January 2017 Moms
Options

5 weeks today, EDD 1/20/2017!

Caitie81490Caitie81490 member
edited May 2016 in January 2017 Moms
After two chemical pregnancy losses at 4-5 weeks, I am so excited that we are expecting!  Because of the early losses, I was put on progesterone and additional vitamins as soon as I got a BFP.  My first HCG was drawn on 5/12 and it was 20 then on 5/16 another was drawn at 128!  My dr isn't worried about the growth of the numbers so he's not having me return for a 3rd.  I see him 5/31 for an ultrasound!

**Image Removed by Admin**

Re: 5 weeks today, EDD 1/20/2017!

• Options
    nan814nan814 member
    Congrats!
    DD1: 6.22.04
    DD2: 9.22.06
    DS1: Born too soon, 19w3d 1.28.14
    DS2: 3.5.15
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations! Welcome!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cjs260cjs260 member
    edited May 2016
    Congrats! I know how crazy being PGAL is. Just as a heads up, it's against the terms of use to post pee sticks here (because eww, you peed on that). 

ETA: we have a PGAL weekly thread that would be great for you to participate in.  Looking forward to you coming to join us! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Options
    sLass42sLass42 member
    Congrats!
    But have to.....

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Personal, Frequently Changing Gif Party>>>

• Options
    nan814nan814 member
    cjs260 said:
    Congrats! I know how crazy being PGAL is. Just as a heads up, it's against the terms of use to post pee sticks here (because eww, you peed on that). 

ETA: we have a PGAL weekly thread that would be great for you to participate in.  Looking forward to you coming to join us! 
    LOL is it really against the TOU??  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    cjs260cjs260 member
    nan814 said:
    cjs260 said:

LOL is it really against the TOU??  

I believe the only place it's okay is the "What does a positive pregnancy test look like?" on the first trimester board. 

• Options
    nan814nan814 member
    That's hilarious
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    How is it hilarious @nan814 ?
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • Options
    sLass42sLass42 member
    edited May 2016
    Quote from TBGs: 
    "This thread has been closed. Please do not post pictures of your pregnancy test or ask the Community if you are pregnant. Instead, please visit our 1st Trimester board to discuss early possible pregnancy symptoms and the thread pinned to the top of this board called, “What does a positive pregnancy test really look like?” where members are permitted to display their pregnancy tests."

ETA- granted i pulled it from ttgp, but no one wants to see pee, you can just say it's positive.
     It is known

• Options
    cjs260cjs260 member
    edited May 2016
    @sLass42 dat gif tho! 

Edit: my gif was eaten. 

• Options
    cjs260cjs260 member
    @sLass42 I lurked for several months over on TTGP from TTCAL and became a big fan of the rules. They're there for a reason! 

• Options
    cabu14cabu14 member
    I'm with you @sLass42 it may take some time getting used to.. But I like rules.. And it can be fun to enforce them.

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• Options
    cjs260cjs260 member
    @nan814 I completely understand why you think it's petty, but I appreciate the rule. I had a stick that looked just like that, which I took a picture of and sent to my husband. I never once had any desire to share it with strangers on the Internet. The only people who want to see that are you, your SO, and *maybe* your parents. It just makes me all like 

• Options
    @nan814 I'm with you. I get why they don't want them posted on TTGP because ouch. But on a BMB when everyone there is pregnant? Who's it gonna hurt? It isn't like she posted a picture of her urine. 
  • Options
    sLass42sLass42 member
    edited May 2016
    @cabu14 @nan814 The rule enforcing can be the source of fun snark too.
     If you break rules and are nice after being informed, then come hang!
    Some ppl post, get reminded of the rules, and freak out. They usually want immediate satisfaction and these are crazies that can go away.
    I think the pee stick rule is more or less to keep the boards from being flooded with "OMG look at my test" posts. And the infamous "is this positive" when it obviously is.
    But I do agree there should be a little more slack on that on a BMB. 
    edited cuz words..

• Options
    nan814nan814 member
    I did't realize I was starting a debate here.  It's been over a year since I was last on TB and back then there were pee sticks being posted CONSTANTLY on TTGP so it's just funny how much this place has changed and that THAT is something that's being moderated.  Although, on TTGP those posts were ALWAYS met with tons of snark so I can see why they would be trying to limit that, what with the angry app reviews because of the community and everything.  

