Infertility

New to these message boards

Hello everyone,

I am new to this. A little bit about us: we're both almost 29. We've been ttc for about 3 1/2 years now. We finally decided to see fertility Dr's at the end of 2014. My husbands counts we're fine. After several tests it was discovered I had a septum running down the middle of my uterus. Over half of it was removed about a year ago. I also have low estrogen. I have done 4 months of letrozol and taking an hcg trigger shot. When that didn't work the doctor had me add Gonal Friday for two days along with letrozol. That still didn't work. We just went to talk to the doctor earlier this week about our next options. He said before I do anything he wants me to have a biopsy on the lining of my uterus. I have that scheduled. He said depending on the outcome I can then take an estrogen injection and 10 days of a hormone injection, IVF, or I may need more of my septum removed. The injections can cost 2000. I really want to try IVF but my insurance doesn't cover it. Just don't know if anyone else has been in a similar situation or has any advice. It'd be greatly appreciated!

Re: New to these message boards

• cmm012cmm012 member
    Welcome! I'm glad your doctor found the septum and had that removed. There are several women here who have had similar experiences. I'm hopeful you will find the support you need.
    Married Jan. 2014
    Me:36 DH: 39
    TTC since August 2014, Mild PCOS + uterine fibroids
    Myomectomy June 2015- 18 fibroids removed
    IVF #1, May 2016 = 32 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized, 7 frozen, 3 PGS normal
    FET#2, July 2016 = one embryo transferred 
    TRIGGER
    BFP! Beta = 617
    Due date = 4/9/17
    Delivery date = 3/20/17
  • Welcome to our little community.  This place is AWESOME, seriously.  I'm sorry about the emotional rollercoaster you've been on TTC.  Just about everyone here can relate to that!

Have you asked your clinic if they are participating in any clinical trials that could help with the IVF cost?  If not, I would recommend just checking to see if there is one.  We don't get IVF coverage either but we are very lucky to have an opportunity to participate in a trial if this 3rd IUI is a bust.

Good luck!!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you! Ill have to look into it. I'm very new to this. So with clinical trials do you have to pay for any of it? I'm not sure if I'll have any here. I live in Maine. I feel like fertility treatments are very limited here. 
  • Each trial is different, but the one I'm planning to participate in (the Megaset Trial) covers meds, monitoring appointments, egg retrieval, and a fresh transfer.  If you want to freeze any additional embryos you get and do FETs in the future, that is out of pocket.  But it sounds like a pretty amazing deal!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20