4 month old was waking up every morning soaked through his pajamas and swaddle until we started using those. They have been great!
  • Huggies since birth and no leaks other than blow outs. Those tend to be worse if there was already pee in the diaper so we keep her dry because she can push them out! But we've never had any issues and shes been sleeping through the night a few weeks so we dont change her for 8+ hours and shes never been damp. Maybe it just depends on the baby?
  • May also be a positioning issue, does his wee-wee stay pointing down so the pee doesnt run out the top?
  • Does anyone do cloth diapers at night? Any opinions or tips with that? 
  • mamadcbmamadcb member
    fishee333 said:
    Does anyone do cloth diapers at night? Any opinions or tips with that? 
    @fishee333We use cloth all day and a disposable at night. He will sometimes soak through a cloth diaper and clothes during even a long nap, so I've honestly never even tried it for overnight since he's normally in the same one for 10-11 hours. I am still playing around with different inserts to get maximum absorbency without TONS of bulk, though, so I'll be curious if anyone has suggestions. 
  • nackienackie member
    mamadcb said:
    fishee333 said:
    Does anyone do cloth diapers at night? Any opinions or tips with that? 
    @fishee333We use cloth all day and a disposable at night. He will sometimes soak through a cloth diaper and clothes during even a long nap, so I've honestly never even tried it for overnight since he's normally in the same one for 10-11 hours. I am still playing around with different inserts to get maximum absorbency without TONS of bulk, though, so I'll be curious if anyone has suggestions. 
    We're also doing cloth during the day and disposable at night.  I got a bunch of new inserts to try, but haven't used them yet. DS is sleeping so poorly, I'm scared to do anything that might make the situation worse.
  • @fishee333  We use cloth! We just add an extra hemp insert and he'll go roughly 10-12 hours without a leak on most nights. Yes, he pees through sometimes but you'll get that with any kind of diaper as pp have stated. Hemp is more expensive than the synthetic or cotton inserts but they hold more pee. We have BG AIO so the hemp layer goes under the 2 sewn in flap layers for bedtime. 
  • kailaann1kailaann1 member
    edited May 2016
    We do almost the same. Also use BumGenius AIOs but do a bamboo charcoal insert for night time. We lay it right on top of the sewn in layers as it soaks up more liquid and seems to keep her skin feeling drier. She is in them for close to 12 hours a night and we rarely have leaks with this system. She soaks through her Pjs and sleep sack in nearly every disposable we've tried. 
  • Ok interesting! Thanks for the ideas. We've been just changing her cloth diapers at night since she gets up multiple times to eat  anyway, but hopefully she will be STTN at some point. :|  I'll try the inserts or else we'll just go disposable at night. 
  • Pampers baby dry are amazing overnight. My 2.5 year old still uses them and he's never had a leak. They are so heavy in the morning though!
  • We have a bunch of diapers that were purchased for us and we are slowly working through the stack. I like Pampers and Target brands the best, but when I have to purchase some it will definitely be the Target ones. They do the job just as well as Pampers for a fraction of the price. My LO sleeps 11 hours and we've never had a leak.
  • We have just started sizing up a disposable at night. He is using 2s during the day and 3s at night. My child happens to be very well hydrated and still needs to be changed around 4:30 in the morning (otherwise he will blow it out when he poops at 6). Putting him in a size up has made it so he wakes less (he's a prima Donna and doesn't like to sit in a wet diaper) and sleeps longer, which is just fine by this momma!
  • Cloth nappies/diapers here. We use bamboo boosters or even just a muslin for overnight with Close Pop In or Totsbots (UK brands?). What you could consider is using a disposable nappy and a waterproof outer, then any leaks are contained and you save the clothes and sheets. The outers by themselves are super cheap.