Post a test isn't actually a TOU violation though, I know theres another list floating around somewhere with the "posting etiquette" so it may violate that, but I don't think its a bannable offense or anything.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    BrialaBriala member
    OP we have the same EDD!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Me: 26 DH: 29 Married 8/4/2012
    BFP #1 8/20/2013 | EDD 5/4/2014 | MMC 10/2/2013 9w3d | D&C 10/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/8/2014 (kinda) EDD 10/29/2014
     | DS Born 10/8/2014 
    TTCAL 11/2015 BFP #3 5/12/16 | EDD Jan 2017
  • Options
    Im 1 day behind you & Briala :) HH9M !!
  • Options
    spano41spano41 member
    Give me a fucking break!  You guys are seriously grossed out by looking at something someone peed on?  Are you kidding me?   I get it on the TTC pages or whatever....but having banned because it's "eweww."  Bwahahaha.  Are people not allowed to post pictures of mucus plugs, baby crap, and rashes anymore because that stuff really IS ewww and used to get posted all of the time.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    spano41spano41 member
    @cjs260 and @sLass42 seem legitimately grossed out by pictures of pee sticks.  Were you guys just being sarcastic?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cjs260cjs260 member
    edited May 2016
    @spano41 I work daily with rat seminal plugs. I am not grossed out by pee. It's against the rules. 

ETA: I think it's ridiculous that someone would want to share their hpt online. We all have one, otherwise we wouldn't be here. 

• Options
    spano41spano41 member
    cjs260 said:
    @spano41 I work daily with rat seminal plugs. I am not grossed out by pee. It's against the rules. 

ETA: I think it's ridiculous that someone would want to share their hpt online. We all have one, otherwise we wouldn't be here. 

Ok....I was just confused because you said it was against the rules "because ewww, you peed on that" and then posted a gif of someone looking disgusted.  My mistake.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cjs260cjs260 member
    spano41 said:
    cjs260 said:

Ok....I was just confused because you said it was against the rules "because ewww, you peed on that" and then posted a gif of someone looking disgusted.  My mistake.
    That's the face I make when people think they're above the rules (or just haven't read them yet), haha. No worries. It takes a lot more than pee to gross me out. FWIW, it very well may gross someone out, I was just saying something that is often said when people post their hpts on TB boards I have been active on. 

• Options
    I'm sorry but I'm with @nan814 on this one. I think the rule is borderline ridiculous and absolutely hysterical. I was on TB in 2011 and early 2014 (although apparently left before all the drama) and, while we didn't have these rules, we somehow muddled through figuring out how to interact as a group. 

But, to me, it's like deciding whether you like living in a neighborhood with an HOA or not. I personally hate it bc my current neighborhood dictates what paint colors you can use on your house and what time I need to pull my trash cans in. I get WHY the rules exist but being told how to live my life just rubs me the wrong way. Some people like the structure, others think that we're all hopefully responsible adults and don't have to be micromanaged to an inch of our lives. 

June Siggy Challenge: Robert Downey Jr

37 yr old mama with 4yr old DD and 2 yr old DS

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Josie3=5Josie3=5 member
    edited May 2016
    @Josie3=5 Except when rules like those aren't made people think it's ok to waltz into TTGP or TTCAL and post pee sticks that no one is prepared to see because it's a genuine sore spot. There are places that exist on the internet where you can ask people if you're pregnant and they will look at your pee stick and give you a genuine response. This isn't one of them. And that was decided collectively by people who have been active here and needed to stop it from happening. I don't think that asking people not to post pee sticks can even slightly be considered micromanaging. Nor do I think that having people start frequent daily threads to encourage active participation on a regular basis without cluttering the board with repetitive and unnecessary threads that you can't keep up with is micromanaging.
    I get where you're coming from. I just don't agree with it. This is a philosophical difference, not an 'I'm right and you're wrong' situation. I'll play along with the rules because I do want to be a part of this community but I'm going to eye roll some of those rules.

June Siggy Challenge: Robert Downey Jr

37 yr old mama with 4yr old DD and 2 yr old DS

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    The pee stick isn't necessarily "ew" to people, but it is a trigger for some who had to test long after the loss of their pregnancy because hcg levels weren't dropping. 
  • Options
    Congrats, Im due the day before you!!!! 1/19/2017
  • Options
    I get rules, and I'm fine with rules, but I'm also in the camp of this seeming silly in a BMB. I get it for TTGP or TTCAL, so why isn't it just a rule for those boards? But I also come from a group of pee happy gals who we all share our pee sticks and help look at squinters. I sent about 7 pictures of pee sticks to them...I honestly haven't heard of someone being grossed out because someone peed on it...

But, I get it, I can honestly see how hurtful it could be in TTGP and TTCAL. That makes 100% sense, and if the powers that be could only control that by banning them from every board, then that's fine. 
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Options
    @mommywesley I also see the potential issue of, if it's not banned on here, people will think it's ok to come in here and post their own thread asking us if a test is positive. And I don't think that should be ok anywhere on the boards. So I think a general ban prevents that from happening as well.
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Options
    Atkins17 said:
    Im 1 day behind you & Briala :) HH9M !!
    Me too! :)
    31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)